Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2024 4:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrott_4]
I'm running into a bit of trouble here so I need advice.
But first a little background: I am not from or in the US at this very moment and I want to start my own business in there. For it to be founded I must have a registered agent, since I'm not there it can't be me for now.
Here comes the big issue i run into: i can find many companies that offer registerent agent services like Bizee, CorpNet and Northwest Registered Agent and they all seem to have very good ratings with 4,5 or more stars but i am a little thrown off by a very few very bad reviews the have gotten saying that they are all scam and it makes me think it' either reallly just a scam and they are paying for the good reviews or if it is just a few bad apples.
I am very conflicted here since this is not an easy decision and not a cheap one either,
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this and can help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:39:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#1]
Originally Posted By Foxtrott_4:
I'm running into a bit of trouble here so I need advice.
But first a little background: I am not from or in the US at this very moment and I want to start my own business in there. For it to be founded I must have a registered agent, since I'm not there it can't be me for now.
Here comes the big issue i run into: i can find many companies that offer registerent agent services like Bizee, CorpNet and Northwest Registered Agent and they all seem to have very good ratings with 4,5 or more stars but i am a little thrown off by a very few very bad reviews the have gotten saying that they are all scam and it makes me think it' either reallly just a scam and they are paying for the good reviews or if it is just a few bad apples.
I am very conflicted here since this is not an easy decision and not a cheap one either,
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this and can help.
View Quote

My experience is a bit old, and I don't know what state are going to incorporate in. I have been a registered agent for over 20-years in the state I live in. I act in this capacity for a non-profit group, so the chance of ever being asked to act in my official duty is very close to zero.

Once you select the state you will incorporate in, you might want to check with law firms domicile to that state, and see what they would charge, and use them if reasonable.

I am no expert on this.

Best of luck with your new business!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been a part of the formation of nearly a dozen LLC's and have used INCORP as the registered agent for every one.
Never a problem, easy tracking and fee payment.
Your results may vary but that is my recommendation.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If its montana then I'm lucky
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:19:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxtrott_4] [#4]
Okay incorp does not let me create an account and they also add a bunch of fees they don't show in the main page so they are not getting my money.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody can write a review. A lawyer I know once started seeing negative reviews everywhere referencing a case he won for his client. Turned out it was the losing party’s boyfriend.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vtmarine:
Anybody can write a review. A lawyer I know once started seeing negative reviews everywhere referencing a case he won for his client. Turned out it was the losing party’s boyfriend.
View Quote

That's my point, I can't even trust trustpilot or any online review and this isn't a topic to be taken lightly
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
This is why I hardly ever comment .... and you likely aren't raising a trust issue directly with me but I'm grumpy today and want to clarify that I have no motive to mislead you .... take the info/advice or not but I assure you I haven't been sitting waiting for someone to ask about registered agents in hopes that they would also then ask for a referral code so I could make $20 .....

Trying this again, and as I mentioned in our PMs, use INCORP or not. Your choice. I only shared an opinion because you asked if anyone had advice and INCORP works well for me.
Go to the site, click Sign Up, skip the referrer code (that you PMd me about) to avoid any thoughts that someone here is taking advantage of you, and make an account. Then add whatever services you desire and checkout. It's a simple process, the cost is low, and it serves the purpose when you need a Registered Agent.
Closing out, I pasted the accounting statement for one LLC of mine and noticed the cost has gone up from $99 a year to $129.
Good luck, I'm out.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Pick the state you want to register in and look for a local lawyer or clerk.  The purpose of the registered agent is to have someone in state to send and serve papers.

Make sure what you are doing is US based and if you need to register as a foreign agent, note and do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 63SWC:
This is why I hardly ever comment .... and you likely aren't raising a trust issue directly with me but I'm grumpy today and want to clarify that I have no motive to mislead you .... take the info/advice or not but I assure you I haven't been sitting waiting for someone to ask about registered agents in hopes that they would also then ask for a referral code so I could make $20 .....

Trying this again, and as I mentioned in our PMs, use INCORP or not. Your choice. I only shared an opinion because you asked if anyone had advice and INCORP works well for me.
Go to the site, click Sign Up, skip the referrer code (that you PMd me about) to avoid any thoughts that someone here is taking advantage of you, and make an account. Then add whatever services you desire and checkout. It's a simple process, the cost is low, and it serves the purpose when you need a Registered Agent.
Closing out, I pasted the accounting statement for one LLC of mine and noticed the cost has gone up from $99 a year to $129.
Good luck, I'm out.

https://i.ibb.co/KrbS7LY/Screenshot-2024-01-09-at-3-24-23-PM.png
View Quote

No, I totally believe you. I was trying to create an account and it gave me an error message for some reason. waiting for CS to get back to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top