Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2022 7:04:05 PM EDT
I have a Lugana F2 table saw. I will be getting the right side wing (standard on the F3) but they do not offer cutout for a router.

I was told that Rockler offers a template to cutout my own hole. I cannot find this template on Rockers site.

Does anyone know what Lugana was referring to? It will be fun to cut a hole in cast iron lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:42:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Make one out of 3/4 MDF.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Having trouble envisioning how would do this on a cast table unless it's prepped for it or there's no webbing beneath.

I just made a jig to cut my curved sashes and just used the plastic plate from the bottom of the router to lay out mounting. Not sure if that's what you mean.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having trouble envisioning how would do this on a cast table unless it's prepped for it or there's no webbing beneath.

I just made a jig to cut my curved sashes and just used the plastic plate from the bottom of the router to lay out mounting. Not sure if that's what you mean.
View Quote

I have yet to measure but saw stop offers 2 wings with cutouts for routers. Prices are sky high. Laguna (no cut) $65. Sawstop (cut) $365 to $595.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Are you installing a router lift in the wing or just a router?

Jessem template

I have a template for a Jess-em lift I could lend you.  

Rockler's template

Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you installing a router lift in the wing or just a router?

Jessem template

I have a template for a Jess-em lift I could lend you.  

Rockler's template

View Quote

Your second link is wrong. Considering a new car?

Thanks for the offer. Right now I am considering on wasting cash for the saw stop wing. Sometimes time is worth money.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#6]
trying rockler template again

just got the wife a 2023 Defender.  sorry bout that
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a Lugana F2 table saw. I will be getting the right side wing (standard on the F3) but they do not offer cutout for a router.

I was told that Rockler offers a template to cutout my own hole. I cannot find this template on Rockers site.

Does anyone know what Lugana was referring to? It will be fun to cut a hole in cast iron lol.
View Quote

I hope that's not what you were planning on doing, and my sarcasm meter is just broken.
Get a couple pieces of 3/4" mdf and glue them together - or 1-1/4" mdf if you can find.   Make an extension table that fits between your fence rails.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]
You don’t need it to be cast iron.

The router table is in my table saw extension. It’s made of of 2” thick edge grain hard maple butcher block slab.

I use a kreg insert and kreg levelers. Easy as can be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top