Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Part of why they resort to this sort of thing (verbally abusing/harassing people in public that they don't agree with) is probably because they themselves get really torn up when it is done to them.  They view it as one of the most horrendous things that could happen to them (essentially peer pressure on overdrive), so it's what they go with when they want to hurt people they hate (and keep hurting them like that, until those people give up and let them have their way, just like their parents did).

If they ever piss people off enough to say 'fuck it, I don't care about the consequences', their reality is likely to be drastically changed, very quickly, as they discover that there are far worse things than having some assholes yell mean things at you in public.  It's a lesson that would have been far less painful for them to have learned on an elementary school playground.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 3:32:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RSG:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#9]
"That's the Terminator bro"

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Like an afternoon in Phoenix... mostly without the random mortar attack.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Bystander Climbs Through Sunroof To Rescue Kids Locked In Hot Car

A mother wasn't going to stand by and wait for the fire department to rescue two toddlers locked in a hot car in a parking lot in Oklahoma City.

The vehicle was parked in direct sunlight, and the temperature outside was nearing 100 degrees. Charlene Cooksey told KOCO she saw the girls in distress and went to grab a crowbar to break the window.

She was stopped by security guards who told her to wait for the fire department.

"Security guards didn't know what to do because in their minds, they wanted to wait for the fire department and I was like, 'Screw the fire department. Those babies need to get out,'" Cooksey told the news station.

While they were waiting for first responders, another woman took matters into her hands and climbed through the sunroof to unlock the car doors.

"If it wasn't for her, we'd still be trying to pull those car doors open. She's the real hero 'cause she jumped in," Cooksey said.

Police said that the two girls were "unresponsive and buckled in their car seats" and were in shock when they were rescued.

The toddlers were taken to a security car to cool off as authorities waited for the children's mother to finish shopping.

"I wanted to see the girl who came out. I wanted to see who would risk their kids just to go into Walmart. I understand it's hard being a mom, and you don't have anyone to watch your kid, but don't leave them in the car," Cooksey said.

After about 40 minutes, the children's mother, 33-year-old Elizabeta Babb, came out of the store and was taken into custody.

Authorities said that surveillance camera footage showed Babb walking into the store with one of her children, only to return to her car less than 10 minutes later. She then went back into the store without her children.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Never bring a hand grenade to a bar fight:

Video appears to show man bringing grenade into Wilton Manors bar

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 2:53:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Bystander Climbs Through Sunroof To Rescue Kids Locked In Hot Car

A mother wasn't going to stand by and wait for the fire department to rescue two toddlers locked in a hot car in a parking lot in Oklahoma City.

The vehicle was parked in direct sunlight, and the temperature outside was nearing 100 degrees. Charlene Cooksey told KOCO she saw the girls in distress and went to grab a crowbar to break the window.

She was stopped by security guards who told her to wait for the fire department.

"Security guards didn't know what to do because in their minds, they wanted to wait for the fire department and I was like, 'Screw the fire department. Those babies need to get out,'" Cooksey told the news station.

While they were waiting for first responders, another woman took matters into her hands and climbed through the sunroof to unlock the car doors.

"If it wasn't for her, we'd still be trying to pull those car doors open. She's the real hero 'cause she jumped in," Cooksey said.

Police said that the two girls were "unresponsive and buckled in their car seats" and were in shock when they were rescued.

The toddlers were taken to a security car to cool off as authorities waited for the children's mother to finish shopping.

"I wanted to see the girl who came out. I wanted to see who would risk their kids just to go into Walmart. I understand it's hard being a mom, and you don't have anyone to watch your kid, but don't leave them in the car," Cooksey said.

After about 40 minutes, the children's mother, 33-year-old Elizabeta Babb, came out of the store and was taken into custody.

Authorities said that surveillance camera footage showed Babb walking into the store with one of her children, only to return to her car less than 10 minutes later. She then went back into the store without her children.
View Quote

I seent a woman leave her kid in the car, with the car running at a liquor store. Late model Lexus parked in a handicapped spot of course. I came out and saw the kid in the car, with the car running. I stayed to see the culprit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#15]
Outside of Powell's Books (of course) in Portland:

Attachment Attached File

Corrected signage should include some of these classic tips:

Obey the law.
Use common sense.
Stop immediately.
Turn that shit off.
Be polite.
Shut the fuck up.
Get a white friend.
Don't ride with a mad woman.

Attachment Attached File

How To Not Get Your Ass Kicked By The Police
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmmm . . .

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Meanwhile, in south Florida - ASSAULT UMBRELLAS ON CAMPUS!

911 caller mistakes umbrella in man’s backpack for rifle near Miami Dade College

Attachment Attached File

KENDALL, Fla. – The Kendall campus of Miami Dade College was placed on lock down Wednesday morning after someone called 911 to report that there was an armed person on campus riding a bicycle.

But authorities say the 911 caller mistook an umbrella in the man’s backpack for a rifle.

Still, authorities and school officials both say they’re thankful it was called in.
View Quote

I bet the guy with the umbrella was thankful, too.

The call came in Wednesday morning as the man was riding his bike near the campus.

Miami-Dade police responded in force to the area. There were armed officers all over the campus and the surrounding streets.

They quickly found the man who the caller spotted, detained him and then took a look inside his backpack.

Authorities say he was carrying a military-style backpack with a black umbrella handle sticking out of the side of it.
View Quote

MILITARY-STYLE BACKPACK!!!

Classes start at the college on Monday, so they said the lack of people on campus definitely helped the situation and everyone was able to shelter in place quickly.
View Quote

Shelter in place. From an umbrella.

I don't remember seeing a similar police response to these black umbrellas:

Attachment Attached File

thatwasdifferent.gif
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

FBI is right for once??????
View Quote

Why was FFBI even involved? What was the Federal crime here?
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AJumbo:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:39:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#20]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner01:
Originally Posted By AJumbo:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

Locals apparently asked the FBI crime lab to inspect and test the gun, since they didn't have their own facility that could handle this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Locals apparently asked the FBI crime lab to inspect and test the gun, since they didn't have their own facility that could handle this.
View Quote

Do they not have a state equivalent?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By elcope:
Just in case anyone needed a reminder.

View Quote

Thread delivers. Once again.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By djohn:
Hmmm . . .

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/FZ_m9omVUAAQc1S_jpg-2492803.JPG
View Quote
That might turn into a little bit of a shindig. It's worth keeping an eye on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Looks like either they don't have a state lab, or they felt it would be better to send it to the feds (less doubt about state politics skewing the results, state lab may have a backlog, etc).
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Looks like either they don't have a state lab, or they felt it would be better to send it to the feds (less doubt about state politics skewing the results, state lab may have a backlog, etc).
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
I bet thanksgiving dinner at their place is fun.

"You stupid fucking trumper!" - Alec

"Yeah, well at least I didn't shoot someone and lie about pulling the trigger!" - Stephen
View Quote

Alec Baldwin say horrible Things South Park

what sucks about being a Baldwin

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:23:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#29]
Probably duped multiple times already in GD, but this is probably worth sharing here because . . . reasons.

Man Arrested for Making Threats of Violence Against FBI

A Pennsylvania man has been arrested on charges of making threats of violence against FBI personnel.

Adam Bies, 46, of Mercer, was arrested late Friday in Mercer. He made his initial appearance in federal court today in Pittsburgh and remains in custody pending a detention hearing.

According to court documents, on or around August 11, the FBI National Threat Operations Section Social Media Exploitation team received a tip from MEMRI Domestic Terrorism Threat Monitor regarding Gab user “BlankFocus,” later identified as Bies, who allegedly posted violent threats towards the FBI and law enforcement stating: “My only goal is to kill more of them before I drop” and “If You Work For The FBI Then You Deserve To Die”.
View Quote

So the Middle East Media Research Institute now "scrutinizes the online activity of neo-Nazi and white supremacist groups and individuals who are circulating hateful and antisemitic content, with a focus on incitement, calls to action, and violent threats against Jewish organizations and institutions, blacks, people of color, LGBTQ, political and other prominent figures, government officials and agencies, and the public at large, in the U.S. and around the world." Good to know.

Back to the DOJ press release:

According to court documents, on August 10, Bies allegedly wrote: “Every single piece of [expletive] who works for the FBI in any capacity, from the director down to the janitor who cleans their [expletive] toilets deserves to die. You’ve declared war on us and now it's open season on YOU.”

In another post on August 10, Bies allegedly wrote: “HEY FEDS. We the people cannot WAIT to water the trees of liberty with your blood. I’ll be waiting for you to kick down my door.”
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Bies is charged with influencing, impeding or retaliating against federal law enforcement officers. If convicted, he faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after considering the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.
View Quote

That's a bold strategy, given Brandenburg v. Ohio, a 1966 Supreme Court ruling which "held that the government cannot punish inflammatory speech unless that speech is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action." (Imminent Lawless Action would be a great name for a band, btw)

One more comment from /pol/ that may or may not be relevant:

Attachment Attached File

We now return to our regularly scheduled Riot Squad entertainment . . .

ETA Compare and contrast with the treatment of Portland antifa members who publicly organized and incited imminent lawless actions against federal law enforcement personnel and facilities during the Summer of Love
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djohn] [#30]

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA

It's almost like he was inciting an imminent lawless action or something . . .
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#31]
They’re practicing  today for the air show this weekend in ChiRaq

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#32]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
about 10 minutes from me (in a nicer neighborhood)
View Quote

Yikes! That’s close to home - but I know you wouldn’t have been worried about running out of ammunition

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#34]

Yikes! That’s close to home - but I know you wouldn’t have been worried about running out of ammunition

Attachment Attached File
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:
about 10 minutes from me (in a nicer neighborhood)

Attachment Attached File

Well...

He gets points for having additional magazines loaded (assuming he wasn't grabbing empty magazines) and for having a first-aid kit (if it was something more than a pack of bandaids and a couple aspirin), but...

Where's the bandolier, plate carrier (with plates - it's sad that such a distinction has to be made, but pictures and video from riots of recent years have shown that it has to be done), helmet, ears, eyes, hydration (in case things drag out for a while), and light (night vision would be better, but he may be on a budget)?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Body cameras capture moments women opened fire on Grady County deputies, bystander
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fantomas] [#38]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11122561/Unbelievable-Border-Patrol-agents-OPEN-gates-let-illegal-migrants-southern-border.html

'Unbelievable'! Border patrol agents OPEN the gates at a crossing point letting in illegal migrants at the southern border moments after Greg Abbott's Texas National Guard had locked them: More than two million have crossed in 2022 - a 22-year high
Footage showed the armed agents unbuckle the barb-wire fence before streams of asylum seekers walk past
They then stood around chatting and finally shut the barrier between Mexico and the US after dozens got in
Texas Governor Greg Abbott leading the outrage, branding it 'unbelievable' and blaming Joe Biden's policies
It comes amid a surging crisis in the US as migrants from across South America seek a better life in the States
At least two million migrant encounters have been reported already this fiscal year, setting a new record
View Quote

Tucker Carlson: Immigration and crime are issues Republicans should run on
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 12:58:55 PM EDT
[#40]
"Undocumented Wookies"?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#41]
"Undocumented Wookies"?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/FaejYRXXwAAhkFE_jpg-2494996.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/FaejYRTX0AQdPv0_jpg-2494997.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28207/FaejYRVWAAARii8_jpg-2494999.JPG

View Quote

Looks like the underlying pants and shirts have a camo pattern.  Invading military force.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Looks like the underlying pants and shirts have a camo pattern.  Invading military force.
View All Quotes
"Undocumented Wookies"?

tHerE JuSt HerE to Do thE jObs wHitE peEpo WoNt dO!
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#43]
"Undocumented Wookies"?

View Quote

they don't look Hispanic

Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#44]
"Undocumented Wookies"?

View Quote

Drug runners?
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

they don't look Hispanic

View Quote

They dont, they even have camo on under the suits...
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#46]

they don't look Hispanic

View All Quotes
"Undocumented Wookies"?

they don't look Hispanic

The one in the center... same thought crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Never bring a hand grenade to a bar fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hnihT98fEM

View Quote

Pineapple paperweight
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Because it costs $100 more per month than it did a year ago???
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5095
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top