Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/10/2023 2:21:20 PM EDT
Everyone all upset over 20 years in Afghanistan, we’ll it’s going past 20 years for Iraq and all that money you thought would be saved from the war in Afghanistan where’s that $ now? https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2023/03/pentagon-chief-lloyd-austin-talks-troop-presence-surprise-iraq-visit
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
How many do we still have in Iraq?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I suppose if our troops never leave we never have to admit that we created an Iranian client state under the banner of "fighting terrorism".
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Actual or reported?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Actual or reported?
View Quote

How about both?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Eisenhower Farewell Address - Military Industrial Complex
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Biden will leave when enough Americans get blown to shit in an attack
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How about both?
View Quote

2,500 reported far more actual - but I won’t state the number
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
“These forces are operating in a non-combat, advise, assist and enable role to support the Iraqi-led fight against terrorism,” the US defense chief said.

Seems familiar, what was the deal with the Green Berets & CIA in Vietnam in the early 60's?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]

This right here…

I spent about 6 mo in Kuwait in 2020/2021.

95% of the reason we have thousands of troops there to this day is defense contractors.

We literally had zero mission while there. There was no “enemy” to speak of.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
“These forces are operating in a non-combat, advise, assist and enable role to support the Iraqi-led fight against terrorism,” the US defense chief said.

Seems familiar, what was the deal with the Green Berets & CIA in Vietnam in the early 60's?
View Quote

Advise and assist is pretty much everybody these days because the US plan to offset shortage of personnel and capacity is to rely on Allie’s so you’ve got US forces training in Ghana Africa, Pacific island states and Ukraine and most aren’t SOF. The plan to rely on India, South Korea, Australia and Japan for China won’t work, the Israelis almost weekly keep mentioning needing our forces for their forces to conduct long range strikes, Europe is mostly relying on U.S. for Ukraine and France got run out of Mali by the Russians. Relying on allies ain’t gonna work.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about both?

Yep. It's a lot.

And a lot of countries too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Ironically after some Iraqi police and HashD got ambushed and killed by isis this month Baghdad declared Iraq free of terrorism then blamed Syria for any violence.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Whenever we do decide to leave, you can bet that what happened in Afghanistan will happen in Iraq as well.  Doesn't matter if we leave there tomorrow or 50 years from now.  The only difference is whether we manage the pull out better than Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

USAID workers
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:48:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whenever we do decide to leave, you can bet that what happened in Afghanistan will happen in Iraq as well.  Doesn't matter if we leave there tomorrow or 50 years from now.  The only difference is whether we manage the pull out better than Afghanistan.
View Quote

You said pull out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#18]
DD214 blanket feels so good right now. Keeps me nice and warm.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Here is one from 1940, the 3 Stooges.  You Natzy Spy. Watch from :30 to1:30.  Very relevant to today

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Forever war makes that money
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And that actual number won't even include security contractors I'm guessing?
View Quote

Every country doesn’t report everything. China doesn’t include Russian aircraft purchases in its Air force totals. Russian doesn’t count Wagner in its total of Russians killed. But Iraq government has kaboshed most US contract work. There’s other countries from Europe also in Iraq besides the US forces.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

USAID workers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USAID workers

So COMPLETELY different.  Whew, I was worried for a second.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Brought to US by the same people behind the Arab Spring

Vice President Joe Biden speaks to the audience at the United States Forces-Iraq change of command ceremony Sept. 1. Gen Lloyd J. Austin III relieved Gen. Ray Odierno as the commander of USF-I on the same day that marked the beginning of Operation New Dawn...
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I suppose if our troops never leave we never have to admit that we created an Iranian client state under the banner of "fighting terrorism".
View Quote

There’s also the switch from Sunni to Shiite dominated government that still fiefs with the Kurds https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iraq-pm-risks-new-crisis-tensions-with-kurds-resurface-2023-02-16/
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess Halliburton didn't get paid enough.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#27]
lol Is our pull out game, weak?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too many. Pull out 100% and let it all burn.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There’s also the switch from Sunni to Shiite dominated government that still fiefs with the Kurds https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iraq-pm-risks-new-crisis-tensions-with-kurds-resurface-2023-02-16/
View Quote

Good. Maybe more Antifa fucks can get killed fighting with PKK.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good. Maybe more Antifa fucks can get killed fighting with PKK.
View Quote

The Kurds in Iraq are a different group than the PKK and YPG which is mostly but not completely Kurds in Syria. But the few times PKK has crossed the border it hasn’t gone well for them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

What war?
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#33]
In Roman time when they conquered a new territory they would send home ox carts of treasure, free chariot races and gladiatorial games would be held to commemorate the victory, a triumph would be held where the legions would be showered in rose petals and accolades as they marched through streets of adoring citizens.   We never even got so much as a free tank of gas, not even minor league baseball tickets, and our veterans certainly never received the triumph they were due.  

The wealthy though sure received their reward as their shares of  Raytheon stock purchased minutes before before the issuance of major acquisition contracts went through the roof.  

No new territory gained. No sharing of the spoils of war even to those who gave everything for victory.   No, the common American is told that our reward is the good deed itself while the elite stuff their pockets with the money they made like the vultures they are while some of our veterans join the ranks of the homeless.  

No more conflicts under our current leadership can be tolerated. We are ill served and poorly lead.  Victory is not even a goal anymore of the elites.  No, their goal is to simply prolong the conflict to prolong the war profiteering.  Prison for the war profiteers and for those who enabled them through prolonging the conflict.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Turning and turning in the widening gyre  
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere  
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst  
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.  
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out  
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert  
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,  
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,  
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it  
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.  
The darkness drops again; but now I know  
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,  
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,  
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

-The Second Coming, Yates.

There are no noble leaders anymore, only the worst who can manipulate the mob of parasites steer the course of this Republic.  I fear what end they will take us to.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Got to teach the Iraqis about trans one way or another.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What war?
View Quote

The ones we create for no reason at all.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What war?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What war?

The one we sat out?

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
DD214 blanket feels so good right now. Keeps me nice and warm.
View Quote

Until the recruiting numbers get so low, you get that recall letter.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Until the recruiting numbers get so low, you get that recall letter.  
View Quote

National Guard is taking up that slack. Louisiana sent their brigade to Syria and Iraq in 2020 and last year was Ohio Army National Guard brigade.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 2:46:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Everyone all upset over 20 years in Afghanistan, we’ll it’s going past 20 years for Iraq and all that money you thought would be saved from the war in Afghanistan where’s that $ now?
View Quote

It's being sent to Ukraine with a 10% kickback to the big guy. Leaving Iraq would be the right thing to do but I guess we'll have to wait until ice cream kiddie sniffer leaves the office.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:09:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In Roman time when they conquered a new territory they would send home ox carts of treasure, free chariot races and gladiatorial games would be held to commemorate the victory, a triumph would be held where the legions would be showered in rose petals and accolades as they marched through streets of adoring citizens.   We never even got so much as a free tank of gas, not even minor league baseball tickets, and our veterans certainly never received the triumph they were due.  

The wealthy though sure received their reward as their shares of  Raytheon stock purchased minutes before before the issuance of major acquisition contracts went through the roof.  

No new territory gained. No sharing of the spoils of war even to those who gave everything for victory.   No, the common American is told that our reward is the good deed itself while the elite stuff their pockets with the money they made like the vultures they are while some of our veterans join the ranks of the homeless.  

No more conflicts under our current leadership can be tolerated. We are ill served and poorly lead.  Victory is not even a goal anymore of the elites.  No, their goal is to simply prolong the conflict to prolong the war profiteering.  Prison for the war profiteers and for those who enabled them through prolonging the conflict.
View Quote

Your parking spot at Lowes and that sweet WW2 discount?

Some people.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's being sent to Ukraine with a 10% kickback to the big guy. Leaving Iraq would be the right thing to do but I guess we'll have to wait until ice cream kiddie sniffer leaves the office.
View Quote

There’s another way US troops will have to leave Iraq https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Operation-Iranian-Freedom-Biden-preps-for-war-with-Iran/5-2600703/
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does a retired Reserve NCO in California know the “actual” number?
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This right here…

I spent about 6 mo in Kuwait in 2020/2021.

95% of the reason we have thousands of troops there to this day is defense contractors.

We literally had zero mission while there. There was no “enemy” to speak of.
View Quote

There is no mission in Kuwait aside from a global response posture.  I'm not sure what enemy you expected in Kuwait.  There aren't a whole lot of enemies in Korea or Germany either, yet we still have people there.

Iraq and Syria have had plenty for my people to do.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#48]
We are still in Germany, Japan and Korea....
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We are still in Germany, Japan and Korea....
View Quote

But not Afghanistan
House Foreign Affairs Committee Holds A Hearing On The Withdrawal From Afghanistan
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How does a retired Reserve NCO in California know the “actual” number?
View Quote

I thought we were talking golf, most of my social interactions are on the golf courses these days, so you can ignore that post
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top