Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2019 9:29:59 AM EDT
Question for the few that understand the new BRS retirement criteria:

Was prior active duty(enlisted 2011), then went national guard, and now want to go back active duty. I never had a break in service. I never switched from the Legacy system to the BRS system during the opting in period.

If I go back active duty am I automatically enrolled into the BRS system, or grandfathered into the Legacy system?
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#1]
you stay with the choice you made, legacy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you stay with the choice you made, legacy.
View Quote
Thanks for the response. Can you point me to a document which says so? I have contacted HRC, DFAS, and recruiting offices which all gave me zero answers and continue to refer me to the other offices.

Can someone point me to solid documentation please?
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
NOT AN EXPERT

if you have never selected to change and are still in the NG, they can't change for you just because you switch components.  If you have had a break in service,(Which you state you did not) the only choice might be the new system at this point.

Think of your going AD as you being deployed, they wouldn't change your retirement system Just Because...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top