Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2021 9:11:48 PM EDT
So I know a little bit about the brand back story, but wanted to see if anyone out here has any first hand experience with em.

I currently own a squale 1545 classic that I love....

Will it compare the te 1545 ?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll find out soon enough, I snagged a Neptune watch during the recent release.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I can’t compare to Squale since I don’t own any, but I do have one of the Dark Merlins from Sangin.  Personally I love it, it’s my go-to for work every day.  It’s a quartz so it’s dead accurate and idiot proof, solar powered so batteries are a non-issue, 200m water resistant, super tough and easy to read.  I don’t really even remember how I found out about them, to be honest.  I think it might have been through watching one of Garand Thumb’s videos, I think he wears an Atlas.

I don’t entirely understand the almost rabid following around them, but for as limited as they are, they definitely put out very high quality watches.  I doubt you’d be disappointed if you snag one, I love mine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely worth picking one or two up. Solid folks with good customer service. My Atlas runs a little fast, but nothing major. The quartz watches are tough and their autos are simple. My Atlas has a SII NE15 movement. Nothing special, but get's the job done and is inexpensive to repair/replace. I couldn't swing a Neptune in this last preorder, but I might try to buy one secondhand.

I've had two Atlas watches. One matte and my current one is brushed. Both bezels are a little loose in my opinion, not worth mentioning, but it I've had my shirt sleeve move the bezel multiple times. The detent is nice, but a little spongy. Similar to a Seiko or Oris,, but not as crisp as a Tudor/Rolex. The crown on my brushed Atlas has a matte finish which kinda drives me crazy. The dial is simple with applied indices, everything lines up properly. Hard to complain for under $1000. If you're looking for a great daily, beater, tool watch, Sangin is certainly for you.

The value on these watches is incredible if you can buy them directly. Typically, their value secondhand isn't as good of a deal, but is still fair in my opinion.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I've met the owner on several occasions and he's a super cool guy. I hope to eventually get one on release. I love the Neptune.

Side note: Mike/Garand Thumb wears a Sangin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
they appear sold out on everything.

What does the Atlas usually cost?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I signed up for notifications when the Atlas is back in stock.

Got the email today.

Immediately went to the site, still says sold out.

???
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I signed up for notifications when the Atlas is back in stock.

Got the email today.

Immediately went to the site, still says sold out.

???
View Quote

They sell out in minutes, if not seconds.

I tried to get my hands on a neptune. I managed to get it in my cart but by the time I hit submit it was sold out. I hit submit 3 min after the sale started.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
What is the Atlas’s price?
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I've seen a few go for over $800 on watchrecon.

I've never caught them for sale on the site. The Neptune was $765 I believe.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I’d like to get an Overlord someday. They are supposed to get more in this summer, but I imagine they will sell out in minutes too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top