Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one, but I have a feeling the price will be in SCAR territory or beyond
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
i like that stepped down hand guard.

that dudes mustache though, was that just for the video or does he sport that all the time?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, I'm thinking close to 4-5k.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you want it?

View Quote
Is it a gun?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks neat.  I'd take one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is it a gun?
View Quote

Beat me to it.

Stupid question, OP. My sickness requires that I attempt to aquire EVERY GUN.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit.

I will be in bunk.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Sig?

No thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Calling it now, the recoil will be its downfall.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this the latest development that Sig is going to beta test on US consumers? Is the goal to get it working well enough for issue to 3rd World retards or just abandon the platform once the R&D costs have been recouped?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sig?

No thanks
View Quote

Calm down bruh, glocks aren't really that good, its 2021 now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm an M&P guy, but Sig's businesses practices prevent me from ever giving them money.

I'm blown away at how many people will pay premium prices to be their QC testing, and still get SurprisedPikachu.jpeg when they get fucked.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes.  Yes plz.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Right in time for the AWB
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Gimme.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#18]
6.8x51? Interdasting...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm an M&P guy, but Sig's businesses practices prevent me from ever giving them money.

I'm blown away at how many people will pay premium prices to be their QC testing, and still get SurprisedPikachu.jpeg when they get fucked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Design/build is the way of the future, let some poor schmuck with more money than patience pay for testing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Stupid caliber.  Why not 6.5?  Why would the .mil require a bullet diameter?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I imagine the civy version would be in 7.62x51, at least initially.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:28:09 PM EDT
[#22]
External piston ARs are dumb. Switching to a new caliber without a change in ammunition technology is even dumber.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
6.8x51? Interdasting...
View Quote

Its some hot shit, Mr. St. John makes it sound like this isn't even full power.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i like that stepped down hand guard.

that dudes mustache though, was that just for the video or does he sport that all the time?
View Quote

It’s an homage to the late George C. Nonte! And I have no doubt that 99% of the youngsters here will have no clue who I am referencing!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I want one but I know it’ll be fucking expensive. The small frame virtus is expensive. Given that it’s a large frame, and how proud they are of it? An MSRP south of 3k would be a miracle, and in this market a street price south of 4k seems like a total pipe dream. Still, a man can dream!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I gotta stop crapping on Sig.

At least they make whatever they can completely available to the public.

Gun looks sorta badass
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#27]
in before parts break, recall after 12 months, another 12 months to get your gun back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
in before parts break, recall after 12 months, another 12 months to get your gun back.
View Quote

Then a Gen 2 where half the Gen 1 parts - including mags - no longer work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

IIRC, the bullet was army mandated; its design required a specific energy at range - but the shape used for the calcs had a subpar BC.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#30]
People still shitting on SIG.. SMH. They are one of the few innovative companies in the business, and give the Anti's the bird all of the time.

If their products were "shit", JSOC units would not be using them. Period.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#31]
6.8 army mandated?

Too bad, 6.5 could do so much.

Didnt the Marines look at 6.5 for sniper rifles?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
People still shitting on SIG.. SMH. They are one of the few innovative companies in the business, and give the Anti's the bird all of the time.

View Quote

Lol if you don't think there's fucky stuff going on with all the contracts Sig has been getting
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Lol if you don't think there's fucky stuff going on with all the contracts Sig has been getting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm laughing at how you have no idea how JSOC selects their weapons.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

@S-1

I always chuckle at people who view JSOC and speshil 4ces to justify what they have.  JSOC has a billion options, plus immediate support, plus not out-of-fucking-pocket expenses for these.

Those of us talking about this online bear all of it.  All of the risk is on us, because Sig has shown fucking repeatedly that they do not support their products and will buttfuck early adopters for nearly every single line of rifle and pistol they prematurely release.  But keep worshipping JSOC who bears none of the risk.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#35]
That mustache though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@S-1

I always chuckle at people who view JSOC and speshil 4ces to justify what they have.  JSOC has a billion options, plus immediate support, plus not out-of-fucking-pocket expenses for these.

Those of us talking about this online bear all of it.  All of the risk is on us, because Sig has shown fucking repeatedly that they do not support their products and will buttfuck early adopters for nearly every single line of rifle and pistol they prematurely release.  But keep worshipping JSOC who bears none of the risk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@S-1

JSOC doesn't have a "billion" options. They test extensively, every piece of equipment that they have. Non of it is junk, and is the best at the time to fill whatever role that piece of equipment is to fill. It is a common misconception that they can use "whatever they want". They have issued weapons just like everyone else.

DEVGRU recently replaced the 416 with Noveske's as their standard issued carbine. Do you think they just said "these look cool, let's get them"? Nope. Every 5 years or so, they extensively test what is available and select the best that fulfills their requirements. They also started issuing a SIG P320 X-Five to their assaulters. Im sure they just didn't select that because they liked the looks. CAG is also testing carbines to replace the 416. They are also using the SIG MCX in 300bo a lot. Again, not because it looks cool, but it fulfills a task and it was the best to do so when they tested them.

No "worshipping" here. Just stating facts. Funny for a guy that says he is an "M&P fanboy". That would be the last handgun that I would use for work. Yes, and that is from my personal experience with them. IIRC, the M&P had MANY problems that would pop up when they were released and continued to have issues here and there years later. Yet, you want to bash SIG? Please.

Also, the M&P didn't even make it out of the first phase of the latest .mil handgun trial.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:49:44 PM EDT
[#37]
How long before the MAC channel story on the spotty reliability and function for the 1st of 6 versions to correct the problem

I like SIG but they are in such a hurry to come to market with untested gear
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Indian MIM critical components, guns with poor QC that get abandoned with no support, different generations of guns that are rolled out with no announcement that make the older generations incompatible/obsolete with no support from the factory.

Gee, I wonder why people shit on them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I think I'll still stick with the 716i tread I want for my next purchase over the MCX
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#40]
The question isn't whether or not I want one (of course I do) - it's, "will it ever make it to the civilian sales market before the Democrats push an AWB?"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

JSOC doesn't have a "billion" options. They test extensively, every piece of equipment that they have. Non of it is junk, and is the best at the time to fill whatever role that piece of equipment is to fill. It is a common misconception that they can use "whatever they want". They have issued weapons just like everyone else.

DEVGRU recently replaced the 416 with Noveske's as their standard issued carbine. Do you think they just said "these look cool, let's get them"? Nope. Every 5 years or so, they extensively test what is available and select the best that fulfills their requirements. They also started issuing a SIG P320 X-Five to their assaulters. Im sure they just didn't select that because they liked the looks. CAG is also testing carbines to replace the 416. They are also using the SIG MCX in 300bo a lot. Again, not because it looks cool, but it fulfills a task and it was the best to do so when they tested them.

No "worshipping" here. Just stating facts. Funny for a guy that says he is an "M&P fanboy". That would be the last handgun that I would use for work. Yes, and that is from my personal experience with them. IIRC, the M&P had MANY problems that would pop up when they were released and continued to have issues here and there years later. Yet, you want to bash SIG? Please.

Also, the M&P didn't even make it out of the first phase of the latest .mil handgun trial.
View Quote

@S-1

Any details on the Noveske rifles?  I remember you posting that in another thread.  Also that they are using Dead Air cans?  Any idea which one or is it a special contract deal?

I was honestly kind of surprised about Noveske.  I figured they were basically just a lifestyle brand these days.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m interested, but availability of that ammo is going be the biggest issue. It’ll probably be as expensive to shoot as match grade precision rounds unless production is significantly ramped up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought it looked like a pretty sharp recoil impulse.

I have a love/hate with Sig. They seem to be one of the only ones not pumping out a tiny change to the AR10/AR9 game and then calling it a new weapon, but it's a 100% guarantee that if you spend 4k on this rifle, you will have a weapon with multiple flaws and no support in less than a year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Indian MIM critical components, guns with poor QC that get abandoned with no support, different generations of guns that are rolled out with no announcement that make the older generations incompatible/obsolete with no support from the factory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok... 20er.

Every gun has mim in them. All manufacturers run into QC issues too. Yes, even the beloved HK. I haven't had a problem getting support for any of my SIGs for the past 22 years, or any of my guns for that matter. It is just like buying a new car. Don't buy the first year of a brand new model/makeover. Simple.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@S-1

Any details on the Noveske rifles?  I remember you posting that in another thread.  Also that they are using Dead Air cans?  Any idea which one or is it a special contract deal?

I was honestly kind of surprised about Noveske.  I figured they were basically just a lifestyle brand these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@S-1

This is what I've seen listed.

- The 300 and 5.56 are identical other than the engraving on the port door and the gas system length; 300 is pistol length and 5.56 is carbine.
- Noveske Gen 1 lower. The FA ones come from their own batch. The newer F-prefix lowers have the new correct engraving style.
- Noveske Gen 3 upper receiver, 2nd version
- Noveske NSR-9 M-LOK
- Noveske 10.5” “Navy profile” barrel - Profile was custom built/spec’d for dev. Fairly close to their “lightweight contour”. There’s only a handful of these in civilian hands and no plans on offering them publicly, so you might need to substitute with something else.
- Noveske TiN NSR screws (not publicly available)
- Noveske caliber-marked port door (not publicly available)
- Noveske rear QD sling plate
- Noveske / Geissele ACH charging handle - both colors are used
- Magpul MOE-K2 Grip / FDE
- Magpul MOE SL-K Stock / FDE
- Magpul polymer trigger guard / FDE
- Dead Air Sandman-S
- Cerakote FDE - Only the can body is coated.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have a love/hate with Sig. They seem to be one of the only ones not pumping out a tiny change to the AR10/AR9 game and then calling it a new weapon, but it's a 100% guarantee that if you spend 4k on this rifle, you will have a weapon with multiple flaws and no support in less than a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's 100% false... Even the Legacy MCX and gen 1 MPX are still getting support/parts from Sig. Heck this has already received a bunch of improvement on things they've changed from the Virtus setup, which has been a rather solid rifle.

The legacy MCX upper can accept Virtus barrels/parts save for handguard. Not hard to swap out the bcg parts to make the legacy system a Virtus setup with the longer legacy upper.

Biggest letdown has been lack of caliber swaps on the MPX and that's not surprising when they have no issues moving the current 9mm setups they make.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#47]
@m1afan1000

@Burnsy87
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd rather have the Beretta made bullpup also in the trials.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

First, "M&P fanboy" was not in one of my posts, so thanks for adding that.  I shoot my gen 2 M&P's better than any Glocks or Sigs.  Gen 1 M&Ps absolutely had problems, which have been rectified.  320's are nice, I don't like how they feel in my hands and their grip textures are a joke.  I like how high my hand sits on M&Ps as well, it seems Sig went the opposite direction compared to other newer striker pistols in that regard, your hand is pretty low on the 320's.  Compare it to a P10 and it feels really weird.

Sig has become the Grunt Style/Black Rifle go to, its a lifestyle brand at this point.  Yeah, once Gen 2 of their products come out, they're usually pretty damn good.  Except they never fulfill the promises of gen 1, and screw over the early consumers.  Nobody has really refuted that yet.  I have a friend still waiting for a conversion for his gen 1 MPX.  You keep talking about what works for the military, which means fuck all for the civilian side of this conversation.  I'm not sure why you're stuck on that, but you are.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#50]
That looked like a significant recoil impulse.  

I’m not sure if the average soldier is going to handle that well.  

Why do I suspect we won’t be seeing real world testing of a unit’s average ability to make hits on the dreaded Russian or Chinese soldier’s armored chest at 600 yards using this 6.8 Win Mag round?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top