BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OMG, who gives a shit! You guys (the cult) keep trying to justify the fleecing of America to support a lost cause that's none of our business while we have invaders attacking our military on our border!
View Quote

Nothing is going to be done about the southern boarder by the current administration. We could send $0 to Ukraine and that would not change that. The two problems are separate.

On the lost cause point:
The US has scored some very big larger picture wins.
1) Finland in NATO
2) Sweden in NATO
3) Europe waking up to the need they need to defend themselves.

The shattering of "The End of History" and Kekkonen's peace has awoken the Europeans to the need to defend themselves.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Russian is wearing 5.11 gear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Russian is wearing 5.11 gear.

lol 5.11 gear is used a lot by Russians in this war. I'd guess since 5.11 is a world wide distributor of tactical clothing, it makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Russia has a Debt to GDP ratio of 17.20 percent as of 2023, we have a debt-to GDP ratio of approximately 128.13%.
View Quote

I owe 700k on my residence and two rentals, and that's substantially more than I make per year.
One of my tenants makes 30k/year and owes only 5k on a shitbox he got from one of those buy here/pay here places.

See any similarity?

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good luck getting the men and equipment for it.

They are currently using the Chinese desert cross golf carts due to shortages of armored vehicles.

Snogorider thread
View Quote

Everyone is always so quick to point out how much more populated Russia is compared to Ukraine. And while that's certainly true, 2024 Russia is not 1944/45 Soviet Union (in virtually all aspects, including production capacity and equipping armies for combat effectiveness).

They may have more men, but they're sure as shit not pumping out the weapons and equipment they need to bring this war to an end.

They need about 25x more artillery, tanks, and other heavy weapons, otherwise this is just going to be a war of attrition that lasts another 10 years. More bodies aren't breaking through minefields, artillery, and entrenched Ukrainian positions. Certainly not quickly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#6]
The one with the rifle shoots! The one without, follows him! When the one with the rifle gets killed, the one who is following picks up the rifle and shoots!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Everyone is always so quick to point out how much more populated Russia is compared to Ukraine. And while that's certainly true, 2024 Russia is not 1944/45 Soviet Union (in virtually all aspects, including production capacity and equipping armies for combat effectiveness).

They may have more men, but they're sure as shit not pumping out the weapons and equipment they need to bring this war to an end.

They need about 25x more artillery, tanks, and other heavy weapons, otherwise this is just going to be a war of attrition that lasts another 10 years. More bodies aren't breaking through minefields, artillery, and entrenched Ukrainian positions. Certainly not quickly.
View Quote

The NATO countries of Europe are much more populous and have much stronger economies than Russia. This whole thing has scared them into action which I see as an absolute win.
That's even what Trump said he wanted. Western Europe meeting spending commitments. Yet I've been shocked to see on ARF the idea that Western Europe arming up for defense is a bad thing and provocative towards Russia.
A Europe independent and able to provide for their own defense has been a long-standing conservative desire. Why are we against it now?

Edit to add not saying that is your position wayfaerer320, just your comment around population spurred it mind.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

lol 5.11 gear is used a lot by Russians in this war. I'd guess since 5.11 is a world wide distributor of tactical clothing, it makes sense.
View Quote

5.11 is the new Adidas
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Russia watched us spend trillions in GWOT.

We might as well watch the Texas GDP sized Russia do the same
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to give Ukraine long range missiles to take out those bombers and airfields.

Why?

At this point, I would say just so that you can bitch about it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The NATO countries of Europe are much more populous and have much stronger economies than Russia. This whole thing has scared them into action which I see as an absolute win.
That's even what Trump said he wanted. Western Europe meeting spending commitments. Yet I've been shocked to see on ARF the idea that Western Europe arming up for defense is a bad thing and provocative towards Russia.
A Europe independent and able to provide for their own defense has been a long-standing conservative desire. Why are we against it now?

Edit to add not saying that is your position wayfaerer320, just your comment around population spurred it mind.
View Quote

There are members that are anti west and pro Russia. More than a few actually.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Russia has been launching cruise missiles, drones, and others into Ukraine since the war started.

How has that broken the civilian resolve and how is this any different than any other time Russia has launched a missile tantrum to the expense of the Ukrainian civilians and Russian lower class?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is getting their ASSES HAMMERED TONIGHT?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/17710118842814669840[/tweet]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJPngY8WwAALrhX?format=jpg&name=large

Russia has been launching cruise missiles, drones, and others into Ukraine since the war started.

How has that broken the civilian resolve and how is this any different than any other time Russia has launched a missile tantrum to the expense of the Ukrainian civilians and Russian lower class?

That's why Russia needs to nuke a few cities and save lives and infrastructure. It was our exact rational for Japan.

I just want the endless dribble of both countries out of my news feed.

It's so bad the war effort isn't even on the national news other than what money we give them.

Nobody cares.....
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now you are conflating the Patriots and interceptors with the long range munitions the Ukrainians are begging to take out the airfields. Sounds like one possible answer to why you're the only one calling yourself a smart ass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You cut off the smartass smiley.  I wonder why.

Guys with foresight advocate taking out Russia's bombers and airfields.  Wasting this opportunity is silly.
Now you are conflating the Patriots and interceptors with the long range munitions the Ukrainians are begging to take out the airfields. Sounds like one possible answer to why you're the only one calling yourself a smart ass
Conflating Patriots and interceptors?  I don't understand what you're trying to say.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The one with the rifle shoots! The one without, follows him! When the one with the rifle gets killed, the one who is following picks up the rifle and shoots!

View Quote

Enemy at the Gates Soviet Charge Scene (High Quality)
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Name the other war where you would have advised the country that was invaded to surrender to the genocidal country that attacked and invaded them?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Wait, he posts something factual and your rebuttal is to call him a Democrat Ukebro?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How has that broken the civilian resolve?

Democrat UKBro.

Wait, he posts something factual and your rebuttal is to call him a Democrat Ukebro?

That seems to be how the game is played here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Name the other war where you would have advised the country that was invaded to surrender to the genocidal country that attacked and invaded them?
View Quote

Yeah I don't get that either. It's one thing to be against the US sending aid,it's another to say that Ukraines best course of action is to surrender to Russia and put themselves at the mercy of the Russian army. I can't imagine a more horrifying proposition than people I care about being at the mercy of Russians. I think I would rather go Masada first.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
New brigade out fitted with these bad boys Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That seems to be how the game is played here.
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The prediction by spaghetti about the impending Ukrainian defeat didn’t happen.

Want to make a prediction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting ready for the spring offensive. Russia must strongly feel that they have the Ukes over a barrel. With Lindsey having to go over there and tell them to get off their asses and save their own country, their morale must be pretty low. Sounds like the war will be over by summer.

The prediction by spaghetti about the impending Ukrainian defeat didn’t happen.

Want to make a prediction?

I predict that our “elected” officials will make a shit ton of money by passing another gravy train Ukraine war and Zelensky yacht funding bill.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

And the funny part is, many of them like to go around calling others commies.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He who smelt it dealt it!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Putin really needs to die. He is purposefully waging war on civilians.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah I don't get that either. It's one thing to be against the US sending aid,it's another to say that Ukraines best course of action is to surrender to Russia and put themselves at the mercy of the Russian army. I can't imagine a more horrifying proposition than people I care about being at the mercy of Russians. I think I would rather go Masada first.
View Quote
I have really seen a marked shift in this over the past 2 or 3 months here. A year ago I could buy a lot of people were just against sending aid cause it cost us $$$, but now a whole lot more posters are either gloating in Ukraines troubles to outright rooting for their defeat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's why Russia needs to nuke a few cities and save lives and infrastructure. It was our exact rational for Japan.

It's so bad the war effort isn't even on the national news other than what money we give them.

Nobody cares.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is getting their ASSES HAMMERED TONIGHT?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/17710118842814669840[/tweet]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJPngY8WwAALrhX?format=jpg&name=large

Nobody cares.....

Except it was Japan who started the war and we ended it.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol Russian Volksturm.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Enemy at the gate; One out of tow gets a rifle, one without follows him
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have really seen a marked shift in this over the past 2 or 3 months here. A year ago I could buy a lot of people were just against sending aid cause it cost us $$$, but now a whole lot more posters are either gloating in Ukraines troubles to outright rooting for their defeat.
View Quote

Maybe they are mad about sending aid and holding it against Ukraine? Hard to believe there are more than a tiny handful of actual Russian fans here.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Population in Russia is around 140 million.

Russia could lose one million a year and fight 20-50 years or more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

quantity has a quality all of it's own.

like I said before....let me know when Russia admits to having 500,000 causalities then they may start to think about doing somthing else.
Population in Russia is around 140 million.

Russia could lose one million a year and fight 20-50 years or more.

Russia has about 20 million military aged males.  In the whole country.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But can they equip, train and support them in the field?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno, I was responding to someone who said Russia could keep this up because they had 140 million people.  I was pointing out only 20 million of those are military aged males.  And as a practical matter, you can't commit ALL your young men to the military unless it's a matter of survival or your entire society will collapse.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We need to give Ukraine long range missiles to take out those bombers and airfields.
View Quote

Yea let's escalate this shit until nato countries can get in the fight. What could go wrong
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too soon?

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Russia has a Debt to GDP ratio of 17.20 percent as of 2023, we have a debt-to GDP ratio of approximately 128.13%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah sounds like the death nail for Ukraine.

But on the other hand Russia will probably collapse again from the new financial burden.

Stop with facts this is gd
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too soon?

https://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/20130429__native_american_billboard_gun_rights_coloradop1-1.jpg?w=600

Only problems with that analogy are 1) that the Indians were multiple nations, not just one, and 2) surrendering didn't help them.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So R0N and daemon stop whinging about the expenditure of Patriots and other interceptors.  

No, the way to get someone like Putin to the table is to leave him no other way out.
View Quote

Snip
No, the way to get someone like Putin to the table is to leave him no other way out.

So you think that will bring him to the table ?  No other options for him?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe they are mad about sending aid and holding it against Ukraine? Hard to believe there are more than a tiny handful of actual Russian fans here.
View Quote
That's probably accurate, but I am noticing a lot more "delight" in Ukraines hardships.

I remember specifically reading a post by a member I respected that was "hoping for Ukraines demise" now. I just am seeing more stuff akin to that here recently, and it's probably a symptom of Ukraine fatigue.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Whoah there, dude.  Keep your evening activities to yourself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:18:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Once Selective Service conscripts a real army of American men, 18-25, and ships them to the European front, we'll push their shit in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That's probably accurate, but I am noticing a lot more "delight" in Ukraines hardships.

I remember specifically reading a post by a member I respected that was "hoping for Ukraines demise" now. I just am seeing more stuff akin to that here recently, and it's probably a symptom of Ukraine fatigue.
View Quote

I hope so. Ukraine is clearly the victim of Russian aggression here. The point can be made its not our fight, but you have to acknowledge this is all Russias fault.

It's weird, because Americans usually root for the underdog?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Whoah there, dude.  Keep your evening activities to yourself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I dunno, I was responding to someone who said Russia could keep this up because they had 140 million people.  I was pointing out only 20 million of those are military aged males.  And as a practical matter, you can't commit ALL your young men to the military unless it's a matter of survival or your entire society will collapse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, no one will care if 5 million or so are taken out of the equation. By death, disease, injury or even immigration. Its not like you need military aged men to run an economy.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Once Selective Service conscripts a real army of American men, 18-25, and ships them to the European front, we'll push their shit in.
View Quote

Never going to happen. Short of extra terrestrial invasion, the US will never have another draft, if our existence is threatened that much we have nuclear weapons.

US cities would be burned and torn apart, any politicians that advocated for a draft would be torn apart.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Never going to happen. Short of extra terrestrial invasion, the US will never have another draft, if our existence is threatened that much we have nuclear weapons.

US cities would be burned and torn apart, any politicians that advocated for a draft would be torn apart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Halfway there already.

"Federal Law requires nearly all male US citizens and male immigrants, 18 through 25, register with Selective Service."

The immigrants will get Jody duty. You go to the front.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good luck getting the men and equipment for it.

They are currently using the Chinese desert cross golf carts due to shortages of armored vehicles.

Snogorider thread
View Quote

Rifles will be available shortly…
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I hope so. Ukraine is clearly the victim of Russian aggression here. The point can be made its not our fight, but you have to acknowledge this is all Russias fault.

It's weird, because Americans usually root for the underdog?
View Quote
I don't think blindly rooting for the underdog is necessarily right because a lot of bad dudes could also be the underdog. I know what you are trying to say tho....I'm just not sure how to accurately phrase it....

I knew in Feb 2022 when there was wide bipartisan support for supporting Ukraine's plight, this would transform into a hot-button partisan issue. When this happens, logic and consistency with previously held positions aren't always upheld. And I get it too, that our government isn't trust worthy at all, and every government in the world is corrupt, people hate Biden and Zelenskyy....I get it, but I don't wish damnation on Americans because our president is a doddering fool, but for many most here Zelenskyy is Ukraine. They can't separate the two.  

A lot of people said "I feel for the Ukrainians but we can't send money" and that's a perfectly acceptable position. "I'm rooting for Ukraine's demise"....is...is sad to see here.
Page / 6
Top Top