BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2023 8:22:03 PM EDT

Rick Wright - Broken China Interview

Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I just read his bio on Wikipedia yesterday. Seems like he was a nice guy and well liked. Just wanted to play music.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Rick Wright was fucked over by Roger Waters.
David Gilmore was a true friend to the end.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:08:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Great album. Snowy White on guitar.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rick Wright was fucked over by Roger Waters.
David Gilmore was a true friend to the end.
View Quote

Roger Waters might be a creative dude, certainly a lyrical genius, but he is a massive asshole. He also needed the other three from PF pretty badly, upon listening to anything he's done after 'The Wall.'

The Final Cut has a few good moment's but they are all Dave Gilmore. Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking is full ass, even with Eric Clapton. Radio KAOS is OK in some parts I guess, but mostly Roger breathing poetry on the mic over synth bob shit.

Amused to Death is actually kinda good somehow, but still sparse on the musical quality.

To me, he and Dave Mustaine occupy the same space in my head. Clever and creative, but need the help of others to be truly great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top