Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2021 8:31:55 AM EDT
https://www.lawofficer.com/san-francisco-residents-clamor-for-more-police/

SAN FRANCISCO — As crime and homelessness have spiked degrading the quality of life in the Bay Area, San Francisco residents are clamoring for more police, according to a recent poll.

Roughly 80% of those polled said addressing homelessness is a top priority. About 76% of those polled want more police officers in high-crime neighborhoods, according to the City Beat Poll. It was commissioned by the city’s chamber of commerce in late May, and involved 520 registered voters who live in the city, SFGate.com reported.

There has been a 753% jump in car break-ins at the police department’s central station compared to May 2020, while there were COVID-19 restrictions, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. The paper said thefts are up 75% compared to 2019, but that number is considerably skewed, according to Law Officer sources, since many property crimes go unreported due to a feeling of hopelessness. Therefore, the numbers are actually much higher.

Overall, 70% of the respondents to the City Beat Poll believe the quality of life in the city has declined.

“We want our visitors to feel safe and feel they can park safe,” Kevin Carroll, executive director of the Hotel Council of San Francisco, told the paper. “Anything that pulls away from that hurts their experience here. You come to visit this beautiful city and your car is broken into, it leaves a bad impression. We don’t want that to happen.”

A local police detective recently visited a Law Officer staff member in another state. When asked if parking was a problem at a major shopping and dining area, the investigator said, “Are you kidding? I didn’t have to step over dozens of homeless people or walk through their urine and (other stuff) to get here. … And I can’t believe you can park for free.”

Poll Highlights:

76% said increasing the number of police officers in high-crime neighborhoods should be a priority.
80% saw addressing the homelessness crisis as a high priority.
82% said they wanted to see more caseworkers on the streets to help individuals with mental illness and substance use problems.
74% supported providing more temporary shelter for homeless people.
80% supported expanding conservatorship for individuals experiencing severe mental illness.

Watchmen - Rorschach's Opening Scene (.. and I'll whisper no.)

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck 'em, they deserve the government they voted for.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
X2
View Quote

X3
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

X3
View Quote

X4

The residents say they want for police yet when the go to the ballot box the look for all the D's after the names.
The dumb ones (most of them) will probably overlook Newsom since his name will not have a D in recall election
because he is an I10T and doesn't know how to fill in forms.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

X4

The residents say they want for police yet when the go to the ballot box the look for all the D's after the names.
The dumb ones (most of them) will probably overlook Newsom since his name will not have a D in recall election
because he is an I10T and doesn't know how to fill in forms.
View Quote

X5
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed, they chose what they wanted and they got it.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. - H. L. Mencken
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#8]
FPNI!

And OP's Rorschach scene is exactly what I thought of
when I read the thread title.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#9]
We had a next door newbie openly stating and bragging that they are from enlightened San Francisco and she was saddened by the white privi of everyone in the neighborhood( it's a gated mcmansion community BTW) and people need to check their privis.

Last year, Pantifa and BLM somehow broke into the gate community and she was trying to get them all drinks and was humbly bragging being a proud BLM member.

It wasn't until they went into her houses and started ransacking and stuff started getting stolen that she was uncomfortable and immediately called the police.

Nobody really showed up until 2 hrs later according to her story and she blames the police, nevermind that BLM and Antifa was protesting in downtown Salem, Oregon so the police was too busy taking care of that to send anyone.

In the end, nosy fucken neighbors reported to her that I am the honcho gun guy for the neighborhood and she promptly asked and needed a gun along with her cucklefag husband on a leash.

I sold her a highly used Jennings .22 for about $1000 bucks that was chromed and shiny that I picked up from a police auction for beaverton PD. Did the BGC at a local gun store and even the gun guy was rolling his eyes on her attitude for the transfer.

Slight delay on the transfer until 30 days later and she cleared up some MISUNDERSTANDINGS due to her relative being a known felon with a similar name as hers.

Sold her 100 rounds of .22 ammo also for about $150 bucks. Showed her the hollow point and she kinda EEEKED in horror of the evilness so I had to meet her and I exchanged the Full metal ones for her hollow points I sold and my brother asked her for another $100 bucks because the ammo was environmentally friendly.

I could write an entire fucken book about the San Fransicko couple but I will stop right there.

My point is that even those that escape....they clamor for the same fucken policies that made them leave SF in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like jailing the bad guys is cheaper than the $60k tents ?? for the homeless druggies. It is SF, so they will probably give the homeless police officer jobs since commies think people are fungible unless they are victim status which means they go to top of hiring pile.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We had a next door newbie openly stating and bragging that they are from enlightened San Francisco and she was saddened by the white privi of everyone in the neighborhood( it's a gated mcmansion community BTW) and people need to check their privis.

Last year, Pantifa and BLM somehow broke into the gate community and she was trying to get them all drinks and was humbly bragging being a proud BLM member.

It wasn't until they went into her houses and started ransacking and stuff started getting stolen that she was uncomfortable and immediately called the police.

Nobody really showed up until 2 hrs later according to her story and she blames the police, nevermind that BLM and Antifa was protesting in downtown Salem, Oregon so the police was too busy taking care of that to send anyone.

In the end, nosy fucken neighbors reported to her that I am the honcho gun guy for the neighborhood and she promptly asked and needed a gun along with her cucklefag husband on a leash.

I sold her a highly used Jennings .22 for about $1000 bucks that was chromed and shiny that I picked up from a police auction for beaverton PD. Did the BGC at a local gun store and even the gun guy was rolling his eyes on her attitude for the transfer.

Slight delay on the transfer until 30 days later and she cleared up some MISUNDERSTANDINGS due to her relative being a known felon with a similar name as hers.

Sold her 100 rounds of .22 ammo also for about $150 bucks. Showed her the hollow point and she kinda EEEKED in horror of the evilness so I had to meet her and I exchanged the Full metal ones for her hollow points I sold and my brother asked her for another $100 bucks because the ammo was environmentally friendly.

I could write an entire fucken book about the San Fransicko couple but I will stop right there.

My point is that even those that escape....they clamor for the same fucken policies that made them leave SF in the first place.
View Quote

This story could be complete bullshit and I don’t care. It makes me smile.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Perfect follow up to the "let it burn" thread.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...

Sucks for those that think and vote right that are trapped there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Why don't they just hire the homeless and give them badges, win win
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#15]
So they want to hire more cops that sit in a car all shift, trying to avoid any call that will result in a interaction, which will in turn lead to personal and professional ruin.

Got it

Have fun hosting your LEO job fair.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh well
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
And they'll move to other states where they'll vote for the same policies that caused this crap in California.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
And they'll move to other states where they'll vote for the same policies that caused this crap in California.
View Quote

But it will work *this* time!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Goddamn right
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Half of San Francisco's problem is state law. You could hire all the officers you want, and until they address state law the problems will continue
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#21]
More of this isn't going to help.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Given the ethnic diversity of the city that's what you're most likely to get, though
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Fukm
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#24]
They have elected folks like;

Diane Feinstein
Kamala Harris
Gavin Newsome
Nancy Pelosi....
....and that's just the one's still active. Off the top of my head.

Link Posted: 6/30/2021 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Did Harry Callahan retire?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did Harry Callahan retire?
View Quote

Since he is 90 I certainly hope so.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Half of San Francisco's problem is state law. You could hire all the officers you want, and until they address state law the problems will continue
View Quote

Very true
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#28]
FWIW about a week ago I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge and saw a fairly healthy group of anti vaxxers, anti maskers and dump Newsom protesters.

I don't know if that says anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Everywhere will be like SF, if some members’ wet dream comes true and drugs and drug use become legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top