BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trash ammo in my opinion, but it should help the market stabilize hopefully.

I’m honestly surprised the foreign ammo market hasn’t picked up and flooded the market
View Quote

Foreign factories couldn't get primers from China either.  That whole Wuhan flu thing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:04:16 AM EDT
[#2]
About damn time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't imagine it will make a large impact, unless they had a huge stockpile of raw materials sitting in limbo/storage while the legal stuff was sorted, and they don't have to worry about sourcing powder, primers, etc. If they're going to be drawing from the same limited supply as everyone else, their final product will be just as expensive as everyone else's to warrant operating the machinery and paying wages.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Been using CoreLokt hunting ammunition for decades. It has never failed me.
.30/.30, .30 06, .243. Am down to my last few boxes in each caliber.

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine was complaining his .380 would not feed properly with the brands of ammo he was using in it. I gave him a box of Remington. He called me yesterday and said it fed them flawlessly.

In regards to Remington .22 rimfire, I refuse to use it; any of it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Years ago, when Sportmart was still in business, I bought a case of green-boxed Rem 22LR, they shot really good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I can finally get some 30.40 Krag ammo now.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:46:15 AM EDT
[#7]
All for Remington to get ammo at full production.

We all want more ammunition for sport, and target practice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I need some affordable 300 AAC Blackout ammo. I got into it just before the panic and was unable to stock up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:51:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped. This is unmitigated bullshit!
Remington stopped paying its vendors and then the would only send product on a COD basis!
This was company wide!
Not just Lonoke but all plants were affected by gross mismanagement and corporate raiders raiding the company for every last dime they could wring out of Remington.
View Quote

Well, stiffing your suppliers is definitely a supply chain issue.

ETA: While I haven't bought any in the past couple of years, Remington was always my go to .22 plinking ammo. I could always safely buy, say, a 550 pack and feel confident that I'd get 550 shots out of it. Winchester, OTOH, I could practically count on a 3-4% failure rate from any given box.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:22:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

“It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality.”
View Quote

Too late. That ship sailed decades ago. Maybe Vista can revive the brand, but the brand itself isn't exactly known for quality at this point.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dear "Remington":

Know the market.  Plinker 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and 9mm.  Don't waste time with 45 GAP and 30-30 Win.  

Sincerely,

Fucking everyone.
View Quote

Shut you're whore mouth there cowboy, I'll take some 30-30.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
9mm
12g

That’s all they need to make. Focus on those calibers only.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
9mm
12g

View Quote

And .17 fireball , .221 fireball
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#15]
With Federal taking over I wonder if the Golden sabre and other of remingtons  line will be replaced with federal items.  Other than light loaded 9MM green box, I have not had any problems with Remington ammo. We had gotten some of the Border Patrols 155 grain .40 years ago and we were impressed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cmon primers!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
With Federal taking over I wonder if the Golden sabre and other of remingtons  line will be replaced with federal items.  Other than light loaded 9MM green box, I have not had any problems with Remington ammo. We had gotten some of the Border Patrols 155 grain .40 years ago and we were impressed.
View Quote

They still make Gold Dot and Lawman under Speer, so I doubt it'd change
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I just wish I could get 1000 7 1/2s and be fine. Wanna reload some mk262 with my grandpa before he dies
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Their rimfire is far from the best, but I've never had a problem with their shotshells or centerfire ammo. I've used tons of their STS and Sport load/Gun Club target shells over the years. UMC pistol ammo is just as good as any of the other brand's value ammo like WWB, PMC Bronze, cheap Federal or Blazer Brass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nice....glad they are up and running....we need more ammo in this Country....I hope people have learned and are going to stock up.
View Quote

We don't need more dipshit neckbeards who will stack 20,000 rounds of ammo for the coming "civil war".
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I thought (and I may be mistaken) is one major rate limiting production issue is primer availability. 4 companies make almost all of the primers and their production are prioritizing deliveries to ammo production vs selling to reloaders.

If they aren't making primers at the facility then I doubt there is going to much difference in centerfire round availability/price drop until demand drops on the consumer end.  
View Quote

If they make .22lr they make 22 primer compound on site.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Never been impressed with any Rem ammo in the past 20+ years.

I agree that the Rem Golden (mostly the bulk packed stuff) is just horrid trash .

I will make one point for the young fellers .

I am older than dirt and started reading gun mags back in the early 1970's about the time I was buying .22s for the only gun I had.

The remington golden (which originally only came in 100 count boxes) was about everyone's go to ammo. If you had a problem gun everyone would advise you to try some Remington Golden! At that point it was fairly accurate , clean and reliable .

Would be nice to see them crank out some decent reliable stuff
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I nearly cried when I saw them.

Ammo Shortage in Alaska | April 15th 2021 | THE MOST AMMO I''VE SEEN

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Their rimfire is far from the best, but I've never had a problem with their shotshells or centerfire ammo. I've used tons of their STS and Sport load/Gun Club target shells over the years. UMC pistol ammo is just as good as any of the other brand's value ammo like WWB, PMC Bronze, cheap Federal or Blazer Brass.
View Quote

I've always preferred UMC to WWB. Seem to run into fewer OAL issues.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dupe?  (I searched, but we know how the search feature works.)

---------------------------
The Remington ammunitions plant in Lonoke is back in operation, Remington Outdoors President Jason Vanderbrink told American Rifleman on Monday.

Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped.

But following the bankruptcy, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased most of Remington's trademarks along with the Lonoke plant, one of the largest ammunitions facilities in the country.  

Vanderbrink told American Rifleman that production now is "flowing," and Vista intends to prioritize the plant.

"You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves," he said. "We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back. Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington's going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke makes.

"It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality."
--------------------------

Link

What ammo do they make there?
View Quote

LGS had Remington 9mm on teh shelf today.  At least 5,000 plus many more cases.  48cpr.  That's hard no from me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Remington ammunitions plant in Lonoke is back in operation, Remington Outdoors President Jason Vanderbrink told American Rifleman on Monday.

Remington Outdoors declared bankruptcy in 2020 after supply-chain issues made it difficult for the company to obtain the raw materials needed to fulfill its orders. Employees were laid off and production lines stopped.

But following the bankruptcy, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased most of Remington’s trademarks along with the Lonoke plant, one of the largest ammunitions facilities in the country.  

Vanderbrink told American Rifleman that production now is “flowing,” and Vista intends to prioritize the plant.

“You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves,” he said. “We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back. Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington’s going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke makes.

“It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality.”

Link

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

UMC goes bang perfectly fine, but with all the sparks and soot it makes, it may as well be loaded with black powder.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Vista Outdoors can't get Federal and Speer ammo on shelfs in any decent amounts.
They need to stop introducing new products such as Federal's Punch line and the Whole Remington line until they catch up with demand for their basic lines.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Local shop here finally had Remington Range Buckets of 9mm, 40, .22LR and 45 and ALOT of it. I grabbed one of course.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I drive past that plant now and again on I-30. It always looked fairly new to me. I guess it had been there quite a while.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I drive past that plant now and again on I-30. It always looked fairly new to me. I guess it had been there quite a while.
View Quote

Since 1970 and has its own exit off I-40.  

Now that Remington, CCI/Speer and Federal are all under the Vista umbrella, the main difference is upper management.  Remington, under Freedom group and Cerberus made dumb decisions.  Remember that Federal was weak some years back and CCI bought them.  That's like the mouse buying the elephant.

Jason Vanderbrink used to be a sales guy for Remington.  He's a very smart guy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
For whatever reason my g44 eats golden bullets up. Bring em on.
View Quote

So does my TX 22. Not very accurate with them, but they go bang 99.99% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

UMC goes bang perfectly fine, but with all the sparks and soot it makes, it may as well be loaded with black powder.
View Quote

Their .357 and .44 Mag loads make some of the biggest fireballs out of my revolvers. The concussion from them on indoor ranges makes everyone stop and ask what the hell you are shooting.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I -40, not I-30.

Just East of Little Rock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#35]
What about 30 Remington AR I am going to need more at some point.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But following the bankruptcy, Vista Outdoor, parent company of Federal Premium, purchased most of Remington's trademarks along with the Lonoke plant, one of the largest ammunitions facilities in the country.  

Vanderbrink told American Rifleman that production now is "flowing," and Vista intends to prioritize the plant.

"You know what? I am sick and tired of not being able to find Remington ammunition on the shelves," he said. "We are fixing that. American manufacturing is about to roar, and Remington ammunition is back. Our workforce is doing fantastic, and our raw material suppliers have really come through, so now, Remington's going 24/7, and everyone will get to enjoy the quality ammunition that Lonoke makes.

"It took 205 years to build this brand, and we will never, ever sacrifice quality."

Link

View Quote
Vista is so tuned in to the market and current events that they camped on their fat asses with one of the nations top munitions assets sitting there doors locked. Fuck Vista
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm old.  Growing up, a box of 50 Long Rifles cost fifty cents.

Funny, back then they all went bang.

I bought a case of five thousand Army surplus 1996 white box Remington at the Camp Perry CMP store at the 1999 National Matches for fifty bucks.  Every damn round went off the first time.  For Army surplus stuff it was very accurate from 40Xs, 41s, and High Standards.

I have since bought all kinds of different .22 Long Rifle -- some of it horrible trash, with upwards of 10 percent (maybe more) duds per bulk box.  Remington seemed the biggest culprit for crap.

What the hell has happened to American quality control?

I've bought lots of Euro .22 LR and all of it goes bang, and the tendency is for all the bullets to go in the same hole at 50 feet.  At 25, 50, and 100 yards mostly in the 10 and X-ring when fired from target guns.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I thought (and I may be mistaken) is one major rate limiting production issue is primer availability. 4 companies make almost all of the primers and their production are prioritizing deliveries to ammo production vs selling to reloaders.

If they aren't making primers at the facility then I doubt there is going to much difference in centerfire round availability/price drop until demand drops on the consumer end.  
View Quote

They make primers in house. Shot too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#39]

I don’t shoot a lot of Remington ammo except for their shotgun shells.  No problems with them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#40]
That last paragraph sounded like a Trump speech.

I loved it but sounded like cheerleading
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Nice, I really like the Golden Saber 124gr +P JHP Blackbelt ammo they came out with years ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#42]
At a dollar plus a round.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We don't need more dipshit neckbeards who will stack 20,000 rounds of ammo for the coming "civil war".
View Quote

@TheNorth
So how much ammo should a person have on hand before you decide they have to much?

It's fucks that don't prep that bitch about ammo prices or limits.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone ever think about the Cerberus/Freedom Group?  They go out and buy Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster, DPMS, H&R, AAC and who know how many others I’ve missed.  They buy all these gun companies and ALL OF THEM GO BROKE during the biggest gun and ammo buying frenzy in recorded history.

Soros couldn’t have done it better, or maybe he did?

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:19:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
At a dollar plus a round.
View Quote

Even for golden twunty too's
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
9mm
12g

View Quote

300 blackout would be a high profit potential if they're set up to make it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
For whatever reason my g44 eats golden bullets up. Bring em on.
View Quote

Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone else concerned about how much ammo production Vista Outdoors now owns?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone else concerned about how much ammo production Vista Outdoors now owns?
View Quote

No...
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:34:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hahahahhahahha they will say the same BS as ATK. "They are all going to production of Ammunition". Right. So where's all this ammo?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cmon primers!!!

Hahahahhahahha they will say the same BS as ATK. "They are all going to production of Ammunition". Right. So where's all this ammo?

At one time, if I recall, the feds were buying/stock piling ALL the ammo to keep it outta da hands of da peeps.  Is that still happening.  Hey, you FEDS READING THIS..... please inform us...... TYVM
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top