Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 7:21:53 PM EDT
I recently bought a new 4Runner and the package I chose came with a ugly badge on the tailgate. On past history I've just used a skinny grocery store card to get it started then pulled it off. I did the same this time and then cleaned off the residue with a little GooGone spray. This time however I've got a few small surface scratches and the GooGone made a circular pattern. Will a new detailing and wax fix the circular pattern from wiping? Also what's everyone using for surface scratches on black. I normally wouldn't care but it's a month old.

Other than that I'm loving it

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch/read this...Chemical Guys on which compound to use and how.

I recently bought a 2013 Corolla with some minor scratches...used the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound with good results. Followed up with a coat or two of synthetic car wax. Here...or any auto store
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watch/read this...Chemical Guys on which compound to use and how.

I recently bought a 2013 Corolla with some minor scratches...used the Meguiar's Ultimate Compound with good results. Followed up with a coat or two of synthetic car wax. Here...or any auto store
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If polish doesn't work try wet sanding with 3k and 5k grit then polish.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Meguires ScratchX applied with a double action polisher or by hand. That will work well on cloudy headlights as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top