Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2023 10:22:11 PM EDT
Four reform candidates have successfully been nominated for the NRA Board of Directors by petition.
Judge Phil Journey of Kansas, Rocky Marshall of Texas, Dennis Fusaro of Virginia, and me, Jeff Knox of Arizona, were all successful in our bid to get our names on the NRA ballot by petition of the members.
Please read all about it by following the link and reading my article on Ammoland.com.
https://www.ammoland.com/2023/11/outsider-reform-candidates-nominated-by-nra-members/
Ballots will be in NRA magazines by February.  Historically, only about 5% of eligible NRA members bother to vote in NRA elections.
With your help, we could change that statistic and help save the NRA.
Please read the article and leave comments.
Thanks,
   Jeff
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You have my attention.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't Care. Walked away from the NRA 2 years ago. I support GOA now. Get back to me when Lapierre is totally and completely gone from the NRA.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
OST for when the ballots come out
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sanlanman:
Don't Care. Walked away from the NRA 2 years ago. I support GOA now. Get back to me when Lapierre is totally and completely gone from the NRA.
View Quote

Bingo.

F WLP.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

And how is that going to happen if members don’t make it happen?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:50:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Agreed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

*applause*

Someone said what needed to be said.  GOA is the place to be now.  The NRA is as corrupt as the politicians in Congress.  Once they get rid of Wayne Lapierre, I bet MILLIONS of people (including me) will immediately rejoin!
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
As other forums have stated, just because Wayne has stepped down, doesn't mean anything will change. Those who are still members need to vote in reform candidates like Jeff Knox. I let my membership lapse after what Wayne did to Ollie North, but I still have 1 more yr of membership. We'll see who's serious about real change and reform.--
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 4816:
As other forums have stated, just because Wayne has stepped down, doesn't mean anything will change. Those who are still members need to vote in reform candidates like Jeff Knox. I let my membership lapse after what Wayne did to Ollie North, but I still have 1 more yr of membership. We'll see who's serious about real change and reform.--
View Quote

Agreed.  Let’s at least try,
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's how conservatives operate.  Saying "Fuck this" and walking away from everything the left begins destroying.  I'm pretty rough on the NRA now too but if reform candidates can get in then we ought to want that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
glad I got led to this post, I will vote for these candidates.

IF the NRA finally starts changing and actually supporting the 2A I'll be far more likely to start supporting them but for now, as a life member, I'll keep voting and at least doing that minimal effort to try and get actual 2A supporters in position who will change the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
This is bouncing around some pro 2A orgs.

Will fill out the ballot for these four today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 4816:
As other forums have stated, just because Wayne has stepped down, doesn't mean anything will change.--
View Quote

News reports say that WLP negotiated a $17M post employment contract with the NRA before announcing his retirement.

IF that is true, 1) he’s not really gone, and 2) this BOD needs to be thrown out. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

I’m not given to hyperbole but this would be beyond corrupt. The BOD has been asleep at the switch anyway, and this would be further evidence of malfeasance
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#14]
The reported $17 million golden parachute for LaPierre is not true.
He had a contract that guaranteed him full pay for a number of years, but that contract was replaced.
He received No severance or post-employment payments, and the judge is not going to allow him to be re-employed.

If I get elected and find even the slightest suggestion that LaPierre received any sort of parting gift, I will howl it to the moon.
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JeffKnox:
He had a contract that guaranteed him full pay for a number of years, but that contract was replaced.
He received No severance or post-employment payments, and the judge is not going to allow him to be re-employed.

Jeff
View Quote

I had emailed the two BOD members from my home state to inquire about the reported payout, and to date have received no responses. The wife and I voted for the four listed reform candidates, plus Owen Mills. ONLY those candidates. To quote the Joker in the Batman Movie, “this town needs an enema!”
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I voted for the four candidates and only those four.  I did not want to dilute my votes by voting for any of the others.  I'm all for a house cleaning.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Just dropped mine in the mail for only those four.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

No, get back to me when the entire board, leadership, legal team, etc. is gutted and gone.  Then we can talk about rebuilding the NRA.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NRA_guy] [#22]
Four reform candidates have successfully been nominated for the NRA Board of Directors by petition.
Judge Phil Journey of Kansas, Rocky Marshall of Texas, Dennis Fusaro of Virginia, and me, Jeff Knox of Arizona, were all successful in our bid to get our names on the NRA ballot by petition of the members.
Please read all about it by following the link and reading my article on Ammoland.com.
https://www.ammoland.com/2023/11/outsider-reform-candidates-nominated-by-nra-members/
Ballots will be in NRA magazines by February.  Historically, only about 5% of eligible NRA members bother to vote in NRA elections.
With your help, we could change that statistic and help save the NRA.
Please read the article and leave comments.
Thanks,
   Jeff
View Quote
Got those 4 marked!
How do we need to vote on the NRA bylaws change? "Yes" or "No"?
Thanks.

ETA: Is 1 first class stamp enough postage?
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#23]
doubletap
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#24]

If I get elected and find even the slightest suggestion that LaPierre received any sort of parting gift, I will howl it to the moon.
Jeff
View Quote

wlp did receive a post-employment contract for over $17,000,000 that was approved by the majority of the corrupt board.

Here's an excerpt from an article about the corruption trial:

"But the jury did not find him liable for breaking laws against self-dealing when he secured a post-employment contract with the NRA in a package the New York Attorney General's Office valued at over $17 million, finding it was properly approved in advance by the NRA board."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-found-liable-in-corruption-case-as-jury-says-longtime-leader-wayne-lapierre-should-repay-43-million/ar-BB1iN6Je
Facts matter and stating that wlp never got a payout for leaving makes one curious as to why someone would still be protecting the corrupt nra board while attempting to promote candidates.

It would also be interesting for the board to explain to nra members as to what services they are paying $17 million to wlp to provide?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Anybody????

How do we need to vote on the NRA bylaws change? "Yes" or "No"?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I think I will vote "No" on the bylaws changes. Looks like they are eliminating grass roots efforts to fix problems.

Here are the key proposed NRA bylaws changes:

• Amendments to Article IX’s recall election process ensure voting members’ choices are respected, by improving the fairness of the removal process for officers and directors.

Specifically:

Allowing removal only for good cause, such as violating the Bylaws or disrupting NRA operations.
Allowing dismissal of frivolous or malicious recall petitions designed to harm your NRA, with fair appeals for everyone involved.

• Repealing the Annual Meeting Bylaw amendment process in Article XV ensures changes in the NRA’s Bylaws are made either by the elected Board of Directors, or by the mail ballot process that reaches all of our voting members.  No longer could a small group at an Annual Meeting organize to potentially harm NRA by making changes without a vote of the entire voting membership.  

• The amendments update signature requirements for Board nominating petitions, recall elections, and Bylaw amendment proposals—raising the very small requirements set three decades ago to be more consistent with a membership approaching 6 million.  To allow for continuing growth, the amendments include signature requirements based on percentages of valid ballots cast in the previous year's Board election.

• Specifically:

Candidate petitions would require at least as many signatures as 0.5% of the valid ballots cast the previous year.  Based on typical turnouts, this approximates 500 to 750 signatures—not a high hurdle in the Internet age.

Recall petitions would require at least as many signatures as 5% of the valid ballots cast the previous year. The higher requirement for recall petitions ensures that the will of tens of thousands of voting members can’t be reversed without broad support.  (The NRA Bylaws already allow for the expulsion or other punishment of directors and officers for good cause through ethics hearings.)

Similarly, the 5% requirement for Bylaw amendments proposed by members ensures that the NRA’s fundamental rules can’t be changed without broad support of the membership.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:43:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Singlestack_Wonder] [#27]
The bod's attempt to change the bylaws is an attempt to to cement the executive's and their power even more based on the fear that the members were now fully aware of the corruption inside the nra and they wanted to make it extremely difficult if not impossible to remove them.

Even more reason to join actual 2nd Amendment supporting organizations vs. staying with the nra pomzi scheme.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#28]
You say "it was a measure". It's on my ballot; so it is still in play.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Just recommended you 4 to a fellow NRA member here at the gunshow, OP.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By NRA_guy:How do we need to vote on the NRA bylaws change? "Yes" or "No"?
Thanks.
View Quote

I'll not tell you how to vote, but the Bylaw change creates a position independent of the EVP, to ensure compliance. In other words, not "a minion" to be controlled.

I view it as a check/ balance to the power of the EVP.

Time will tell.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Tag for the hen I get home. Ballot is on my desk.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By IADPE:

I'll not tell you how to vote, but the Bylaw change creates a position independent of the EVP, to ensure compliance. In other words, not "a minion" to be controlled.

Time will tell.
View Quote
"Not a minion to be controlled".

nra members will actually believe this and continue putting money directly in executive and bod pockets.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FDC:
This is bouncing around some pro 2A orgs.

Will fill out the ballot for these four today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/428617747_7668176376548783_6419135230982-3139920.JPG
View Quote

Numbers 4, 5, 10, and 22 on my ballot
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#34]
and as for the bylaw change - NO.  Not until another BOD gets elected I view bylaw changes as more than likely detrimental to the actual mission of the NRA
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Just voted for the four.  Now trying to fit the ballot into the envelope.  Kind of nonsensical ballot to envelope dimensions...
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Dash1b:
Just voted for the four.  Now trying to fit the ballot into the envelope.  Kind of nonsensical ballot to envelope dimensions...
View Quote

I agree 100%. I had to fold the ballot 4 times.

And they did not print "First class stamp required" in the upper right corner of the envelope. I was afraid it needed 2 stamps and the PO might not deliver it with just 1 stamp because of the size of the envelope.

I think they really wish we didn't vote.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By IADPE:

Time will tell.
View Quote

Concur.  That's what it is and it should eliminate problems that occurred with neither affective oversight or challenge in the past.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Late to the discussion but appreciative of the participants.  The proposed Chief Compliance Officer "will report directly to the Board."  No thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top