Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like I said, he could have sauntered down, ask us how it's going. Checked licenses, because that's what they do and why I buy one and then brought up the date, if he thought it was actually Sep 1.
I could have corrected him, he could have explained his mistake and we may have had a much more pleasant experience and even a laugh for all. We could have shot the shit for a few minutes and all would have been fine.
View Quote

But he didn’t. Because he chose to be an asshole. Which is why we have a 7 page thread, and why fish cops continue to be universally reviled.

I understand and respect your individual decision to not take any further steps. I would not be so kind.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, do you think they may start by projecting authority, maybe sometimes being interpreted as over zealous, because they work in an environment where most of their encounters are armed, and in remote locations where help is a very long time coming if they need it?

I've seen many circumstances where someone of a criminal mindset thought they could take the cop, fish or otherwise, because they thought he was weak.

Personally,  when hiring cops, I look for smart people who can strike up a conversation with anyone.

It's a balancing thing. The preference is officer friendly enough most of the time, who can pivot to full warrior mode and back when needed.

View Quote

A middle aged dude fishing with two grade school-aged kids needs immediate “command voice” asshole presence to sort out a (non-existent) parking ticket-level issue?

Read the room. This wasn’t a bunch of adult males with long guns in the woods.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck the fish cops. Worse than the scooter riding school popo.

Brownshirts need to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You handled the situation well Lorax, And taught the kids how a reasonable adult reacts to an over "achieving " warden without resorting to hysterics.

Ignore the GD badasses.
View Quote

Thank you.
The point is this is a stupid little thing that happened that didn't have to happen. And it reminded myself included that handling things calmly and tactfully sometimes is the best.
And I think I set a good example for those kids.
Hopefully, the warden was embarrassed enough to maybe learn a little something also. I hope he takes away a little humility.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Makes sense. So you were not traumatized by him getting your attention or him being pompous or something.
View Quote

I think it boils down to 'he was unnecessarily harsh, and (perhaps deliberately) frightened the children in a manner which would make them less likely to want to pursue fishing and hunting in order to avoid similar incidents in the future'.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But he didn’t. Because he chose to be an asshole. Which is why we have a 7 page thread, and why fish cops continue to be universally reviled.

I understand and respect your individual decision to not take any further steps. I would not be so kind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, he could have sauntered down, ask us how it's going. Checked licenses, because that's what they do and why I buy one and then brought up the date, if he thought it was actually Sep 1.
I could have corrected him, he could have explained his mistake and we may have had a much more pleasant experience and even a laugh for all. We could have shot the shit for a few minutes and all would have been fine.

I don't. It's a cuck move. Good enough to post. But let's have that state employeed douche just walk away like nothing has ever happened.

Lame
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think it boils down to 'he was unnecessarily harsh, and (perhaps deliberately) frightened the children in a manner which would make them less likely to want to pursue fishing and hunting in order to avoid similar incidents in the future'.
View Quote

It boils down to “you can be an asshole, or you can be wrong. You can’t be both.”

A concept that everyone but the guy with a “masters in police management” seems capable of grasping.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How you're this traumatized over this nothing encounter truly baffles me.

At most this is a fun fish story.

Now I'm left to wonder if the middle schoolers I yelled at to get out from under the bleachers last night will be scarred for life? Perhaps they'll just move on and do middle school stuff not under the bleachers. Perhaps their mothers will call the school because their snowflake was Told not asked.

Will there be drama? Will life go on? No one knows?

Maybe, just maybe, by today, no one really cares or lost a moment of sleep over it.
View Quote

Why does it not surprise me that you take pride in yelling at middleschoolers for being underneath bleachers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, you sorta have to speak up to be heard over the football game and over distance. If you've never been to a football game I guess we can understand you not being familiar with the nuances of it.
View Quote

I played in high school and college. I guess I’ll have to take your word for it when it comes to the nuances of scolding children in the bleachers.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd go down there again just hanging out but with no actual fishing equipment to troll him.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think the hardest thing for good LE working for good agencies to really absorb is that there are whole departments full of exactly the complete fuckheads we rail against here.
View Quote

Sig line material.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Apparently so.

The guy actually locked up a little like Turtle Man Mitch for about three seconds. Double checked his phone and said nothing.
Then, because I made him look like a fool in front of the kids, he reminded us that the refuge closes tomorrow.
Yeah......No shit. I just told him that.

Never apologized. Wouldn't even look at the kids. And "allowed" us to keep fishing, for one more day of course. Turned around in a huff while saying there would be no citation today and beat feet up the path.

I think that's when I heard those two kids start breathing again.
I reassured them that we did nothing wrong and that the Warden must have been having a bad day and way over reacted. Those kids were crushed. You could tell. The guy wanted them to fear him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he forgot it was Aug 31?

Apparently so.

The guy actually locked up a little like Turtle Man Mitch for about three seconds. Double checked his phone and said nothing.
Then, because I made him look like a fool in front of the kids, he reminded us that the refuge closes tomorrow.
Yeah......No shit. I just told him that.

Never apologized. Wouldn't even look at the kids. And "allowed" us to keep fishing, for one more day of course. Turned around in a huff while saying there would be no citation today and beat feet up the path.

I think that's when I heard those two kids start breathing again.
I reassured them that we did nothing wrong and that the Warden must have been having a bad day and way over reacted. Those kids were crushed. You could tell. The guy wanted them to fear him.

Sounds about like the jackass who checked my license as I was dragging a deer out of the woods. Tried to lecture me for carrying a handgun while bow hunting. "You know you can't do that, right?"

"I have a carry permit and the hunting regulations say no carrying a handgun while bow hunting UNLESS you have a valid firearm tag OR carry permit".

"But your carry permit requires you to follow all other applicable laws."

"According to the book YOUR AGENCY printed, I am following the law."

Took 5 minutes of arguing before the fucker would even look it up, then belittled me for killing a small(but legal) deer.

Fuck you, buddy. A legal deer shows up, it's going into my freezer.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Getting the date wrong was the least of this carp cowboy’s transgressions. You’d think someone with a “masters degree in police management” could figure that out, but here we are.
View Quote

So… he yelled at someone.

So fucking what.

The OP has enough sense to realize it ain’t worth it and that going scorched earth over nothing just makes him look like a Karen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So… he yelled at someone.

So fucking what.

The OP has enough sense to realize it ain’t worth it and that going scorched earth over nothing just makes him look like a Karen.
View Quote

You can yell at someone, or you can be wrong. You don’t get to do both.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:38:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
On the fence on about fish cops. On one hand they are over zealous, aggressive assholes.  But on the other hand, most 'sportsmen' I've run across blatant law breakers: going over the limit for sizes or number of catch, poor hunting techniques, not tracking wounded game, trashing areas they are hunting/fishing in, fights, etc. The whole thing being a shit show.
View Quote

VS

Which one will you run into?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or, and I'm just spitballing here, do you think they may start by projecting authority, maybe sometimes being interpreted as over zealous, because they work in an environment where most of their encounters are armed, and in remote locations where help is a very long time coming if they need it?

I've seen many circumstances where someone of a criminal mindset thought they could take the cop, fish or otherwise, because they thought he was weak.

Personally,  when hiring cops, I look for smart people who can strike up a conversation with anyone.

It's a balancing thing. The preference is officer friendly enough most of the time, who can pivot to full warrior mode and back when needed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Yelling” and “tearing into” were the descriptions used by the OP. I’m “making things up” by using the word “screaming?” Ok, whatever you say.

Fish cops have a well-deserved reputation for being assholes. They need to get tuned up when they both act like assholes AND are wrong. It’s not about this one incident or the specifics of OP’s incident, it’s reshaping their entire attitude by stomping their dicks whenever an opportunity like this appears.

I just had an encounter 2 weeks ago with a completely out of control thug with a badge. Cop was a fucking grade A idiot and I am going to make it my life's work to see him fired and hopefully homeless and eating out of garbage cans. The DA is filing a complaint against said officer with the state AG. From what the prosecutors and DA told us this officer has issues and lots of complaints. It would also appear his report or incident write up doesn't match the sheriff's deputy that was also here , who I might add was not an asshole. 1 city Pd and 1 county sheriff since we live just on the edge of the city and county.

we tried to explain that my neighbor's wife 75 years old has dementia and bouts of sudden violence and paranoid delusions, asshole cop didn't care. When I tried to explain to him , he said he doesn't care about last week, yesterday or this morning his only concern was what happened in the last hour. What kinda fucking idiot wants less information to understand the situation? She is a lvl 5 out of 7 on the dementia scale.

Because of said Fucktard, I have had to send my lawn guy over to take care of the property and pay for it on my dime, the couple is elderly and she can't maintain the property. My wife has had to take her shopping and make her food, since her husband has a 500 foot restraining order.  It's truly amazing how fast your rights are stripped but takes fucking weeks to get the paperwork done to drop all this shit.

In the rest of my days I will never help any officer in need nor will I ever call the cops for any reason. I see a cop getting his ass kicked and possibly murdered while I'm driving by, I'll smile and wave and have a coke when I get home.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just had an encounter 2 weeks ago with a completely out of control thug with a badge. Cop was a fucking grade A idiot and I am going to make it my life's work to see him fired and hopefully homeless and eating out of garbage cans. The DA is filing a complaint against said officer with the state AG. From what the prosecutors and DA told us this officer has issues and lots of complaints. It would also appear his report or incident write up doesn't match the sheriff's deputy that was also here , who I might add was not an asshole. 1 city Pd and 1 county sheriff since we live just on the edge of the city and county.

we tried to explain that my neighbor's wife 75 years old has dementia and bouts of sudden violence and paranoid delusions, asshole cop didn't care. When I tried to explain to him , he said he doesn't care about last week, yesterday or this morning his only concern was what happened in the last hour. What kinda fucking idiot wants less information to understand the situation? She is a lvl 5 out of 7 on the dementia scale.

Because of said Fucktard, I have had to send my lawn guy over to take care of the property and pay for it on my dime, the couple is elderly and she can't maintain the property. My wife has had to take her shopping and make her food, since her husband has a 500 foot restraining order.  It's truly amazing how fast your rights are stripped but takes fucking weeks to get the paperwork done to drop all this shit.

In the rest of my days I will never help any officer in need nor will I ever call the cops for any reason. I see a cop getting his ass kicked and possibly murdered while I'm driving by, I'll smile and wave and have a coke when I get home.

View Quote

Shotar will be along shortly to explain why you are unhinged and socially maladjusted.

But I appreciate your helping your neighbor who cannot help herself, and pursuing the shitty cop.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok.  You call and write everyone.  Whatever makes you feel like you’re in the right.

Nothing will happen.

OP is wise/mature enough to see this and appears to be moving on.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:06:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Shotar will be along shortly to explain why you are unhinged and socially maladjusted.

But I appreciate your helping your neighbor who cannot help herself, and pursuing the shitty cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

47 years old with close to a million miles driven. 1 moving violation the entire time. My crime? towing a trailer in the fast lane. My wife and I have donated approx 50k to the local HS football program over the years. I have mentored for big brother big sister and we did foster parenting for 1 year and put that child in private school on our dime. After my wife was attacked for no reason we decided for our safety and health we wouldn't foster anymore.  I have never been detained, arrested or put in cuffs. I'm sure I'm the problem with society
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Ok.  You call and write everyone.  Whatever makes you feel like you’re in the right.

Nothing will happen.
View Quote

I’d file a 1983 action just to put him through the wringer. Damages would be nominal, but that would not be the point of the exercise. A complaint to the agency isn’t the only remedy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

47 years old with close to a million miles driven. 1 moving violation the entire time. My crime? towing a trailer in the fast lane. My wife and I have donated approx 50k to the local HS football program over the years. I have mentored for big brother big sister and we did foster parenting for 1 year and put that child in private school on our dime. After my wife was attacked for no reason we decided for our safety and health we wouldn't foster anymore.  I have never been detained, arrested or put in cuffs. I'm sure I'm the problem with society
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even Al Capone laundered his reputation through philanthropy...
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually,  the only reason he gave in his drawn out rant of hating every cop everywhere, was that the cop wanted to know what happened today and cut his history lesson short.

No one calls the cops because they're having a great day, but eventually you gotta get to the point of the meeting.

Neighbor has dementia,  this is what's going on today necessitating my call for help.
View Quote

You continue to be a bottomless font of laughable excuses for abhorrent behavior by cops, while telling everyone else that they are the unhinged ones.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

It took more pages than I thought to turn into a shitshow.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How do I know you're not a lawyer.
View Quote

I don’t know. Why don’t you tell us and embarrass yourself some more.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:12:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Yelling” and “tearing into” were the descriptions used by the OP. I’m “making things up” by using the word “screaming?” Ok, whatever you say.

Fish cops have a well-deserved reputation for being assholes. They need to get tuned up when they both act like assholes AND are wrong. It’s not about this one incident or the specifics of OP’s incident, it’s reshaping their entire attitude by stomping their dicks whenever an opportunity like this appears.

Being an asshole makes everything more risky to them, not less risky.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Now I'm left to wonder if the middle schoolers I yelled at to get out from under the bleachers last night will be scarred for life? Perhaps they'll just move on and do middle school stuff not under the bleachers. Perhaps their mothers will call the school because their snowflake was Told not asked.

Maybe, just maybe, by today, no one really cares or lost a moment of sleep over it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A middle aged dude fishing with two grade school-aged kids needs immediate “command voice” asshole presence to sort out a (non-existent) parking ticket-level issue?

Read the room. This wasn’t a bunch of adult males with long guns in the woods.

For your story to be related you would have needed to yell at them for being under the bleachers while they are in the middle of an open field.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You continue to invent stuff that was never written by anyone and then assign imaginary value to it.

All intelligent people can take away from what he posted, was that he's mad that the cop cut short his history lesson and asked him to get to the point.
View Quote

I guess the state and local prosecutors going after the cop in his post are all retards, too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Simple to a lawyer time is $$ and none would waste either filing a 1983 action on the facts presented here.
View Quote

Lol. You are utterly clueless.

1983 has a fee-shifting provision, and I wouldn’t need to hire a lawyer anyway because I’ve been one for 20 years, and done 1983 cases before.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nothing will happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing will happen.

True. Corrupt protects corruption.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

True. Corrupt protects corruption.
View Quote

I wouldn’t call yelling at someone for fishing outside of the timeline, realizing you’re wrong and stomping off without issuing a citation, corrupt.

Immature and petty, sure.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

With whose help? If you think the case of the mistaken date is a winner for a 1983 case, please, call someone else who actually knows these things. Maybe the insurance company will offer $5k to go away but it's never going to court.
View Quote

You’ve clearly never handled a 1983 case and don’t understand how they work, or what the objective of a 1983 case with “nominal damages” might be.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The objective, given the facts here, not the ones you imagined, is to waste everyone's time.
View Quote

There’s a lot more you can extract, formally and informally, from a 1983 case settlement, than money. But you wouldn’t  know that.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You’ve clearly never handled a 1983 case and don’t understand how they work, or what the objective of a 1983 case with “nominal damages” might be.

View Quote

Damages?

Because a warden talked to you in an elevated tone of voice and had todays date wrong?

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Damages?

Because a warden talked to you in an elevated tone of voice and had todays date wrong?

View Quote

Reading. It’s not just for faggots.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#47]
While it's true it's your word against his, I'd still file a complaint. This guy probably wasn't only a hot head today, and these types of things sometimes have a way of accumulating and taking them down eventually.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Didn’t read.  I’m not speaking from a legal point of view.

I’m speaking from a point of view that a man with thick enough skin would hold.

From a practical standpoint, no damages were incurred.

The OP clearly possesses that thick skin.  Others perhaps not.

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Or realize that the fish cop is a hot headed asshole that shouldn't be issued a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
While it's true it's your word against his, I'd still file a complaint. This guy probably wasn't only a hot head today, and these types of things sometimes have a way of accumulating and taking them down eventually.
View Quote

Plus two 12-year-old witnesses, and a bodycam if he had one.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top