BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:57:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]

I have heard that quantity is a quality of its own.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

SONS-OF-BITCHES
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Video from inside the store.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOgUBJSWAAAWU9i?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfNtaHXgAAkVC1?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfNta5XcAAmyvh?format=jpg&name=medium

SONS-OF-BITCHES

Events like this should help precipitate a change in U.S. policy.

Britain and Sweden have given Ukraine the green light to start using their weapons on Russian soil. I feel it's time we do the same.

If Biden were to send Antony Blinken to meet with Lavarov and explain that for every Kinzal or other missile sent into Ukraine from Russian soil, we would now allow Ukraine to retaliate with Tomahawks, I feel it wouldn't take long before this murderous behavior would ramp down.

Power stations outside St. Petersburg and Moscow. Oil refineries deep in Russia. LPG facilities, etc.

This wanton and deliberate effort to target civilians must stop.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

Britain and Sweden have given Ukraine the green light to start using their weapons on Russian soil. I feel it's time we do the same.

If Biden were to send Antony Blinken to meet with Lavarov and explain that for every Kinzal or other missile sent into Ukraine from Russian soil, we would now allow Ukraine to retaliate with Tomahawks, I feel it wouldn't take long before this murderous behavior would ramp down.

Power stations outside St. Petersburg and Moscow. Oil refineries deep in Russia. LPG facilities, etc.

View Quote

I'd vote to let the leash off.

Nothing says fuck around and find out like mass casualties.

Russia doesn't give a fuck so it shouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

Holy fuck!
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Video from inside the store.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOgUBJSWAAAWU9i?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfNtaHXgAAkVC1?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOfNta5XcAAmyvh?format=jpg&name=medium

SONS-OF-BITCHES

I thought so a long time ago, but we’re doing what we plan (or choose) to do on our timetable (or whim).
I still stand behind my long-time thesis, but there are costs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you have to remember -- as others have mentioned they have been at war for over 2 years.  tens of thousands -- like you -- have already volunteered.  

now they are having to find the others -- who for a variety of reasons -- have not

its easy to say some are 'draft dodgers' -- but many have businesses -- unique jobs / difficult to replace civilian skills.  family issues.  legal issues.  health issues.  etc.

its a tough situation but they are addressing it
View Quote

Maybe true. But under Russian occupation, assuming they survive, how will they use their special jobs, businesses, etc? Not saying firefighters and single fathers taking care of kids should join up but it seems like the majority of men in Ukraine have better things to do then fight for their country. This is not a criticism of Ukraine but most likely a reality of 21st century men in the 2nd and 1st world. I bet finding men to risk their lives for their country would be even harder here in the USA and much worse in Western Europe.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

View All Quotes

Thing is, we wouldn't even have to say open season. Even if we told Ukraine to only target legit military targets (which would include refineries and the like), giving them the means to do so would cause Russia to re-think their strategy immediately. All we'd have to say is that Ukraine was going to have the ability to hit them anyway so we just enabled them to be able to faster. No escalation, you see.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#16]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Maybe true. But under Russian occupation, assuming they survive, how will they use their special jobs, businesses, etc? Not saying firefighters and single fathers taking care of kids should join up but it seems like the majority of men in Ukraine have better things to do then fight for their country. This is not a criticism of Ukraine but most likely a reality of 21st century men in the 2nd and 1st world. I bet finding men to risk their lives for their country would be even harder here in the USA and much worse in Western Europe.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

you have to remember -- as others have mentioned they have been at war for over 2 years.  tens of thousands -- like you -- have already volunteered.  

now they are having to find the others -- who for a variety of reasons -- have not

its easy to say some are 'draft dodgers' -- but many have businesses -- unique jobs / difficult to replace civilian skills.  family issues.  legal issues.  health issues.  etc.

its a tough situation but they are addressing it

Ukrainian men have been in combat for 10 years.

Men know they will be rotated eventually and aren’t fleeing. Those who are still in Ukraine aren’t afraid of fighting,

Russian shills here in GD will talk about them snatching up draft dodgers like it’s something every country, including the U.S. doesn’t do with their cowards.

This same cowards have had 10yrs to emigrate to prosperous Russia.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOhVTs6WAAA8ca2?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOhVTstWYAAoECk?format=jpg&name=medium

I have heard that quantity is a quality of its own.
View Quote

Good rant.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Nothing says fuck around and find out like mass casualties losing high-end stuff they can’t replace.

View All Quotes

Nothing says fuck around and find out like mass casualties losing high-end stuff they can’t replace.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]

@AlmightyTallest

Quoting back to PRIME’S post about the Vorozeh OTH radar hit last week.  Note the system coverage diagram.  The radar reportedly just hit is the one in Orsk - the other OTH radar which covers Iran.
I’ll go on record making the call that Ukraine is doing Israel a quid-pro-quo favor: destroy the Russian OTH radars theoretically capable of detecting F-35s striking Iran.  Ergo, a full strike on Iran’s nuclear program is impending and possibly imminent.
Israel has successfully extended the combat radius of its F-35s (see links below) and has some aerial refueling capability.  Un-refueled radius is likely to be around 850 miles.  This is sufficient for strikes anywhere in Iran.  It’s also sufficient to fly to Ukraine un-refueled - 900 miles from Tel Aviv to Odesa.

I’ll dive a bit into extrapolation.
I take it as fact that Russia assisted Iran/Hamas’ attack on Israel, and that a defacto alliance exists between Russia and Iran.  This means that an attack on Iran, which Israel sees as necessary and existential, could bring about a state of war or “conflict short of war” with Russia.  Therefore, in going down that path, Israel also needs to think about its deterrent ability vis-a-vis Russia.
Israel’s latest Jericho nuclear IRBMs can reach targets in Russia that matter - again, dovetailing with Ukraine’s destruction of the OTH radars pointing towards Israel.  Additionally, F-35s can reach Ukraine from Israel and from there, could range throughout most of southern Russia at will with either nuclear bombs, or wreaking pure havoc with guided munitions.
Ukraine for its cooperation makes Russia’s strategic situation much, much worse, and possibly gets access to a proxy nuclear deterrent force in Israeli F-35s with nukes.

Article about Israel’s development of LR fuel tanks for the F-35.

Says Israel has succeeded.
View Quote

There is ZERO CHANCE that the Xiden Admin will allow Israel to attack it's allies in Iran.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#22]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOibbPoWgAAJvtO?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOibbPkXsAAUYha?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Most of those guys look like they will do well. I hope all of them take the opportunity to go from convict to patriot. Maybe a few Trench Predators in there...
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:04:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

Men know they will be rotated eventually and aren’t fleeing. Those who are still in Ukraine aren’t afraid of fighting,

Russian shills here in GD will talk about them snatching up draft dodgers like it’s something every country, including the U.S. doesn’t do with their cowards.

View Quote

I know. Every man in the UA is a HERO. Many have been fighting since 2014. Anyone who hasnt served yet because they feel they have some special civilian job etc needs to step up now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#25]

There is ZERO CHANCE that the Xiden Admin will allow Israel to attack it's allies in Iran.
View All Quotes

@AlmightyTallest

Quoting back to PRIME’S post about the Vorozeh OTH radar hit last week.  Note the system coverage diagram.  The radar reportedly just hit is the one in Orsk - the other OTH radar which covers Iran.
I’ll go on record making the call that Ukraine is doing Israel a quid-pro-quo favor: destroy the Russian OTH radars theoretically capable of detecting F-35s striking Iran.  Ergo, a full strike on Iran’s nuclear program is impending and possibly imminent.
Israel has successfully extended the combat radius of its F-35s (see links below) and has some aerial refueling capability.  Un-refueled radius is likely to be around 850 miles.  This is sufficient for strikes anywhere in Iran.  It’s also sufficient to fly to Ukraine un-refueled - 900 miles from Tel Aviv to Odesa.

I’ll dive a bit into extrapolation.
I take it as fact that Russia assisted Iran/Hamas’ attack on Israel, and that a defacto alliance exists between Russia and Iran.  This means that an attack on Iran, which Israel sees as necessary and existential, could bring about a state of war or “conflict short of war” with Russia.  Therefore, in going down that path, Israel also needs to think about its deterrent ability vis-a-vis Russia.
Israel’s latest Jericho nuclear IRBMs can reach targets in Russia that matter - again, dovetailing with Ukraine’s destruction of the OTH radars pointing towards Israel.  Additionally, F-35s can reach Ukraine from Israel and from there, could range throughout most of southern Russia at will with either nuclear bombs, or wreaking pure havoc with guided munitions.
Ukraine for its cooperation makes Russia’s strategic situation much, much worse, and possibly gets access to a proxy nuclear deterrent force in Israeli F-35s with nukes.

Article about Israel’s development of LR fuel tanks for the F-35.

Says Israel has succeeded.

Whatever the reason (intent or incompetence) the Biden admin has repeatedly shown themselves to issue orders to friendlies that they won’t enforce.  They tried to prevent any attack on Gaza at all.  That failed.  Then they demanded Israel not attack Raffa.  That failed.  They demanded Ukraine not attack refineries.  That at least partly failed.  They look like fools.
Everyone knows that Iran is driving for the bomb and their mutual alliance with Russia makes them more dangerous than ever.  Israel WILL ACT and they won’t ask permission.
Ukraine’s position and their mutual interest make this a mutually beneficial relationship for them.  Ukraine has plausible deniability too.  After all, they need to protect the western investment in F16s and those OTH radars are dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
Taiwan

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#27]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOjRDlwWsAArXNI?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
View Quote

Taiwan needs to shoot down a PLA aircraft or put a harpoon into one of the ships.

China will double up unless popped in the nose.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Taiwan needs to shoot down a PLA aircraft or put a harpoon into one of the ships.

View All Quotes

That would be terribly unwise to do and would give the CCP the excuse they need to take the island and for leftists/moderates to look away while they do it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:

That would be terribly unwise to do and would give the CCP the excuse they need to take the island and for leftists/moderates to look away while they do it.
View All Quotes

China already said they are going to take the island.

Excuse? Why would they need an excuse?

They are trying to normalize them squeezing Taiwan and don’t think Taiwan will do anything.

It would certainly be a surprise in the event they aren’t immediately ready to loose tens of thousands of Chicom marines quickly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:10:12 AM EDT
[#30]

They are trying to normalize them squeezing Taiwan and don't think Taiwan will do anything.

It would certainly be a surprise in the event they aren't immediately ready to loose tens of thousands of Chicom marines quickly.
View All Quotes

They are trying to normalize them squeezing Taiwan and don't think Taiwan will do anything.

It would certainly be a surprise in the event they aren't immediately ready to loose tens of thousands of Chicom marines quickly.

It would be a surprise, a stupid one that would draw us into immediate conflict with the CCP with the worst POTUS/administration ever to take power "leading" us. A surefire disaster of epic, mindboggling casualty causing proportions. Let the CCP have their little temper tantrum of an exercise, it's all for internal propaganda anyway.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#31]

It would be a surprise, a stupid one that would draw us into immediate conflict with the CCP with the worst POTUS/administration ever to take power "leading" us. A surefire disaster of epic, mindboggling casualty causing proportions. Let the CCP have their little temper tantrum of an exercise, it's all for internal propaganda anyway.
View All Quotes

All Taiwan has to do is pop an aircraft or ship that crosses the line. You warn, you warn again, if they come into your space, you sink/shoot the bastards. The Chicoms aren't stupid, though. They know where the line is and they stay on their side of it. For now. These exercises are practice for the real thing. They hope by doing these on the regular, they can lull the Taiwanese into complacency, making them vulnerable for when ChinaIsAsshoe decides to actually strike.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

All Taiwan has to do is pop an aircraft or ship that crosses the line. You warn, you warn again, if they come into your space, you sink/shoot the bastards. The Chicoms aren't stupid, though. They know where the line is and they stay on their side of it. For now. These exercises are practice for the real thing. They hope by doing these on the regular, they can lull the Taiwanese into complacency, making them vulnerable for when ChinaIsAsshoe decides to actually strike.
View Quote

All exercises are practices for the real thing and striking a Chinese asset has very real strategic consequences for Taiwan and the US.

I know this is GD but
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:35:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#33]
⏺Flight of at least two enemy UAVs in the area of ​​the settlement. Ponyri Kursk region

Destination: Oryol region

https://t.me/war_territory/1630

⚡️In Livny, Oryol region, an oil depot was previously attacked.
At this moment, there is no information about the consequences or the downing.

https://t.me/war_territory/1633

⚡️In Livny, Oryol region, a gas station located next to an oil depot was damaged.
Let us recall that earlier enemy UAVs were spotted over the territory of the Kursk region, moving in the direction of the Oryol region.
There is no official information.

https://t.me/war_territory/1634

❗️This morning, during another massive attack on the Oryol region, a UAV fell on the territory of a fuel station in the city of Livny. Part of the façade of the administrative building was damaged; emergency services and the city administration immediately arrived to localize and eliminate the consequences. While they were working on the territory of the gas station, another UAV crashed.

According to preliminary data, unfortunately, the driver of the 8th regional fire department died as a result of the incident. Three more service employees were injured. Operational and law enforcement agencies continue to work at the scene of the incident and take the necessary measures.

https://t.me/Klychkov_Andrey/3638

Photo of a gas station affected by drones in the city of Livna, Oryol region

Upd: according to Russian sources, two gas stations 250 meters apart in Livni were hit - Rosneft gas station and Nord Gaz gas station

🫡
https://t.me/operativnoZSU/146835

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:36:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#34]
???????. ?????. ???? 823. ?????????????

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:47:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]
Israel/Gaza

🔴Eliminated in the precise airstrike in northwest Rafah: Hamas Chief of Staff in Judea and Samaria and an additional senior Hamas official.

Terrorist #1: Yassin Rabia

Rabia managed the entirety of Hamas' terrorist activity in Judea and Samaria, transferred funds to terrorist targets and planned Hamas terrorist attacks throughout Judea and Samaria. He also carried out numerous attacks, in which IDF soldiers were killed.  

Terrorist #2: Khaled Nagar

Nagar, a senior official in Hamas’ Judea and Samaria Headquarters, directed shooting attacks and other terrorist activities in Judea and Samaria and transferred funds intended for Hamas’ terrorist activities in Gaza. He also carried out several deadly terrorist attacks in which IDF soldiers were killed.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:36:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Forbes read the inscription on the Russian tank-turtle "Gromozek" as "Homosek" and wrote in the article in English:

"One infamous turtle tank "Homosexualist"" 👀

https://t.me/ukrcadet/16751

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#37]

All exercises are practices for the real thing and striking a Chinese asset has very real strategic consequences for Taiwan and the US.

I know this is GD but
View All Quotes

I know this is GD but

War with China is coming.  The question is what terms it comes under.  Do we let them continue what’s happening right now towards its obvious conclusion - real attack at some point - while scratching out heads and guaranteeing we’re caught with our pants down?
If we want to prevent the war we need resolute and drastic action NOW.  As in an ultimatum via the USN and USAF that another such exercise will be taken as a hostile act.  As in stationing air defense and theater nuclear weapons on Taiwan.
Neither one of those is likely to come from either administration we end up with in November.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#38]
💥 Kharkiv region - under fire from the KAB

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/90753

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#39]
Ostensibly an effort to stamp out military corruption, the Federal Security Service (FSB) is going after high-ranking generals in hopes of pinning the blame for the botched 2022 invasion of Ukraine on the military’s top brass and taking control of the distribution of the army’s vast budget — all with the Kremlin’s tacit approval.

4YO girl killed by Russian missile in Odesa

Two Turtle Tanks Totaled

Burning Russian tank goes KABOOM.  Not sure there was a turret left to toss.

MUCH longer version of Russian bikers mowed down.  This shows the video was shot by Russian drone controllers and that the bikers couldn’t ride for shit.  Also, get this, you can hear Russians including a woman exclaiming when they get smoked, and the controller apparently is telling them over the radio (per comments) “at least get a grenade in the MG nest.”  You know, as they’re bleeding from 20 holes and and burning to death.

Kamikaze direct hits one of two Russians in a culvert, blowing a leg off.  His buddy finishes him off.

Kamikaze (and probably mines) destroys or heavily damages Russian T-90

Hospital in Belgorod

More hospital in Belgorod

Reddit version of the recent K-2 video.  Merciless cleanup of Russians from a failed assault.  NSFW.

Vovchansk in the process of being “liberated”

Video from inside the Kharkiv Epicenter store.

Probably more useful in this mount than in a BMP-1.  Russian but neat!

KS-19 100mm AAA gun being used as artillery by UA unit

Drone video of a massive (probably grad) strike on Chasiv Yar, also some UA artillery on Russian troops

Long video on unit evacuating UA civilians from the front

Drone drop frags 3/4 Russians.  4th nopes out.

White House discussing whether to consider thinking over mooting about the idea of letting Ukraine strike inside Russia.

Series of kamikaze hits on Russian stuff, probably some arty work too.

Kamikaze likely kills a Russian hiding in a tree.  NSFW.

Russian T90 and an IFV destroyed in night attack on Chasiv Yar

Russian POV trying to salvage the sight from their burning gun

UA AGS working over a Russian trench finds something explodey

Kamikaze strikes on Russian positions in Vovchansk

Turtle tank KABOOM

One of the modern 155s working over Russian trenches and a BREM

Kamikaze strikes on Russian mortars and vehicles.

MTLB kamikaze strike from both Russian and kamikaze POVs. Rare.

Kamikaze hits on Russian troops and vehicles, Kharkiv area.

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:15:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Forbes read the inscription on the Russian tank-turtle "Gromozek" as "Homosek" and wrote in the article in English:

"One infamous turtle tank "Homosexualist"" 👀

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOj8FVEXMAACFmn?format=jpg&name=large

https://t.me/ukrcadet/16751

View Quote

Lol. Some kind of space alien. " Big as an elephant and arms like an octopus"

Громозека
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:22:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Wagner Drama

A source from the Cheka-OGPU reported that another PMC commander, Wagner, with the call sign Zombie, known for his conflict with Ramzan Kadyrov’s right-hand man Lord and an interview with Vladimir Solovyov, is agitating for mercenaries to fight under his command as part of the Russian Guard.

The announcement on his behalf states that recruitment is underway for the newly formed separate volunteer reconnaissance assault brigade Vostok. It is expected that this will be the largest unit, consisting of former fighters of the Wagner PMC with a strength of about 3.5 thousand people.

For example: in the Kamerton detachment, which was formed on the basis of the Akhmat special forces, there are up to 1 thousand former “musicians”. About the same number of souls were agitated by commander Ratibor, who went to Akhmat, and commander Lotos, who, after an unsuccessful bravado in the Cossack camps, remained under the wing of the Russian Guard.

The backbone of the East consists of people from the 3rd assault detachment, commanded by Zombie, and the so-called “kashniks” - former prisoners who entered into a contract with PMCs. Recruitment is carried out only from mercenaries who fought under the banner of Wagner.

It turns out that this will be the second group of former “musicians” under the auspices of the Russian Guard, just as two groups were formed on the basis of the Chechen security forces from mercenaries of the Wagner PMC and several other formations in all directions of the world: Akhmat-north, Akhmat- south and so on.

It is noteworthy that Zombie, a Hero of Russia and a five-time holder of the Order of Courage (Wagner, Dmitry Utkin, had six orders), in an interview denied any authority other than PMCs. He stated that none of the fighters from his SHO have signed or intend to sign contracts with the Ministry of Defense.

https://t.me/vchkogpu/48477

Source of the Cheka-OGPU about the latest events with former fighters of the Wagner PMC:

As for recruitment into the RSB "Vostok"... Recruiting 3.5 thousand Wagner fighters is from a series of Zombie wet dreams. Approximately from the same “opera” of the fantasy of Lotus, who, imagining himself to be Napoleon, asked Zolotov for a staff of 40 thousand people, with aviation, armored vehicles and artillery.

The “Tuning Fork” detachment, which was headed by Press, which was structurally part of Akhmat, actually collapsed.  The figure of a thousand people is also a fantasy. At its best, Tuning Fork numbered no more than 150 musicians. And Kamerton’s merits in the person of Commander Press are very, very doubtful. He was a mediocre commander, and the achievements of his unit in Bakhmut are the merit of completely different individuals, who have now formed a new, more successful and effective unit as part of Akhmat-Spetsnaz.   The tuning fork died as a combat unit, and the personnel moved to the new Kashtan unit.

The situation with the fate of the odious commander Ratibor is also incomprehensible! While Shoigu was there, the latter made every effort to prevent a large number of Wagners from uniting as part of Akhmat, and in every possible way prevented the merger. Now Shoigu has “gone”, but the issue with Ratibor is still hanging in the air. And it is also very doubtful that he is able to bring more than 3 thousand people with him.”

https://t.me/vchkogpu/48489

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:41:08 AM EDT
[#42]

I know. Every man in the UA is a HERO. Many have been fighting since 2014. Anyone who hasnt served yet because they feel they have some special civilian job etc needs to step up now.
View All Quotes

It isn't a matter of everyone needing to step up. If the economy collapses, then what?  People have to eat, pay bills, clothe themselves. What happens if the auto parts market collapses? Where will we get parts, have things rebuilt, etc. It's already difficult enough with all the foreign military vehicles in country. Try finding parts for a right hand drive vehicle here, yikes. My father is actually sending me some parts for my vehicle that he ordered from Manila.

If there is no normalcy here, many people will simply lose their shit. We have gone through a lot in over two years of this. I'm amazed I still have my sanity. I'm glad my girl can still buy food, have a roof over her head with utilities, and go buy what she needs at a store. Those insignificant jobs and things people do behind the line enable us to get what we need quickly and reliably. It allows us to work and not worry about family being ok. We need them doing what they do. Are there some guys that should go sign up? Definitely.

The biggest issue with mobilization is paying those new troops, clothing and equipment for them, and the obvious medical care when some eventually winds up injured. Trust me, they are already having problems paying the soldiers we have. We are currently 4 months behind on our combat payments. We still receive our 20000₴ base pay and deployment bonus of 30000₴, but $1300 USD/month doesn't go very far when we pay for fuel, vehicle maintenance, and any equipment/tools we need. Other units are funding drones, vehicles, medical supplies, etc.

Ukraine needs air defense and the ability/ permission to strike inside Russia. If we continue to just "hold the line", yeah more people will die. If society collapses here, even more will perish.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#43]

War with China is coming.  The question is what terms it comes under.  Do we let them continue what's happening right now towards its obvious conclusion - real attack at some point - while scratching out heads and guaranteeing we're caught with our pants down?
If we want to prevent the war we need resolute and drastic action NOW.  As in an ultimatum via the USN and USAF that another such exercise will be taken as a hostile act.  As in stationing air defense and theater nuclear weapons on Taiwan.
Neither one of those is likely to come from either administration we end up with in November.
View All Quotes

I know this is GD but

War with China is coming.  The question is what terms it comes under.  Do we let them continue what's happening right now towards its obvious conclusion - real attack at some point - while scratching out heads and guaranteeing we're caught with our pants down?

The brewing of a war started in 1979 when the US recognized the PRC as the legal government of China. Every single administration since has been kicking the can down the road. I also believe stationing nuclear weapons along with a US trip wire force akin to the one in S. Korea would've been enough to keep the peace but those days are long over and you're right I don't think any administration will have the balls to make such moves.

But for discussion sake, let's just pretend Taiwan shot down two J-16s that violated its airspace. How do you think the PRC would respond? Do people here truly believe they'd allow themselves to lose face by not responding militarily?

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:14:03 AM EDT
[#44]

The brewing of a war started in 1979 when the US recognized the PRC as the legal government of China. Every single administration since has been kicking the can down the road. I also believe stationing nuclear weapons along with a US trip wire force akin to the one in S. Korea would've been enough to keep the peace but those days are long over and you're right I don't think any administration will have the balls to make such moves.

But for discussion sake, let's just pretend Taiwan shot down two J-16s that violated its airspace. How do you think the PRC would respond? Do people here truly believe they'd allow themselves to lose face by not responding militarily?

View All Quotes

I know this is GD but

If Taiwan takes the bait China will attack.
If Taiwan ignores all provocations China will attack eventually anyway.
There is no best choice for Taiwan, unless they can pull nukes and a delivery system out of a hat.
Frankly, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan all need nukes and an IRBM right fucking now.
The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won’t happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 3:51:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#45]

There is no best choice for Taiwan, unless they can pull nukes and a delivery system out of a hat.
Frankly, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan all need nukes and an IRBM right fucking now.
The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won't happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.
View All Quotes

I know this is GD but

The only best choice is as I said, an immediate ultimatum from us, which won't happen due to inertia/greed/cowardice/incompetence.

Considering the constraints, Taiwan's best move is to bide time allowing them and us to improve posture and defenses . Not to mention, the PRC's changing demographics don't do it any favors as time goes on. Regardless, the PRC has to attempt to do the largest amphibious invasion since D-Day except on a far larger scale . I'm not kidding when I'm saying that I don't even think we could do it.

https://www.cfr.org/article/why-china-would-struggle-invade-taiwan
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:01:15 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:09:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 4:37:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#49]

Considering the constraints, Taiwan's best move is to bide time allowing them and us to improve posture and defenses . Not to mention, the PRC's changing demographics don't do it any favors as time goes on. Regardless, the PRC has to attempt to do the largest amphibious invasion since D-Day except on a far larger scale . I'm not kidding when I'm saying that I don't even think we could do it.

View All Quotes

I know this is GD but

There’s no way to be certain of course, but most likely we’re talking 1-3 years tops.  We aren’t talking about waiting for generational demographic or economic problems to solve our China problems for us.  By the time they do the war for Taiwan will be long over.  Taiwan (and us) has 1-3 years to prepare and whatever can’t be done in that time isn’t going to be done.
Besides a US ultimatum, the best thing that could possibly be done is Taiwan, SK, and Japan going nuclear in secret and announcing it without warning and only once nukes were on IRBMs pointed at China.  This is thought to be possible, with Japan and SK being “turnkey nuclear states” that could have weapons very quickly.  With peace enforced at the point of nuclear missiles, THEN you can sit tight and wait for China to implode.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 5:20:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

View Quote
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top