Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:17:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:18:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:21:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dannylgriffin] [#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ezel:

I don't agree with the assessment at all.

Jesus said the following in Mark 2:23-27:

While this is concerning the Law of Moses, the principle is the same because of the root matter--if the law does not edify, establish righteousness, or if it causes detriment to man, who is made in the image of God, it is not a valid law.

The Founders, of whom many were professing Christians of the Protestant persuasion, didn't seem to think resistance to unjust laws was sinful, either. And, of course, only after all peaceful avenues were exhausted did we form up and take arms.

One would have to make the argument that God commands a Christian to do wickedness if laws require it. Should the Germans tried for war crimes at Nuremberg have been considered righteous for observing their rulers' laws?

Jesus is also described as attending a Hanukkah celebration (called the "Feast of Dedication" in NKJV) in John 10:22. Hanukkah is not one of the commanded original Jewish feasts, but was created to celebrate a victory won during the Maccabean revolt. The Seleucids probably saw their authority as lawful and fully justified. I would think the same Jesus Christ who taught to "render unto Caesar" would also condemn such a feast if it represented rebellion to God-instituted authority. He was not shy about condemning extra-Biblical traditions that were being taught as if they were equal with the written Word.

And, lastly, I would even submit to you that if the law of the land--the Constitution--can be said to be, broadly, a righteous document in it's intent and contents, and if the current rulers of the land, or the rulers of the land in MLK's day, were in contravention to it's precepts, then they were also in violation of the ordinance of God by this metric.

Romans 13:1-2 says the following:

I read this very differently than the Christians that cite this chapter as an excuse to allow themselves to be impeded and destroyed by out-of-control totalitarian systems. In America, the "governing authority" according to the Constitution is, ultimately, God himself as the author of our rights. Thus, anyone who denies any human being these rights, at least within the confines of US territory, by this reading anyway is contradicting the orders of God himself.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was just in refusing to be second class in a nation where all citizens are supposed to be esteemed equally by the laws.

EDIT:

Care to make a wager on who that is in my avatar, and what the painting is depicting him doing?

Jesus was far from a peacenick hippie. The overthrow of injustice is very much Biblical, because the character of God himself is righteous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dannylgriffin:

He was supposed to be an ordained minister.  Odd since that statement is not Biblical.

23 Now it happened that He went through the grainfields on the Sabbath; and as they went His disciples began to pluck the heads of grain. 24 And the Pharisees said to Him, “Look, why do they do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?”

25 But He said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he was in need and hungry, he and those with him: 26 how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?”

27 And He said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. 28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath.”

While this is concerning the Law of Moses, the principle is the same because of the root matter--if the law does not edify, establish righteousness, or if it causes detriment to man, who is made in the image of God, it is not a valid law.

The Founders, of whom many were professing Christians of the Protestant persuasion, didn't seem to think resistance to unjust laws was sinful, either. And, of course, only after all peaceful avenues were exhausted did we form up and take arms.

One would have to make the argument that God commands a Christian to do wickedness if laws require it. Should the Germans tried for war crimes at Nuremberg have been considered righteous for observing their rulers' laws?

Jesus is also described as attending a Hanukkah celebration (called the "Feast of Dedication" in NKJV) in John 10:22. Hanukkah is not one of the commanded original Jewish feasts, but was created to celebrate a victory won during the Maccabean revolt. The Seleucids probably saw their authority as lawful and fully justified. I would think the same Jesus Christ who taught to "render unto Caesar" would also condemn such a feast if it represented rebellion to God-instituted authority. He was not shy about condemning extra-Biblical traditions that were being taught as if they were equal with the written Word.

And, lastly, I would even submit to you that if the law of the land--the Constitution--can be said to be, broadly, a righteous document in it's intent and contents, and if the current rulers of the land, or the rulers of the land in MLK's day, were in contravention to it's precepts, then they were also in violation of the ordinance of God by this metric.

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will [a]bring judgment on themselves.

I read this very differently than the Christians that cite this chapter as an excuse to allow themselves to be impeded and destroyed by out-of-control totalitarian systems. In America, the "governing authority" according to the Constitution is, ultimately, God himself as the author of our rights. Thus, anyone who denies any human being these rights, at least within the confines of US territory, by this reading anyway is contradicting the orders of God himself.

Martin Luther King, Jr. was just in refusing to be second class in a nation where all citizens are supposed to be esteemed equally by the laws.

EDIT:

Care to make a wager on who that is in my avatar, and what the painting is depicting him doing?

Jesus was far from a peacenick hippie. The overthrow of injustice is very much Biblical, because the character of God himself is righteous.

I disagree with some of the things you say, but agree with others.  First of all, I think we both agree with this hierarchy of authority: God > Government

Where MLK erred, IMO, was his excuse of morality.  My morality is not the same as my next door neighbor's morality is not the same as Hezbollah's morality.  Some would say that exorbitant taxes are unfair and immoral, yet Jesus said pay them.  I would argue that slavery is immoral, yet what does the Bible say about how to treat your slaves and how the slaves should treat their masters?  I would say that the way women were treated in Biblical days (mostly) was immoral, but apparently Jesus didn't tell the women to revolt and throw off the shackles of male oppression.  Obviously I could go on and on.

I'm also glad you brought up Romans 13.  It is true, some Christians use this as an excuse to kowtow to any government.  As I said in my previous post, IMO our revolution was supported by Biblical facts.  (Some think that our revolution was un-Biblical.  IMO they are wrong).  Which, for brevity's sake, leads me to my last point:
I agree with this.  Why didn't MLK use this reasoning?  One simply can't state that something doesn't agree with their morality therefore it is wrong.  That is the same reasoning that Anitfa uses.

MLK should have had stronger reasoning to support his righteous positions.  When people have different morals, one simply can't use that as a reasoning.  As an ordained minister, he should have known better.  That is all I was saying.  Although I didn't go into the many reasons why, I was clear in my position that ministers had Biblical authority to support our revolution.

Thanks for the good convo.  I bet we're 99% in agreement.  Sometimes full meaning and intent isn't conveyed in short writing like this.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in replying.

EDIT: there's a left/center/right meme four posts above that is kinda appropriate here, but in another way.  Replace the political labels with spiritual labels.  We think we're closer to God (right side) than evil people (child rapists, murders, and leftists), but in God's eyes we are all on the left of his righteousness spectrum.  I think God's vision of us and what's important might be slightly different on occasion.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:23:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone want to show him some love.............feel free.  lol

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:28:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#20]
BLACK SABBATH - "Paranoid" (Official Video)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:43:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
View Quote

If you had asked him before all of this happened, if he knew it would come to this, would he have changed anything? I bet he'd say he wouldn't have.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 3:54:02 AM EDT
[#22]
"Souls of Black (Re-Recording)" - Testament
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#24]
All About That Bass - Postmodern Jukebox European Tour Version
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again '87 (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Anti hunting dipshit loosened the lugnuts on a buddy's truck when we were out hunting.  We didn't notice until the wheel / tire came off and bounced over the hill and the truck came to a halt.

While I went to retrieve the wheel, buddy walked back up the forest service road to recover as many lug nuts as he could find which is where the leathermn file comes into play fixing boogered up lugs.
View Quote

That is crazy that people take it that far. Good way to get the attention off of the poor woods dwelling critters though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Gonna charge that one storage fees?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By cody22:
What did yall do to Bethanymockingbird ?..................
View Quote

Isn't it snipe huntin season around Lubbock?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:37:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Just incase anyone wanted to know what a Fox armored car looks like with the ass ripped off.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/IMG_8931-1786140.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/IMG_1540-1786139.jpg
View Quote

just in for a set of plugs
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Stolen without shame.

Lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#33]

When the other candidates dropped out and handed Xiden the DNC I knew the fix was in. The Bernie bros and other supposedly anti establishment lefties fell in line on cue. 2016 was the same, but they grossly underestimated Trump's appeal. They weren't going to let that happen again.

Started thinking about J.Edgar Hoover while watching establishment republicans eat their own who questioned the election. The Q people may be a little off, but their overall appraisal of government is on the money and people who are intellectually honest see it. Never been a fan of Stewart Rhodes, but I'm glad he brought up old Hoover in his rant after the OK website was taken out.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Good Morning and Good Day

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

https://i.ibb.co/jV24Kc0/dawndeer2.jpg
View Quote

Nice young buck.

CD
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

what's in the box?
View Quote

I am a bit late on the response but....

A few parts for my reloading table and a few parts for my HAM setup.  I should have a new bench coming tomorrow (not from amazon).  Then I have to build a top for it with T-track to mount my inline fab mount.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#38]

EDIT:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#39]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUP, RIIIIIIOT SQUAAAAAD !!!!!!!!....................There , I feel better now..........
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

https://i.ibb.co/jV24Kc0/dawndeer2.jpg
View Quote

Soon
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:54:35 AM EDT
[#42]
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUUUP, RIIIIIIOT SQUAAAAAD !!!!!!!!....................There , I feel better now..........
View Quote

Throws empty whiskey bottle.....SHUT UP CODY
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By FCSD2162:

I feel like this thread has really broadened my horizons.
View All Quotes

I dunno. She's cute; but did I just watch a dude headbang to Haddaway?
Yes you did

I feel like this thread has really broadened my horizons.
Mama Cass approves.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I’ve already been at work 4 hours
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By stoner01:

Throws empty whiskey bottle.....SHUT UP CODY
View Quote

Damn whippersnappers "party all night" and "sleep all day"......................
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#48]
It amazes me hat so many people that are normally quiet have said fuck it here it what I think., Always support those who are willing to stand with you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I think the normally less interested are pissed. I'm on several fishing and boating boards, and it seems to be the trend.
It amazes me hat so many people that are normally quiet have said fuck it here it what I think., Always support those who are willing to stand with you.
No question more people are being vocal, and I believe in direct response to the actions taken against free speech, assembly, etc.
However, it is approaching the time when talking the talk will give way to having to walk the walk. Time will tell who is willing to do Patriot things when that time arrives.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, let's not forget the liquor in the trunk.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:
Anyone want to show him some love.............feel free.  lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EsEy8WEWMAEx53x?format=png&name=small
View Quote

That's right buttercup. Everywhere
Page / 5083
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top