Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2021 11:47:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
where's. Bought a cheapo from Walmart.  It has served me very well.

If the harbor freight stuff is any better, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Synthetic rope all day every day. I love my Bubba Rope brand rope. Has been bullet proof.

As for a winch. When you need it, it needs to work.

I would get whatever comes with them from the OEM.

Side Note:

Carry a tree saver, 2 clevis and a tow strap as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You want a 4000lb winch minimum. The rule of thumb is a winch size that's 3x your machines weight (or bigger). Keep in mind too big just adds weight.

I also carry some smaller snatch blocks incase I or someone else is really stuck. They're good for diverting your line or increasing your pulling power.

I've only had Warn and a Superwinch, which I've been happy with both.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Speaking on steel vs synthetic. Would synthetic be okay for snowplow operations?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speaking on steel vs synthetic. Would synthetic be okay for snowplow operations?
View Quote

Yes , only problem is you might wear out the 1st couple feet . Or so I've read .
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Badlands (Harbor Freight) 3500 lb on a Rzr 800 2 seater.  Only used it a couple times but it has worked well.  It has a steel cable on it but you can replace the cable with a rope.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:35:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Big thing is to run it every few weeks. This keeps the contactors in working condition.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top