Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2020 7:16:30 PM EDT
Just got this the other day, and I have to say I am completely underwhelmed.  The game just doesn't really keep me interested.  Anyone else play this and I'm missing something?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I played about an hour and got bored of it and gave it back.
For Resident Evil, I guess I'm invested in the original characters and this game threw me off.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I hadn't played any of the RE games before, but was looking for something to kill time and this had gotten pretty good reviews so I figured it was worth a shot.  I find myself playing for like a half hour or so at at time and then get bored and turn it off.  I'm glad to know it wasn't just me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it was ok.

It definitely does not have a Resident Evil vibe though. It has the trappings like the goofy puzzle logic, the inventory system, the bullet spongy enemies, and it even has the stilted hammy characters and plot... but it plays more like one of those first person horror games like Soma or Alien Isolation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Probably doesn't help that I'm stuck on the same scene and it gets old playing it over and over to the point that I don't even want to play it more that a couple of times before I get sick of it.  Even before that though I didn't find myself getting drawn into the game like I did with the last games I've played ... Witcher 3, Tomb Raiders and Quantum Break.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Where are you stuck?

The beginning of the game is very shitty and it forces you into a bunch of defenseless sneaky hiding segments followed by a really obnoxious boss fight before it lets you into the "real" game.

Then again the more I think about it the game is kind of a long chain of really obnoxious segments strung together by a tolerable FPS-afied Resident Evil game. It definitely doesn't flow as well as the RE2 remake does.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
Where are you stuck?

The beginning of the game is very shitty and it forces you into a bunch of defenseless sneaky hiding segments followed by a really obnoxious boss fight before it lets you into the "real" game.

Then again the more I think about it the game is kind of a long chain of really obnoxious segments strung together by a tolerable FPS-afied Resident Evil game. It definitely doesn't flow as well as the RE2 remake does.
View Quote

I think it is that really obnoxious boss fight that I"m stuck on, the fight in the morgue with the chainsaws. I get to the part where he mutates but then die after that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JayJay4735:

I think it is that really obnoxious boss fight that I"m stuck on, the fight in the morgue with the chainsaws. I get to the part where he mutates but then die after that.
View Quote

The obnoxious boss I was referring to was the fight with him in the garage, when you had pretty much no weapons and everything you tried wound up backfiring on you.

I remember that version of the boss in the morgue being a bitch though... I don't remember exactly how to fight him. All I remember is chainsaws and knocking hanging body bags into him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

The obnoxious boss I was referring to was the fight with him in the garage, when you had pretty much no weapons and everything you tried wound up backfiring on you. 

I remember that version of the boss in the morgue being a bitch though... I don't remember exactly how to fight him. All I remember is chainsaws and knocking hanging body bags into him.
View Quote

Yeah the garage fight sucked, but this one is much harder.  Yeah knocking bags into him and using the chainsaw seems to be the way to go but he just outlasts me every time.  If I don't get past this scene soon I'm saying fuck it and getting Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Red Dead 2
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
R E 2 is much better.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought RE7 was more a survival horror game that fit the genre better then the action arcade game RE6.

I would replay RE7 long before i would touch RE6 again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought it when it first came out. I thought the graphics could be considerably better.

I had no idea the entire game is vr compatible.

Played it again and loved it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top