Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2023 11:25:41 AM EDT
Back around 2003, I picked up a Paronelli. Nothing fancy, but it's sentimental; it's been around the world with me (including 3 trips to the middle east). About a year ago, it disappeared. I searched high and low, and could not find it. Eventually, I found the stem, but not the bowl. Yesterday, I found the bowl under a piece of furniture. I'm going to guess the culprit is a cat...lol.

Long story short, it's seen better days. The stem is solid, but it's two pieces with a metal decorative spacer. The 3 pieces were all one when I purchased it. I contemplated cleaning them up and trying to re-glue them. I also considered a replacement stem.

For a ~20 year old pipe, what kind of maintenance/refurbishment would you recommend?

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have bought some estate pipes, most in good shape. For my peace of mind, I soaked them in a cheap whiskey to clean/sterilize them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
All the answers are here:

Pipe Smokers Forum
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd see if I could send it to Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, MI.  They still manufacture pipes in the basement and are capable of completely restoring almost any pipe.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have really good experiences with Rich over at Briarville. Refurbed and hand cut a new stem for a sentimental Jobey that belonged to my grandfather. Also does all my estate pipes. I believe he recently became the official USA repair shop for Dunhill pipes.
Briarville
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#5]
https://rebornpipes.com/

I enjoy reading this guy's refurbishments, some good ideas too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top