Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:53:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
The boogyman checks under his bed for Chuck Norris.
Chuck Norris checks under his bed for General Mattis.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He is beast mode....
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]

St. Mattis, Patron Saint of Chaos
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I approve of this thread.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#12]
lol did he really say that?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

lol did he really say that?
View Quote
Yuuuuup.

Here's another

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#15]
+1 +2 +3
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
John Dickerson: "What keeps you awake at night?"

Mattis: "Nothing, I keep other people awake at night."
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Mattis once shot down a Russian Bear bomber over Moscow by pointing his finger and whispering "Bang."

While stationed in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I think General Mattis likes to kill people - the people who need killin'. God bless America for all of our fine folks in uniform. My respects.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
John Dickerson: "What keeps you awake at night?"

Mattis: "Nothing, I keep other people awake at night."
View Quote
BEASTMODE: James Mattis: I keep other people awake at night
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I approve of this thread.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]

It's often said that babies cry because they know they were born into a world where Chuck Norris exists.  It's clearly an elaborate fabrication.

Babies cry because they know General Mattis exists.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Leadership Lessons from Gen. James Mattis (Ret.)
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I love this thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Just think, President Trump has given him the green light to defeat our enemies when diplomacy has failed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#27]
If he posted on something on Twitter like "Will you follow me as far as I will lead you, with no questions asked? If so, follow me now, come to Washington DC and I will lead you to victory..."

Literally MILLIONS of fully armed and violent minded veterans and active duty combat arms personnel would jump at the chance and would follow him where ever he led them. Likely without even asking for pay (not that a leader like Mattis would ever take advantage). They would do so out of the respect, love, and admiration they hold for this guy.

Sure, a lot of that is stuff cooked up by popular culture, but most of the cool shit is 100% based on truth.

And yes, he could stage a coup against the US Govt in about 10 fucking seconds flat, as long as it takes him to Tweet his intentions it would happen.

The fact that this man is largely apolitical and strongly pro-democracy/American values is the only thing that stops him from literally becoming Caesar of the USA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#28]
and @sylvan
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Saint Mattis watches over us
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time with him.

Always been a good guy, too. He met me once and remembered my name months down the road. Usually called me ‘young man’ though- he’s got some type of soft firmness I’ve always respected. Like has been said before, he is respected by a massive amount of people like I’ve never seen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just think, President Trump has given him the green light to defeat our enemies when diplomacy has failed.
View Quote
Mattis is as apolitical as a former 4 star general and current SECDEF can be, in that he really only focuses on foreign policy and military stuff. And based on speeches he gave in the past, he is very patriotic and a firm believer in traditional American value when it comes to the military and politics, guys like him understand the dangers of standing armies and the role they play in creating monstrosities of tyrannical govt. So no, I don't think he'd ever stand by and lead a coup. I think he'd resign beforehand, unless something drastic happened, that ultimately suspended his completely belief in the American system. So if he saw something existing as a coup against the legitimate govt (that he belongs to), I can see him replying with a counter coup under martial law.

And I don't think Trump is going to green light a military coup either. It would undermine his presidency. As it is, in one year he has undone a large chunk of Obama's legacy, and he's already significantly breaking up and defeating in detail the Deep State. Given a full four year term, let alone two of them, Trump might actually be able to reverse course enough to give this country a chance for the short term foreseeable future. But yes, if the Left extended their existing cold coup and went hot, then Trump would act in a heartbeat declaring martial law and smiting his enemies in a countercoup with military support.

But neither Trump nor Mattis, are going to be the saviors of this Republic. We are. Its a culture war, Utopite Leftist Death Cult versus Classical Liberals. We need to take back lost ground or else it wont matter what Trump or Mattis do, they wont live forever, he wont be president forever. We need to retake schools, academia, media. If we can't do that, Trump or Mattis are only going to be putting a bandaid on an arterial bleed, even if they did launch a countercoup against the Deep State they cannot sustain it in the long run if the enemy has infinite resources because they are indoctrinating the nation's youth to be our enemies.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If he posted on something on Twitter like "Will you follow me as far as I will lead you, with no questions asked? If so, follow me now, come to Washington DC and I will lead you to victory..."

Literally MILLIONS of fully armed and violent minded veterans and active duty combat arms personnel would jump at the chance and would follow him where ever he led them. Likely without even asking for pay (not that a leader like Mattis would ever take advantage). They would do so out of the respect, love, and admiration they hold for this guy.

Sure, a lot of that is stuff cooked up by popular culture, but most of the cool shit is 100% based on truth.

And yes, he could stage a coup against the US Govt in about 10 fucking seconds flat, as long as it takes him to Tweet his intentions it would happen.

The fact that this man is largely apolitical and strongly pro-democracy/American values is the only thing that stops him from literally becoming Caesar of the USA.
View Quote
In Mattis I Trust.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I’ve been fortunate enough to spend a lot of time with him.

Always been a good guy, too. He met me once and remembered my name months down the road. Usually called me ‘young man’ though- he’s got some type of soft firmness I’ve always respected. Like has been said before, he is respected by a massive amount of people like I’ve never seen.
View Quote
Dude that's awesome. Were you his driver or an aide or something?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
and @sylvan
View Quote
I haven't seen him post in awhile.

I wonder if they've committed him.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.

If I read that and was confident it was him, I'd smile and head on down to wherever.

I never served in the military, and I would show up.

He wants me to cook beans or stack cardboard? That's fine.

I respect the hell out of that guy.

It is my belief he only took his current position because he felt the country needed him. He could be a political superstar, yet he shys away from politics. He reads constantly.

He's my favorite part of the Trump presidency, by far.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#42]
LOL call His name three times and He appears!
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Greatest SecDef. Ever.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]
LMAO
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Shouldn’t those be Rip-it’s instead of monsters?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top