Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/21/2024 9:11:35 PM EDT
Are you really that stupid?

I searched for drones and warehouses.  Happy to kill this thread if it's a dupe.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Oopski..

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#2]
blyat
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Major oppski.    Somebody is going to get a cut in vodka ration.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuckupski!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
not sure what you can really expect them to do.. looks like temporary shelters.

Article also mentions the drones as having increased their range.. Ruskies probably thought they were safe
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The answer is obvious. The United States was the main supplier of Ukraine's heavy munitions, and Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are running out of their heaviest weapons

View Quote
Little bit of bias in that article. Also crazy that a small drone can take out a tank.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#10]
"But if the Ukrainians could locate a warehouse complex full of tanks 10 miles behind the front line, why not strike it with much heavier weapons than drones—artillery, rockets, even glide-bombs—and guarantee the instantaneous destruction of the entire complex?

The answer is obvious. The United States was the main supplier of Ukraine’s heavy munitions, and Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are running out of their heaviest weapons."

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine.

No shit, David Axe from Forbes is fucking AIDS!!!

In other news, I dont want to post the videos but Russian Commanders had two open ranks troop inspections within range of HIMARS...twice.

65+ dead in the open, it's fucking brutal.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Who is in charge of security there?  Col. Klinkski & Sgt. Shultzov?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Oooof... Someone is heading to the gulag
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I really hope our military is paying attention.  

Supply lines will get wrecked in the next go round.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"But if the Ukrainians could locate a warehouse complex full of tanks 10 miles behind the front line, why not strike it with much heavier weapons than drones—artillery, rockets, even glide-bombs—and guarantee the instantaneous destruction of the entire complex?

The answer is obvious. The United States was the main supplier of Ukraine’s heavy munitions, and Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are running out of their heaviest weapons."

View Quote

Yeah, that doesn’t follow at all to me.

Maybe they were using this as a testbed for new range capabilities. Maybe they wanted the PR value of destroying that target with a glorified toy. Maybe they were flying a random sortie looking for targets and came across this.

… or maybe they’d just rather use cheap and plentiful weapons wherever possible. If that attack had failed, it’s not like they couldn’t follow it up with artillery if necessary.

Of course, none of those reasons would give that journalist the opportunity to call Republicans “Russia-aligned” and insinuate that Ukraine is on the brink of collapse due to lack of munitions and funding.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

And by that you mean executed, right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

So NOT supporting giving insane amounts of money to Ukraine is now Russian alignment?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Garand Thumb had some guys on recently who have spent time fighting in Ukraine and they had some interesting observations about drone usage.   The racing FPV drones are super fast and maneuverable to the point they can fly them in open tank hatches and through windows.

They will use larger Mavic-style drones with good cameras to hover and observe then direct the racer drones where to attack.  These are small super fast drones with attached payload capable of destroying pretty much anything if they get inside it.  Leaving the door open for one (or more) of these to get in is a pretty big oops.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bullet is probably better than the gulags...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Garand Thumb had some guys on recently who have spent time fighting in Ukraine and they had some interesting observations about drone usage.   The racing FPV drones are super fast and maneuverable to the point they can fly them in open tank hatches and through windows.

They will use larger Mavic-style drones with good cameras to hover and observe then direct the racer drones where to attack.  These are small super fast drones with attached payload capable of destroying pretty much anything if they get inside it.  Leaving the door open for one (or more) of these to get in is a pretty big oops.
View Quote

Yep. I (and several others here) fly FPV. The hobby is basically broken up into two parallel pursuits: racing and freestyle.

Racing is all about controlled movements and maintaining speed. It’s really crazy to watch, as the racers have had a chance to see the track and sometimes pre-run it - they’ve pre-planned every movement in their heads, and do everything they can to keep their speed up. Because batteries are a significant portion of the gross weight, they run the smallest batteries they can and still finish the course. A good race is one where you can’t take off again after crossing the finish line.

Freestyle is almost the opposite - big, chunky drones with big, chunky batteries. This is what I fly. I top-mount my batteries so I can slam the bottom of the quad against metal roofs, and the frames I use are probably 3x thicker than what I’d use if I were racing. They can take one hell of a beating, too.

The fastest I’ve clocked my favorite 5” is 99MPH. On an unrelated note, the FAA limits drone speed to 99MPH. I will say that I can sustain that 99MPH at much less than 50% throttle, though. Theoretical maximum speed in the configuration I fly (with a chunky battery) is around 150-175 MPH.

Bear in mind, to this point we’re talking about quadcopters, which are well-suited to agility over speed or endurance. In the context of what’s happening in Ukraine, I’d want a mix of short-range FPV quadcopters and long-range fixed-wings. It’s trivial to set up a fixed wing to loiter for hours, with zero dependency on radio communications to receive instructions from the ground. That requires large, straight wings. If you instead used shorter, swept wings, you can get them up to some truly insane speeds - to the point that your limiting factor is going to be the rigidity of your airframe and deflection torque of your control surfaces to allow you to pull out of a dive. While I’ve not personally seen or flown a supersonic fixed-wing, I’m not aware of anything that would prevent such a beast from being built if that were your goal.

For ~$2.5k, you can get a jet engine on AliExpress that will run on kerosene. It weights 1.5kg and can provide 19kg of thrust…
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
 I thought we should get the hell out of Afghanistan.  Does that make me "Taliban-aligned"?  
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
not sure what you can really expect them to do.. looks like temporary shelters.

Article also mentions the drones as having increased their range.. Ruskies probably thought they were safe
View Quote

Hard to tell with the res of the video.  Not sure there are doors on those doorways.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:06:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice Zombie cover song!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Forbes
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]
And Republicans in congress swear Russia is an immediate threat to the US.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

In other news, I dont want to post the videos but Russian Commanders had two open ranks troop inspections within range of HIMARS...twice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

With no blood. No bodies in pieces.
but you believe what you want.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speaker of the house Johnson accepted donations from a company owned in majority by Russians.

Kind of hard to dispute that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ummmm

About that….

Note: this is a drone video of the strikes done via m31a1 rounds.

Barely missed the general too
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Little bit of bias in that article. Also crazy that a small drone can take out a tank.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The answer is obvious. The United States was the main supplier of Ukraine's heavy munitions, and Russia-aligned Republicans in the U.S. Congress since October have refused to vote on fresh aid to Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are running out of their heaviest weapons

Does this mean that the ARFCOMMERs who label everyone who is against further Ukrainian aid "Putin cocksuckers" is being influenced by the MSM propaganda such as this article?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
 I thought we should get the hell out of Afghanistan.  Does that make me "Taliban-aligned"?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we are whatever kind of "cocksucking traitor" the Left and their ARFCOM friends want to label us........all we are guilty of is opposing THEM.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy propaganda article!

Not surprising from Forbes. They are a Democrat and left leaning source, and more aid for Ukraine is predominantly a Democrat supported position.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Holy propaganda article!

Not surprising from Forbes. They are a Democrat and left leaning source, and more aid for Ukraine is predominantly a Democrat supported position.
View Quote

I know it’s rough but about 30 million dollars (somewhere around a trillion rubles, you know) in Russian armor assets went up in smoke due to a handful of FPV drones. T80BVM, brem1, and several other vehicles. Gone.

And entire repair base geolocated here:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hard to tell with the res of the video.  Not sure there are doors on those doorways.
View Quote

And the walls didn't go down to the floor, either. So I'm guessing those were shelters, not barns/warehouses. The drones could have flown under the walls, it looks like there was about 4 ft to get through.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you see the video of those rounds detonating 50 feet above their heads and knocking them flat...I find it believable.

How about we wait and see who's right?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ummmm

About that….

Note: this is a drone video of the strikes done via m31a1 rounds.

Barely missed the general too
View Quote

*crickets*
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:19:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I know it’s rough but about 30 million dollars (somewhere around a trillion rubles, you know) in Russian armor assets went up in smoke due to a handful of FPV drones. T80BVM, brem1, and several other vehicles. Gone.

And entire repair base geolocated here:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51435/IMG_1090_jpeg-3137069.JPG

View Quote

You post like I care. Orcs fighting orcs, not my countrymen

You seem to care a lot, though. I wonder why that is.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

*crickets*
View Quote

There were 3-4 such sites hit in the last 72 hours.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fucking “journalists”
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Holy propaganda article!

View Quote

They are and it is.

But, this war has been a very valuable lesson to the world that Russia isn't shit, it's weapons are garbage, it's not a super power and except for Iran and NK, Russia has no real allies, and only Africa will be it's future customers.

The world order has rearranged itself and Russia has fallen from #2 to battling Ukraine for whatever it's place is, in the world, like #25?

As a Right leaning person this is a position I am good with, that puts us way ahead of where we thought we were and NATO has at least one new major addition with one on the way.

This is good for us, at the moment.

ETA: I think China is also questioning its ability to be able to invade Taiwan.  A huge portion of China's military is directly copied from Russian designs as well as shared industrial secrets.  I would venture to guess 90%+ of China's Air Force and Naval aircraft are Russian bootleg designs.  If Russia's AF is performing this poorly against Patriots, Stingers and other Western SAMs, how is China's going to perform?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:32:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You post like I care. Orcs fighting orcs, not my countrymen

You seem to care a lot, though. I wonder why that is.
View Quote

You care enough to get involved in every single Ukraine thread so I have my own thoughts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nice Zombie cover song!
View Quote

Yea, much better than I would have expected. I assume it's in Ukranian.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:38:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent point. Our soldiers should get out of both Ukraine and Russia. Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You care enough to get involved in every single Ukraine thread so I have my own thoughts.
View Quote

fadedsun throws a haymaker off the ropes, the crowd goes wild!

I don't know Dan, this fight is anything but over, I expect the fans are gonna get a real show tonight!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They are and it is.

But, this war has been a very valuable lesson to the world that Russia isn't shit, it's weapons are garbage, it's not a super power and except for Iran and NK, Russia has no real allies, and only Africa will be it's future customers.

The world order has rearranged itself and Russia has fallen from #2 to battling Ukraine for whatever it's place is, in the world, like #25?

As a Right leaning person this is a position I am good with, that puts us way ahead of where we thought we were and NATO has at least one new major addition with one on the way.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy propaganda article!

They are and it is.

We lost to Afghanistan, so where does that rank us?

US military will be just as blinded by the toy drones with bombs strapped to them lickitey quick.

How long before the cartel starts doing this shit in CONUS?

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

fadedsun throws a haymaker off the ropes, the crowd goes wild!

I don't know Dan, this fight is anything but over.
View Quote

Nothing is over  

Rambo First Blood - NOTHING IS OVER!!

Side note: I suck at boxing.

That’s why I always took folks to the ground and went from there. It’s not that I’m better, I just suck less
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:41:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Russia so stupid.

Ukraine so smart.

Our leaders are sound of mind.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, that’s just not true and appears to be a figment of your imagination. Plenty of Ukrainista articles that I pass on that aren’t worth my time. This comment appears to be projection, because you do post in every Ukraine thread or Russia thread, so I have my suspicions. Have a lovely evening!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top