Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2019 11:34:00 AM EDT
I can't decide on how/what to use to add to the doors on my safe for more organization and possibly hold handguns and mags.

Wildecustomgear.com makes custom panels in MOLLE. Probably $80 per panel which isnt bad BUT that's not including pouches for mags or handguns.

I'm not familiar with molle like this panel. Can I use strong bulk velcro and make my own loops?

I also think I'll add the Rifle Rods in the safe that velcro to the ceiling and have the rods coming down.

As far as handguns. The metal hangers that hang on the shelves look good and free up shelf space but some reviews state they sag over time. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Rifle rods are the best thing* I ever bought. Thanks to a fellow Arfcom member who recommended them a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I mounted a tool holding magnet underneath one of my shelves and I can stick all of my flat-topped handguns on it.  Most pistol mags will stay on it, too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Magnets on the outside for mags.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I added magnets to the inside top of the safe and store handguns there. Top of the slide against the magnet. I used the 3m double sided adhesive that came with the magnets. I wasnt sure it would be strong enough but it holds a fully loaded G17 with a TLR1 for days on end. Just be sure to degrease both surfaces.

You can stick magnets anywhere and then stick whatever to the magnet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rifle rods are the best thing* I ever bought. Thanks to a fellow Arfcom member who recommended them a couple of years ago.
View Quote
Been meaning to try those.

They have an 11% off coupon code on their website for Labor Day.  I just pulled the trigger on some.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I had my mom sew elastic strips on a panel.  The strips were about 1" thick and I ran them from left to right horizontally across the panel.  Every inch or so I had her sew a vertical line.  This held any size pistol magazine in them.  I think I did about 8 magazine slots per row on the panel with about 3 or 4 rows.  I stapled the panel to plywood and inserted it into my safe door.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]
As I've mentioned to many, rifle rods are the #1 change to make. I don't waste space inside my safe for mags with just a couple of exceptions.

Door pockets were aftermarket since they didn't make them when I bought the safe. Those pockets a almost all pistol pockets.

Other handguns can be organized In racks to save room and keep them from getting g scratched up.

Don't forget some type of dehumidifier and lights if your safe doesn't have them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Been meaning to try those.

They have an 11% off coupon code on their website for Labor Day.  I just pulled the trigger on some.
View Quote
What site is that? I can't seem to find that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What site is that? I can't seem to find that.
View Quote
https://www.storemoreguns.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top