Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2023 5:01:36 PM EDT
Let's say you perfectly cooked ribeye last.  Tonight you want to reheat it without overcooking.  What's the best method without having a sous vide thing?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I lightly coat with butter and place in 220 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Slice thin and eat cold cut with some kind of bread. I was brought up on “Syrian bread” which some call “pita” but real Syrian bread from a middle eastern bakery is nothing like the “pita” in Grocery stores. Cold, sliced thin…salt n pepper…heaven.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stewie97] [#3]
slice and reheat in a sauce pan with butter - add some seasoning too

its fantastic - eat as finger food or on a good iceberg salad

ETA: I usually do this with flat iron steaks
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 5:27:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cycolac] [#4]
Put it on a plate, cover it with almost dripping wet paper towels, and then microwave it for a couple minutes.

Don't knock it until you try it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dirtydog] [#5]
Sliced into strips, cold. Good sub bun with lettuce, tomato, maybe some onion and sauce of choice. I would never reheat any steak.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stewie97:

View Quote

This.  I usually thin slice when cold, sauté onions in butter, throw in the meat, then load it into tortillas.

Or thin slice cold and use in a salad.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

That is what I do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:
Put it on a plate, cover it with almost dripping wet paper towels, and then microwave it for a couple minites.[url]/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gminutes.

View Quote

I sometimes do something similar except throw it on a plate and put just a little water in there and cover with an upside down bowl, then microwave.  Kinda steams it without overcooking it.

Lately I’ll just preheat the air fryer and then put the steak in straight out of the fridge for 3-4 minutes
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots of ideas.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 4:22:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll let it sit out at room temp. Put toaster oven on broil with a cat iron pan in it and allow the pan to heat up. Once hot,  toss on some butter and throw the steak on.  Sometimes sliced,  sometimes not.

Also,  sliced and eaten cold is an option,  depends on the steak.  If it's fatty, it's better heated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dankcharlie] [#11]
You guys reheat? I thought we all just ate it cold, bare handed in front of the fridge at 3am
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Hillcountry:
Slice thin and eat cold cut with some kind of bread. I was brought up on “Syrian bread” which some call “pita” but real Syrian bread from a middle eastern bakery is nothing like the “pita” in Grocery stores. Cold, sliced thin…salt n pepper…heaven.
View Quote

@Hillcountry,

I thought I was the only one that still called it Syrian bread.

Burger King caused the name change with their "Eat a pita" commercials back in 1983.  I guess "Eat a Syrian" didn't sound quite as good.

I remember my dad taking me to a bakery in Boston to buy some Syrian bread.  The bread was baked in an oven with the bread on a conveyor.  The bread blows up like a balloon when baking.  Fresh Syrian bread is so good.

What we call pita bread is about a foot in diameter and an inch or so thick.  Perfect for making shish kebab sandwiches.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Unpossible.  Just eat it all in one sitting, as God intended for ribeyes.

You can reheat it and eat it.  But then it's just... something else.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I would slice thin and make a cold steak wrap with lettuce, mozzarella cheese, sour cream, and salsa verda. Or make a salad in the same way.

Don't re heat
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By midmo:
Unpossible.  Just eat it all in one sitting, as God intended for ribeyes.

You can reheat it and eat it.  But then it's just... something else.
View Quote

Even though I can do it if I try, I usually can't eat a whole thick cut ribeye in one meal. Lately, when I buy a ribeye, I just make a cap steak out of it, then freeze the eye of the rib eye for making carpaccio and end up with 2 great meals without hurting myself eating.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm gonna go with thin sliced , heavy mustard, tomato THINLY sliced, just a bit of BBQ sauce and it until there's none left. SOFT bread for the sandwich of course.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Happycamp] [#18]
cover airfryer rack in tin foil add
teaspoon of quality oil

place steak on tin foil
add pat of butter on top

put in airfryer

enjoy
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Slice it thin, warm it up with some soy sauce and cock sauce and throw on top of a good bowl of ramen

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
Yeah, slice it for like chinese food size.  This lets you reheat it gently with low heat and it all gets warm at once so less over cooking.

I do steak and eggs that way, usually adding onions (start those cooking first, then the steak and then the eggs right after.)
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Reheat?

Who has left over steak after a meal?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:14:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By raffi383:

@Hillcountry,

I thought I was the only one that still called it Syrian bread.

Burger King caused the name change with their "Eat a pita" commercials back in 1983.  I guess "Eat a Syrian" didn't sound quite as good.

I remember my dad taking me to a bakery in Boston to buy some Syrian bread.  The bread was baked in an oven with the bread on a conveyor.  The bread blows up like a balloon when baking.  Fresh Syrian bread is so good.

What we call pita bread is about a foot in diameter and an inch or so thick.  Perfect for making shish kebab sandwiches.
View Quote

Yes! You know of what I speak! 😛
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Steak & Eggs for breakfast!
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Ramen idea above is a good one.

I also like to slice it up, toss in a bowl and cover with hot white rice.  Add sesame oil, soy sauce, fresh ginger and siracha
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#25]
Slice thinly, add onions, peppers, spices/seasonings, heat in pan, make burritos.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:
Put it on a plate, cover it with almost dripping wet paper towels, and then microwave it for a couple minutes.

View Quote

I just reheated one like this.

Just like when I ordered it fresh yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Banditman:
Slice it thin, warm it up with some soy sauce and cock sauce and throw on top of a good bowl of ramen

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126641/90842903_3056761217688056_33009505747987-3073321.JPG
View Quote

I completely forgot.  When I make my own Pho, this is what I do.  VERY thin sliced while cold, then chunk it in when the base stock is ready.  Ribeye is best, IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top