Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2022 7:17:38 PM EDT
I have a friend who is a Christian Chaplain/Pastor who has more than his share of demonic encounters. He is in Cleveland. I know many Pastors and Priests have encounters but he experiences more than anyone I know. He prays and commands the demons to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a friend who is a Christian Chaplain/Pastor who has more than his share of demonic encounters. He is in Cleveland. I know many Pastors and Priests have encounters but he experiences more than anyone I know. He prays and commands the demons to leave in the name of Jesus Christ.
View Quote

I suspect people who are preoccupied with the evil in others because the line between being preoccupied WITH evil and being occupied BY evil can be a fine one.

In John's Revelation, there's a stunningly beautiful description of the New Jerusalem coming to earth. It's interesting to note in those verses that evil is NOT destroyed, but is simply DISPLACED to the darkness OUTSIDE the borders of the city. I think that's how we are also. God in us displaces evil outside.

In just my own personal experience I found that the closer I am to God, the farther away I am from evil.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the "outer darkness" is where evil is destroyed...

Christ said the wicked are killed in both body and soul:

“Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Malachi 4 described the total destruction of the wicked.

“Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire,” says the Lord Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them. 2 But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. 3 Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty.

Christ also referred to Isaiah 66, which refers to the ultimate death of the wicked.

22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord. 24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

The fire and maggots here consume corpses, they do not torture living people.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Father Ripperger, referring I think to Aquinas, has talked about cities and countries having their own guardian angels. I suppose they could have demonic counter[arts.

That said, I expect that demonic activity would be higher in places where people are more wicked or,there are more people who are wicked.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 9:46:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Father Ripperger, referring I think to Aquinas, has talked about cities and countries having their own guardian angels. I suppose they could have demonic counter[arts.

That said, I expect that demonic activity would be higher in places where people are more wicked or,there are more people who are wicked.
View Quote

Best to just assume that demons are everywhere and to stay in a state of grace to protect yourself. The major targets would be those who affect many others by their words and actions. Politicians, clergy, judges, popes, social media stars, celebrities, etc.

Many of the saints were attacked by demons and God allowed it not only as a test but also to humiliate the devil when the saint remained steadfast in the face of overwhelming temptation and feelings of hopelessness. Some like Padre Pio would then get physically attacked when all else failed. (Job is a good example of faith and stoicism for you non Catholics and Jews).

These saints lived on consecrated grounds, avoided near occasions of sin, and prayed constantly but the demons were STILL allowed (limited) access by God to tempt but never beyond their subjects mental and physical strength (assuming they were fighting the evil suggestions and asking Jesus to intervene). The devil WILL find a work around to do his tempting especially now with this thing we call the internet in every home and pocket.

Satan doubles down on corrupting the righteous because of the challenge and the affect it has on others (especially Jesus) if he "wins" a previously heaven bound soul. Winning a $5 scratch off is meh, winning the equivalent of the mega millions is a cause for celebration in hell.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Regionally? Yes, I would say that can happen, and a lot of that would depend on if the people there are more prone to evil.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Daniel 10 Prince of Persia
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Older cities as apposed to newer cities.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top