Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Along with Rock River

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hello fellow pandemic gun buyer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
yup, sucks too because their 2011 looks promising.. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:28:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Then they defunded the group, claimed they didn't know everything they were up to, spent money campaigning against the bill the group supported, and the bill ultimately died.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Then they defunded the group, claimed they didn't know everything they were up to, spent money campaigning against the bill the group supported, and the bill ultimately died.
View Quote

Yep.  But that's not what the basement dwellers remember lol.

Remember Bill Ruger? Remember S&W clinton locks?   They love to hate some brand for something.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Is this copium from Staccato stans?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having first attacked TheTruthAboutGus.com (no affiliation). as an "activist website" to other firearm media outlets.

Vile.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Having first attacked TheTruthAboutGus.com (no affiliation). as an "activist website" to other firearm media outlets.

Vile.
View Quote

To be fair to Springfield, TTAG are pretty much sensationalist clickbait 50% of the time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Why did they do that?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]
And then the community gave them a big ol' pimp slap and put them in their place. I passed on them around the time and bought from a competitor instead. I'm not saying Springfield is in "good graces" now but I'm not boycotting them forever.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Remember when this site didn’t have any retread 22 accounts?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
IMO the ONLY reason they fired their lobbyist and spent money campaigning against the bill is because the truth came out.  You mean to tell me they give this lobbyist tons of money to lobby on their behalf and they had NO idea what he/she was doing?  Bullshit

IIRC SA and RRA had a carve out in the bill so they would not have been impacted but damn near every other seller would have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Vile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vile.

Seems like a reasonable response to a smear campaign
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Well they’re doing a great job keeping the SA-35 out of the hands of the public….
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
IMO the ONLY reason they fired their lobbyist and spent money campaigning against the bill is because the truth came out.  You mean to tell me they give this lobbyist tons of money to lobby on their behalf and they had NO idea what he/she was doing?  Bullshit

IIRC SA and RRA had a carve out in the bill so they would not have been impacted but damn near every other seller would have.
View Quote

This and this. They only backpedaled because they got caught.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

To be fair to Springfield, TTAG are pretty much sensationalist clickbait 50% of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vile.

Doesn't Farago have a shady reputation?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish Robbie would walk away from them.

The money is corrupting his ideals.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]
nice troll post, but yes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#21]
If I lived my life based on what Arf hates, I’d be naked, hungry and homeless.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I also remember Colts small pin / large pin and sear blocks. Bill Ruger not selling standard capacity mags to us lowly civilians because we didn't " need" them, and S&W and the "Hillary Hole".
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Getting caught sucks, cost them a bunch of penitence spending and they still did not get the monopoly they wanted
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, never forget that your family's safety trumps a virtue signaling boycott for a company's past transgressions.

Not directed at anyone in particular, just something for all to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I remember, I will only buy used springfields if it's something I really like.  Case in point, always wanted their lw champion operator, then it became discontinued and used market on them went retarded.  Finally stumbled onto a lnib model in a hole in the wall shop....for 675.00, couldn't fill out 4473 fast enough, lol.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Also, never forget that your family's safety trumps a virtue signaling boycott for a company's past transgressions.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no way in hell you'd be hungry.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]
As far as I’m concerned, SAI was shitty before then.

They took the name of the government arsenal without any ties to it. No employees, no buildings, no machinery.

Then they call themselves “the first name in American firearms.”  Clearly trying to claim some history. Fuck you, you started up in the 70s. Then they make clones. Oh wait, they outsource a lot of their stuff to places like Brazil?  Then they import the HS2000, jack up the price and sell as the XD. American firearms my ass.

Then the aforementioned IFMA happens. “It wasn’t us, it was the organization!”  That organization is made up of YOU. You didn’t know what you were doing?  Now you’re trying to play me for a sucker even more.

The company would have to change ownership, name, marketing, and business practices for me to spend a dime with them.

Ruger has been forgiven. SAI will not likely be.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of people here are some of the biggest 2 faced hypocrites out there. It would make cancel culture libs blush with how selective their outrage can be.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As far as I’m concerned, SAI was shitty before then.

They took the name of the government arsenal without any ties to it. No employees, no buildings, no machinery.

Then they call themselves “the first name in American firearms.”  Clearly trying to claim some history. Fuck you, you started up in the 70s. Then they make clones. Oh wait, they outsource a lot of their stuff to places like Brazil?  Then they import the HS2000, jack up the price and sell as the XD. American firearms my ass.

Then the aforementioned IFMA happens. “It wasn’t us, it was the organization!”  That organization is made up of YOU. You didn’t know what you were doing?  Now you’re trying to play me for a sucker even more.

The company would have to change ownership, name, marketing, and business practices for me to spend a dime with them.

Ruger has been forgiven. SAI will not likely be.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, because there are no other options either priced at, above or below their offerings; that is unless you need to be reminded of where to grip the handgun . . . in that case, I think you're right . . . no other company has literally (and not figuratively) labeled where to put your hands on a firearm:

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

August 2022er, eh?

Remember when it turned out there was more to the story?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Armory,_Inc.
In 2017, the company faced controversy during consideration in the Illinois state legislature of a bill (SB-1657) that would restrict firearms transfers within the state. An organization that Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms—both based in Illinois—provided funding to the Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association (IFMA), initially opposed the bill.[23] Following efforts by IFMA's lobbyist, the bill was amended to exempt Illinois-based manufacturers, apparently in exchange for IFMA dropping its opposition to the bill.[23] This action created "tremendous customer backlash" as the deal was made "at the expense of everyday gun owners".[24] This was followed by the IFMA being dissolved and the companies subsequently opposing SB-1657, which was eventually vetoed.[24]

Springfield Armory quickly reacted once the actions of the IFMA were revealed to the company, with the company releasing the following statement from Reese: "I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated. Springfield Armory ... was not aware of the actions taken by trade association, IFMA, until after the fact."[25]
View Quote

Rock River and Springfield both make/import good guns in my experience too.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, I have a few SA guns and they do make good guns IMO. I have no problem buying on the secondary market, just not new.

B
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Wasn't Ruger involved in that shitshow too?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wasn't Ruger involved in that shitshow too?
View Quote

No, Rock River Arms was the other (treasonous) company.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder if SA will ever actually design their own gun?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I also remember Colts small pin / large pin and sear blocks. Bill Ruger not selling standard capacity mags to us lowly civilians because we didn't " need" them, and S&W and the "Hillary Hole".
View Quote

Gaston seems fond of microprinting/microstamping as well, Daniel Defense and Troy, the list goes on and on...

...and yet the same people will shit all over PSA despite legitimately being one of, if not the most, 2A supportive manufacturers out there.

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A lot of people here are some of the biggest 2 faced hypocrites out there. It would make cancel culture libs blush with how selective their outrage can be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's funny when a streaming service gets canceled, and everyone just switches back to the last one that got canceled
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#39]
The grip zone is now the no FFL zone. FSA
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This and this. They only backpedaled because they got caught.
View Quote

Agreed. There are plenty of amazing gun companies right now. What are they really bringing to the table anymore? Why bother supporting them when you can get the same thing elsewhere and not support gun grabbing communists?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wonder if SA will ever actually design their own gun?
View Quote

What, you don't like their iNnOvAtIoNs?  It got such great reviews!

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#42]
If you were to boycott every firearm manufacturer who ever sucked the Democrat donkey dick to get around bills/bans, you'd be left with very limited options.  In SA's case, it was a lobbying firm who got on their knees, not SA.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you approve of the NRA supporting bumpstock bans?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#45]
The enemy will raise every historical issue and misstep any politician, organization, or business has ever made in an attempt to divide us and get us fighting amongst ourselves while they collect all the marbles.

We have to be smarter than what I have been seeing.

Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well they’re doing a great job keeping the SA-35 out of the hands of the public….
View Quote

I believe they're doing you a favor.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Where is the list of all the gun companies we are suppose to hate?
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Where is the list of all the gun companies we are suppose to hate?
View Quote

It is in the members only section.

Coffee is easy.  FBRCC.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Op why are you so worked up over an importer like SA? There are plenty of actual manufacturers that jumped on that wagon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The enemy will raise every historical issue and misstep any politician, organization, or business has ever made in an attempt to divide us and get us fighting amongst ourselves while they collect all the marbles.

We have to be smarter than what I have been seeing.

View Quote

When you say "enemy" do you mean people who would infringe on our rights?

Like maybe people who would push gun control?

And even worse . . . people who would push gun control for their own monetary benefit while leading their customers to believe that they are somehow "on their side"?  

Because, yeah, I agree.  We need to be smarter. . . . a great way to being is by not rewarding them with any purchases.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top