Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By elcope:

Because it can be demonstratively proved that after Harambe was assassinated, everything in the world timeline went to shit.

Hence all the Harambe memes.

https://fashionindustrybroadcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/harambe-meme-1200x675.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/o5hn7NK.jpeg
View Quote
Harambe is David Bowie??
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

Wonder if someone like Musk, Rogan, ect. will ever get fed up and motivated enough to start some legit rivals to the silicone tech overlords.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:

That possibility has been brought up in the past, with youtube deleting some channels, and it was explained that some of the more prolific content creators did not have copies of all their videos.  Due to the massive amount of storage space that could be required, they would delete videos from their equipment at some point after they were uploaded to youtube - when youtube later deleted them, the only possibility of recovering the videos was if some third party had downloaded them.

Wonder if someone like Musk, Rogan, ect. will ever get fed up and motivated enough to start some legit rivals to the silicone tech overlords.

Musk has the ability, and his personality would seem to be the type that would decide to do something like that to mess with the people behind the existing platforms, but Mars probably has too much of his attention (at the moment, at least) for him to jump into that.  However, if the FAA keeps delaying his tests, and somebody decides that he needs to be censored, he just might decide to throw some money and time into something.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#5]

That possibility has been brought up in the past, with youtube deleting some channels, and it was explained that some of the more prolific content creators did not have copies of all their videos.  Due to the massive amount of storage space that could be required, they would delete videos from their equipment at some point after they were uploaded to youtube - when youtube later deleted them, the only possibility of recovering the videos was if some third party had downloaded them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TeeVeeTee:
Originally Posted By hippowrangler98741:

I'm a little confused about how this works still, for Joe and Spotify. Does Spotify have all rights to control the broadcast of all of Joe Rogan's podcasts? Meaning, it could all disappear and be blacklisted, and re-broadcast/upload in any form prohibited by copyright infringement laws, essentially disappeared?

I’m curious about this as well.  Can JR just load his programs up elsewhere once he gives the middle finger salute to Spotify?

I’ve never listened to the guy, but he’s sure causing a ruckus on the left.

The other aspect of this is copyright. If Spotify has the right legal status, it can use the legal system to prevent any third party from distributing those downloads (fine them, shut down websites, suspend accounts). Spotify could even prevent JR from doing this, depending on the legalese he agreed to.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]

The other aspect of this is copyright. If Spotify has the right legal status, it can use the legal system to prevent any third party from distributing those downloads (fine them, shut down websites, suspend accounts). Spotify could even prevent JR from doing this, depending on the legalese he agreed to.
View All Quotes

I'm a little confused about how this works still, for Joe and Spotify. Does Spotify have all rights to control the broadcast of all of Joe Rogan's podcasts? Meaning, it could all disappear and be blacklisted, and re-broadcast/upload in any form prohibited by copyright infringement laws, essentially disappeared?

I’m curious about this as well.  Can JR just load his programs up elsewhere once he gives the middle finger salute to Spotify?

If something like that ended up in court, it would be interesting to see how the issue of suppressing information and opinions would work into the ruling.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Austinzone is up and streaming from Canada.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By zach_:
View Quote

Thx for the heads up. It's about time. I looked a few times over the week and nothing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Doodles:

Thx for the heads up. It's about time. I looked a few times over the week and nothing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Doodles:
Originally Posted By zach_:

Not much happening there. Looks cold.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
but the meat is like shoe leather.

View Quote

With the sharpest knife you have, make parallel cuts in the meat, spaced about 1/4" apart and slightly less deep than halfway through the meat.  Flip it over and repeat the cuts, but making these perpendicular to the cuts on the other side.  Whack it with a tenderizing mallet, then set it aside.

Finely chop a large onion or two, then spread a layer of the chopped onion on a plate.  Lay the cut of meat on top of the layer of chopped onion, then add another layer of chopped onion.  If preparing more than one, you can stack it in layers - onion, meat, onion, meat, onion.  Cover with cling wrap, sealing it to the plate as best you can.  From that point, I usually leave it in the refrigerator overnight, then set it out on the counter (still covered in plastic) to let it gradually warm up before cooking the meat.

The onion juice tenderizes the meat, and the multiple cuts lets the onion juice work its way into the meat, instead of just working on the meat near the surface.

Honey will also work similar to how the onion juice works.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:03:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mariner82] [#11]
Originally Posted By Win1300:
Apparently they've added an air raid siren to the great Canadian honkening.  I expect there will be video at some point. LOL.

View Quote
Oh FFS.  When I was a kid they used to test the air raid sirens every day at noon.  Nobody was "triggered."
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: daveo] [#12]
Protests may have started
Edit, have started
https://www.fox9.com/live
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By daveo:
Edit, have started
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-132.gif
View Quote

Gonna need some fires to keep warm!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By daveo:
Edit, have started
View Quote

Yup. That is lots of people.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anybody watchin the puck chuckin?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Then they support the death penalty for all murderers?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKum9l0acAARlP4?format=jpg&name=small

And their relatives.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

And their relatives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FKum9l0acAARlP4?format=jpg&name=small

And their relatives.

Purdy harsh, well here anyway.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Gopher:

I'm about 75 miles north of Ben. What we have here is 1/8 inch of ice covered by an inch of snow.  You guys in the cold states please don't laugh at us. Texas isn't prepared for this because it happens so infrequently. We may get one snow/ice event a year so plows and such don't make much sense. A buddy of mine in Flordia said it was 25 where he lived. Damn.
Blame it on climate change.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1670/IMG_0094_JPG-2266642.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1670/IMG_0093_JPG-2266644.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1670/IMG_0092_JPG-2266646.JPG
View Quote

Looks like your shade tree slid almost all the way down to the fence!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA
View Quote

I was waiting for that

it's on

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#22]
LIVE: Amir Locke protest in downtown Minneapolis
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#23]

If something like that ended up in court, it would be interesting to see how the issue of suppressing information and opinions would work into the ruling.
View All Quotes

It would be. I'm not sure JR would bring it that far.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#24]
The protest in MN is over already?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
The protest in MN is over already?
View Quote

still going

Justice for Amir Locke Protest in Downtown Minneapolis (February 5, 2022)
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:

I was waiting for that

it's on

View All Quotes

I was waiting for that

it's on

Like Donkey Kong!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Just have to wait for nightfall.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#29]

I was waiting for that

it's on

View All Quotes

I was waiting for that

it's on

Damn right, homie! Never forget where you come from.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m curious to see how the cold effects the conviction of those protesting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Hell yeah! By the way, I fixed your shitty, fucking, Corky from Like Goes On, link.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Musk has the ability, and his personality would seem to be the type that would decide to do something like that to mess with the people behind the existing platforms, but Mars probably has too much of his attention (at the moment, at least) for him to jump into that.  However, if the FAA keeps delaying his tests, and somebody decides that he needs to be censored, he just might decide to throw some money and time into something.
View Quote

Watching Elon get red-pilled has been fun. I'm not so certain of where Rogan is truly at philosophically. So far his response has been pretty meek. Now they served up an out of context video compilation of him dropping n bombs and he's all apologies.

Past 2+ years has been nuts with the virus (bio-weapon), race (commie) riots, election (coup). When they shut down Parler and this site, there was a real tense dystopian feel in the air. I thought it might be a watershed moment. Not yet.

Getting people to abandon the propagandist platforms and migrate to new freer ones in masse seems to be the big issue. I think a coalition of influencers/opinion leaders like Musk and Rogan could do that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#33]

I was waiting for that

it's on

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Mariner82:
Oh FFS.  When I was a kid they used to test the air raid sirens every day at noon.  Nobody was "triggered."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Win1300:
Apparently they've added an air raid siren to the great Canadian honkening.  I expect there will be video at some point. LOL.

After the big tornado went through downtown Nashville, a couple decades ago, they brought out the old civil defense sirens and repurposed them as tornado warning sirens.  They test them at noon on the first Saturday of the month.  If the wind is right, I can barely hear the one at an elementary school near the outer edge of the suburbs.  

Heard it today, looked at the clock, yep, noon.

Do they think people get triggered by the bells of clock towers, too?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:19:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-jedi] [#38]

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK1jA90XMAATwNA?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:07:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:09:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: limaxray] [#41]

View Quote

Keeping in mind that I not only wasn't jump qualified, but worked UNDERGROUND, what am I supposed to be seeing?

ETA:  Wait...I see it now. And If I know that's jacked up....  
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cwm1150] [#42]
Originally Posted By GS_mk2:
I’m curious to see how the cold effects the conviction of those protesting.
View Quote

Depends how much their Soros paychecks are.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#43]
Originally Posted By limaxray:

Keeping in mind that I not only wasn't jump qualified, but worked UNDERGROUND, what am I supposed to be seeing?

View All Quotes

I knew a few sport skydivers, back in the 1980s.  That's about the extent of my 'jump' qualifications.

Other than the manicure, what am I missing?

ETA: Is it the static line?  That seems an odd routing to me, but I don't know what the procedure is for how its manipulated between getting everything on, then later getting kicked out the door.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I know of several towns Northeast of Dallas that still sound theirs every day at 12 noon. Still kinda neat to hear.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

The cedar trees, no care.  The Granny Smith apple tree so far has proven durable. This was its 10th ice storm with nary a limb lost. The two Bradford pear trees in the front yard, I hold my breath every thunderstorm or change of wind direction. They are like hackberry trees, look at them wrong and a branch falls off.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:38:40 PM EDT
[#46]

The cedar trees, no care.  The Granny Smith apple tree so far has proven durable. This was its 10th ice storm with nary a limb lost. The two Bradford pear trees in the front yard, I hold my breath every thunderstorm or change of wind direction. They are like hackberry trees, look at them wrong and a branch falls off.
View All Quotes

Could be worse.  I've got some sycamores, with the largest one somewhere around 120 ft tall (my best estimate).  It randomly drops limbs just to say 'hi'.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

Thanks, champ. You get a cookie.
View Quote

Aw, shucks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:08:01 AM EDT
[#48]

ETA:  Wait...I see it now. And If I know that's jacked up.... I
View Quote
is it the yellow cord?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:55:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

I got bored today
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

FYI static line is not around neck.  End of static line that attaches to static line hook is pretty rigid.  
During in inspection of the reserve, the Jumpmaster grabs the reserve carrying handle and jerks it up to see its secure.  Static line hook is inspected and then pushed to the side (yellow static line below is quite rigid for about 8 inches).  JM continues inspection of jumper.

CD
Page / 5095
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top