[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That looks like a man.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just surprised all the Mexicans were skinny enough to fit in the stud bays, assuming they used regular metal stud framing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I think what the filmmaker was trying to accomplish/convey with that raid imagery/aftermath/discovery is that the horror is here in America but hidden, even in an otherwise idyllic, normal-looking middle-class neighborhood.

As the team was moving into place, someone was out walking their dog.  Just a rando neighbor, totally clueless as to what was happening in the house next door.

You're right--logistically for a cartel it makes no sense, but when you experience the film, you look past the weak logic behind the imagery and understand what the imagery is trying to convey.

As long as we're poking holes, the entire assassination scene makes no sense--but the filmmaker wanted/needed to have a sense of continuity to the action, rather than jumping from time/place to another time/place--and the Mexican layer had to be the one to do it (alone) for dramatic reasons.  

It would have been (dramatically) far less satisfying to the narrative if a crew of twelve half-drunk messican shooters in an up-armored pickup had just driven through the gate and laid waste randomly to the entire compound.  It had to be Benicio Del Toro (and alone) to obey the laws of satisfying drama.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 10:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
i know how to put 285-lbs on her fast.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I can. It’s… unpleasant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't imagine the stink from decomposing bodies inside an occupied interior space.
I can. It’s… unpleasant.

How about trying a fragmentation grenade. Of course no one has been able to tell me their experience after the fact me how bad it it was.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think what the filmmaker was trying to accomplish/convey with that raid imagery/aftermath/discovery is that the horror is here in America but hidden, even in an otherwise idyllic, normal-looking middle-class neighborhood.

As the team was moving into place, someone was out walking their dog.  Just a rando neighbor, totally clueless as to what was happening in the house next door.

You're right--logistically for a cartel it makes no sense, but when you experience the film, you look past the weak logic behind the imagery and understand what the imagery is trying to convey.

As long as we're poking holes, the entire assassination scene makes no sense--but the filmmaker wanted/needed to have a sense of continuity to the action, rather than jumping from time/place to another time/place--and the Mexican layer had to be the one to do it (alone) for dramatic reasons.  

It would have been (dramatically) far less satisfying to the narrative if a crew of twelve half-drunk messican shooters in an up-armored pickup had just driven through the gate and laid waste randomly to the entire compound.  It had to be Benicio Del Toro (and alone) to obey the laws of satisfying drama.
View Quote

I like your symbolism but the corpses weren’t in a advanced state of decomposition and were were just starting to get ripe; they hadn’t been walled up very long.

I say it was a way to store the corpses short term.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That looks like a man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That looks like a man.

I imagine that in Mrs. Swans voice from MAD tv.
“He looooook like aaaaa man!”
??
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Someone might keep the shovel.
Kharny
View Quote

The shovels were locked in the basement of the shed out back!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]
They were trying to be energy efficient.  Bodies provide excellent insulation. Probably have a R of 30 or so….
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It also established part of BDT’s backstory.

I’d love to see a prequel with how he became who he is in Sicario.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Why did Littlefinger fill up a bus with bodies hanging like summer sausage and then bury the bus in the series Mayor of Kingstown?

That didn't make any sense, either.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
It would have been funny to wall them up with some Amontillado.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Makes for good movie
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Tap tap tap.

Fucking awesome movie.
"Sicario" - Border Scene HD

I have kind of a man boner for Steve Forsing.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think her character is perfect, her juxtaposition against Alejandro and Matt makes the movie. If she had been some unrealistic badass the movie wouldn’t have been nearly as interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i love the 2 movies, one of the best and the soundtrack - but emily blunt is annoying with her SJW bullshit in the movie and in real life.

I think her character is perfect, her juxtaposition against Alejandro and Matt makes the movie. If she had been some unrealistic badass the movie wouldn’t have been nearly as interesting.

Attachment Attached File

Yeah they could have wrote her in as a gun slinging, karate fighting, cartel killing badass and the movie would’ve automatically become a steaming pile of retarded horse shit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would someone drywall up some bodies into a wall? I assume  It would stink and liquify and ruin the walls anyway in  pretry short time.

Also that isnt Chandler.

View Quote

Reminds me I need to see this movie from the beginning.

Reference “Chandler” as in Arizona?

Who knows. Lots of illegals in Arizona.

To your point. It’s a fucking movie. (Ie: Air conditioning works very well to keep corpses in check)

Here in Phoenix, we call Parker & Sons for all our a/c concerns.

Maybe the movie eluded to that.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Why did those guys think they could glide through a check point with rifles on their laps?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd guess it would be a temporary way to store bodies for the cartel

Or maybe just a more practical way than moving the bodies however many miles to the desert
Just kill em and stash them in cartel properties, abandon property when done
View Quote
That was my thought.  They probably came into the house alive.  No moving bodies around and risk getting pulled over or caught burying them.

Had the house not been raided, it may have just sat there vacant for years after the cartel people moved out.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#21]
You're asking me how a watch works. For now we'll just keep an eye on the time...
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Studs for walls are 1 1/2" X 3 1/2"
How many bodies are skinny enough to be 3 1/2 inches in depth standing up?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they were Guatemalans and not Mexicans?
And as someone that nearly had a heart attack just digging a turtle pond for my wife, screw burying the bodies.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuckin builders probably didnt even follow code.

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

To your point. It’s a fucking movie. (Ie: Air conditioning works very well to keep corpses in check)

View Quote

Spent a lot of time in Chandler. That wasnt chandler. More like casa grande.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Assuming they would eventually be found maybe it was a bit of a mind fuck thing. Don't cartels have a history of doing humiliating things to bodies to make themselves even more fearful?
View Quote

Yeah, try moving into that neighborhood and not wondering if there are people in the walls. I go with mindfuck.

Fire/ explosion would still leave remains no?

16” oc studs wouldn’t fit a person let alone 2x4 construction.

More like 24” or 19.2 oc and 2x8 min.

Seems like an organized way to keep bodies though. Like their own little caskets pre made.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That looks like a man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That looks like a man.

Then I guess I want to have anal with  that “man”
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 1:58:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
i love the 2 movies, one of the best and the soundtrack - but emily blunt is annoying with her SJW bullshit in the movie and in real life.
View Quote

So an FBI agent who wants to follow the law and proper procedure is bad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

IIRC they used metal stud framing in the movie.

We use a lot of ClarkDietrich, so I'm familiar with their offerings. They're largest Prostud is 6" for interior partitions. Past that you're looking at cold formed structural studs. They're largest I think is 12" or 14". Any of that is highly unusual for 8' partition walls. I'd say that house was custom framed for dead Mexican storage.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

her character was perfect, she was an Affirmative Action hire, promoted to a position several layers above her ability where she was a hazard both to herself and her team members
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

IIRC they used metal stud framing in the movie.

We use a lot of ClarkDietrich, so I'm familiar with their offerings. They're largest Prostud is 6" for interior partitions. Past that you're looking at cold formed structural studs. They're largest I think is 12" or 14". Any of that is highly unusual for 8' partition walls. I'd say that house was custom framed for dead Mexican storage.
View Quote

Did you see a sign outside of my house saying "Dead Mexican Storage" or something??

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad, no.  Scarce as hen’s teeth?  Yes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

her character was perfect, she was an Affirmative Action hire, promoted to a position several layers above her ability where she was a hazard both to herself and her team members
View Quote

She was to represent the "innocent" wanting to "play by the rules" against enemies who had absolutely NO rules.

Matt, Alejandro & the "Team" knew what was   what   ...  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Tried to rationalize it and just decided to enjoy the movie..

after all, it's only a movie.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll never get over Casa Grande.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Dry aged?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assuming they would eventually be found maybe it was a bit of a mind fuck thing. Don't cartels have a history of doing humiliating things to bodies to make themselves even more fearful?

Yeah, try moving into that neighborhood and not wondering if there are people in the walls. I go with mindfuck.

Seems like an organized way to keep bodies though. Like their own little caskets pre made.

Dry aged?

Jerky? For preservation?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#39]
This clip of cgi used in movie was cool
SICARIO | VFX Breakdown by Oblique FX (2015)
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Plot device.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:12:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I tried to watch that movie but just turned it off about halfway when they started with the love story garbage.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I was visiting my uncle in Chandler 2 weeks before the nationwide debut.  

I couldn't figure out why it was playing in so many theaters around him until that scene.  

FYI it was also the of the blood moon and I got to see that through a camera van in a Hampton Inn parking lot in Tucson.  I bought 4 cases of beer and the entire hotel came out to party in the parking lot..

That may be my favorite memory of my 4 week road trip around the country.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#44]
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Sicario. The drama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the story will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Sicario's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Sicario truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sicario's existential catchphrase which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ??
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#45]
They also drove forward into the house, but the back of the MRAP came through the wall.  Dumbest entry technique ever.

Delta wouldn't be wearing PVS 14s with skull crushers, hell I'm better equipped.

They also don't have plates in their plate carriers.

Still and outrageously badass movie.

I would not pull out of Emily Blunt after I disappointed her.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Reading between the lines… they needed someone like her who would “go along” with what they were doing. She was vulnerable, because she wanted to be one of the cool guys, and also didn’t have the fortitude to put a stop to what she viewed as wrong. I think her character was well done.

She wanted to be “one of the guys” so bad that it wasn’t even a red flag when they were like “we want you for this operation because you’re such an elite operator on your regional FBI SWAT team that all these Delta operators just have to have you on the team…”
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Spoiler alert:

[Spoiler]the war on drugs and the government  is the villain in the film and in real life [/spoiler]

At least they look cool though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dry aged?

Jerky? For preservation?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/170924/jamon_iberico-2267966.jpg

Seen that on an outdoor show ‘Nicks Wild Ride’. I think it may have been aged much longer maybe 15yrs or so. I would not be able to eat it even though it is sliced transparent thin. Looks gross.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#50]
it's a shit story where a guy kills children to get revenge against their father.  the sicario is trash and retroactively deserves what happened to him.
Page / 4
Top Top