User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Leroy the Constable...not surprised.

Who the hell stops anyone for 6 miles over? Unless you are profiling or on a fishing expedition.
View Quote

Mah revenue.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember seeing used rocket launcher tubes for sale at gun shows not to long along in California of all places.(LAAW Rockets)
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had a Rocket Launcher  . . . .

I would not hesitate
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pulled over for 6mph over?
View Quote

Small cities be like that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Idiots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I suspect the cops are going to end up looking a bit stupid after this one plays out.
View Quote

It's California, they'll find a way to put the guy in prison.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Has the press conference been held yet citing the "street value" of 6 million dollars?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
6 miles an hour over the limit and they stopped the guy ?

LOL
View Quote
Can't fish if you don't put your line in the water.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else catch that this occurred in Liberty, Tx?

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wish I had one.
View Quote

Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
cant believe crap these days.

someone needs to get some 50 cal empty ammo cans and the next time they are stopped by the cops, tell them, 'ossifer, im alerting you now to having 50 caliber machinegun accoutrements in my possession in my car'.

a rocket launcher without a rocket simply scares the children and folks who go about with such things need to be locked up long time.
View Quote

No ordnances? At least it wasn’t ordinances.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Holy shit. From the article it was just an empty tube...no ordnance. Aren’t those just fired once and tossed?  Can it even be reloaded?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Some people just can't keep their mouth shut.  Buying your old man a shot gun just ain't good enough.

Holy shit. From the article it was just an empty tube...no ordnance. Aren’t those just fired once and tossed?  Can it even be reloaded?

I recall seeing those old, spent LAWs rocket tubes for sale years ago. Thing in the pic looks similar.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a spent LAW I bought at a pawn shop on Yadkin Rd in Fayetteville, NC long ago. Got it for around $10
Co-worker is from W. Virginia. He said a pawn shop in his home town has a few AT-4's for $40. He is going to pick us up 1 each when he goes back home.
I may get 2 now. One to keep in my truck for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:12:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a spent LAW I bought at a pawn shop on Yadkin Rd in Fayetteville, NC long ago. Got it for around $10
Co-worker is from W. Virginia. He said a pawn shop in his home town has a few AT-4's for $40. He is going to pick us up 1 each when he goes back home.
I may get 2 now. One to keep in my truck for shits and giggles.
View Quote
Put a dildo in it and plug the ends with something tactical.  Much more fun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

Surprised constable k9 doesn’t have his pens arranged in a TBL pattern as well.

Also, if the FATF said let him go, deputy dipshit should definitely feel bad:

“They told me to let him go. They didn’t have anything on military equipment [to hold him on]. The feds will be taking over any investigation, if there is one,” Tucker said.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I call bullshit!  If Fort Polk reported the tube as being “stolen” then why wasn’t it entered into the system as stolen? I’m not sure if the tube is a one and done deal but if ATF is not interested in pursuing charges on the Marine, that means the “launcher” is nothing more than a cool looking fiberglass tube.  The whole article is stupid.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pretty ballsy to steal one off base lol.   What kind of charges does that kid face?
View Quote
They are usually in the trash pile waiting to get taken away by the Co. Officer types..  if there aren't any left come Monday morning when the working party showed up...NOBODY CARES....

Hell they would hand them out sometimes...
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#18]
If he had only kept his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I am sitting right next to a spent AT-4.

It's a tube you morons, it's no different than the brass that comes out of your gun, except this one can't be reloaded.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#21]
“Constable?”

Was this in Canada or Deep Space 9, where they found the anti-tank equivalent of an empty shell case?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Should be available for sale anyway
View Quote

Should be free.  We already paid for it once through our taxes.....just saying..lol

Constables in our state only help work parades and state fairs.  They do not have the authority to do traffic stops per say for speeding.   They mostly work to "keep the peace" during large events and such.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote

Careful! You’ll get the ‘stapo’ in here brow beating you for not following the law!
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Careful! You’ll get the ‘stapo’ in here brow beating you for not following the law!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

BuT hE cOuLd HaVe KiLlEd SoMeOnE
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#26]
That is one high speed Deputy Constable, lol.

IME, Texas Constables and their deputies are the wannabes of Texas LE.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Knew it'd be a used AT-4 tube.

It'll now show-up in area gun "buybacks" for years.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#29]

That cellphone case is atrocious. Save some TBL for the rest of us, punisher
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#30]
There was a guy that sold empty LAW tubes from Fort Campbell back in the 80's for $10 each...He had dozens.

Me and the neighbor kids bought them and used them to have bottle rocket wars.

Good solid fun...I don't know what I ever did with them.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It's California, they'll find a way to put the guy in prison.
View Quote

I’m pretty sure that the UCMJ will take care of this wayyy before CA can do anything. He’s going to Leavenworth for sure.

ETA: was it spent? I thought I read it was live? Depends on his CO, but at the least he’s gonna get kicked for screwing up
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#32]
The new story is BS and full of really inaccurate information.

I used to collect inert ordnance, with a particular focus on rockets/missiles/antitank weapons.  So I have owned and bought and sold many things over the years, especially back when I was collecting.  

That is AT4 launcher.  Technically it’s a recoilless launcher, not rocket launcher because the round is fired from the tube but does not have a rocket.  They are and always have been available throughout the collecting community, eBay, craigslist, gunbroker, etc. It use to be that there would be probably three or four selling every week but eBay pulls them down often now so the ones that slip through are the only ones that really gets sold on ebay.  It is a one-shot item, there is no ability to reload it and they are not reloadable.  It is considered demil and inert as long as it’s been previously fired.  No mechanism needs to be changed or destroyed.  It’s perfectly legal to own.  There’s a reason why the ATF said to let him go.  

The same thing applies to LAW rocket launchers.  Single shot, considered inert/demil after use, nothing illegal about owning.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm pretty sure that's only the minimum amount of flair
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I suppose they'll have their department EOD take it out and blow it up. The community is safe now.

Nice police work, boys!

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Pulled over for 6mph over?
View Quote

You have obviously never driven Hwy 190 in Louisiana from Baton Rouge to Opelousas.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Rioters get away with burning police stations, but others get in trouble for going 6 mph over the speed limit?!  LOL.  Low hanging fruit that complies with the important laws get all of the punishment.  Figures.  Good job guys!!  The utter weakness of some police officers on the job today is amazing.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The new story is BS and full of really inaccurate information.

I used to collect inert ordnance, with a particular focus on rockets/missiles/antitank weapons.  So I have owned and bought and sold many things over the years, especially back when I was collecting.  

That is AT4 launcher.  Technically it’s a recoilless launcher, not rocket launcher because the round is fired from the tube but does not have a rocket.  They are and always have been available throughout the collecting community, eBay, craigslist, gunbroker, etc. It use to be that there would be probably three or four selling every week but eBay pulls them down often now so the ones that slip through are the only ones that really gets sold on ebay.  It is a one-shot item, there is no ability to reload it and they are not reloadable.  It is considered demil and inert as long as it’s been previously fired.  No mechanism needs to be changed or destroyed.  It’s perfectly legal to own.  There’s a reason why the ATF said to let him go.  

The same thing applies to LAW rocket launchers.  Single shot, considered inert/demil after use, nothing illegal about owning.
View Quote

Just another shining example of LEO not knowing the laws they are actually enforcing.

Thank God many are as retarded as they are in regards to firearm laws, or we'd have a lot more people in jail of faggotry ATF charges.

This is just shameful though.   The initial stop was fishing of the highest order which that alone should be merit for immediate dismissal in my book.

Hope these two super troopers sleep well at night knowing there saving the community.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote

Dental plans be pricey yo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That cellphone case is atrocious. Save some TBL for the rest of us, punisher
View Quote

I back the police in red areas solidly, but I agree.

Wearing TBL shit while on duty, along with that faggot punisher stuff is just an awful look.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

cant you just buy those online?
View Quote
$400 here:

https://www.5miles.com/item/6Ylwg0j1dVbrVpMm/collectibles-inert-at4-rocket-launcher
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Holy shit. From the article it was just an empty tube...no ordnance. Aren't those just fired once and tossed?  Can it even be reloaded?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link

Some people just can't keep their mouth shut.  Buying your old man a shot gun just ain't good enough.

Holy shit. From the article it was just an empty tube...no ordnance. Aren't those just fired once and tossed?  Can it even be reloaded?
yes, it isn't legally a DD or even a firearm if it's just the spent tube. They can't be reloaded afaik.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I still want one of those for my man cave
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mah revenue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Leroy the Constable...not surprised.

Who the hell stops anyone for 6 miles over? Unless you are profiling or on a fishing expedition.

Mah revenue.

Not really.

That was fishing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#45]
What. They confiscated an empty plastic tube??

What heroes.

Muh service.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not really.

That was fishing.
View Quote

Exactly, they aren't looking to make money off a 6mph over speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lol I think I’d keep that traffic stop to myself. Probably a lot of Karen’s that think it’s dangerous.
View Quote

A thought reinforced by bullshit press releases like this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I still want one of those for my man cave
View Quote
Same

If @50cal really knows a place selling AT4 tubes for $40, I'd pay $60 plus S&H to get one in a heartbeat. $100 if it's in really good shape.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not really.

That was fishing.
View Quote

I’ve never seen a real fisherman holding the boot he caught like it was a state record catfish.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That is one high speed Deputy Constable, lol.

IME, Texas Constables and their deputies are the wannabes of Texas LE.
View Quote

Constables here suck. They suddenly showed up a few years ago. All they seem to do is ride around in their ninja stealth car writing expensive speeding tickets. I think we literally have 6 different 'law enforcement' agencies that patrol around here.

We even had a campus cop try to make a traffic stop on a public road and he shot a college kid during it. Some agencies do need to be defunded.
Page / 4
Top Top