Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2019 9:37:11 PM EDT
So I've been rewatching Deep Space Nine on Amazon Prime. I have really grown to like the series more the second time around. One of my favorite characters, I think arguably one of the best characters on the show, is Garak.

His witticisms, the dialogue written for him and his interaction with the other characters is right up there almost with Londo Mollari and G'kar of Babylon 5.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I never got in to the series when it first aired, but after dumping cable and using a TV antenna, I've been picking up the H&I network, which has all the Star Trek shows from the original Trek (but it's the updated version with improved effects), to TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise from Sunday night through Friday night.  Some characters on DS9 I don't like much, but they've had some good stories.

I kept thinking Garak sounded and looked familiar and then realized he was the killer from "Dirty Harry."   He does do a good job on the show.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never got in to the series when it first aired, but after dumping cable and using a TV antenna, I've been picking up the H&I network, which has all the Star Trek shows from the original Trek (but it's the updated version with improved effects), to TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise from Sunday night through Friday night.  Some characters on DS9 I don't like much, but they've had some good stories.

I kept thinking Garak sounded and looked familiar and then realized he was the killer from "Dirty Harry."   He does do a good job on the show.
View Quote
That's what got me re-watching it was when we got the h&i network.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's what got me re-watching it was when we got the h&i network.
View Quote
I hadn't seen any of the shows in ages so it was cool to find the station last year when I first got an indoor antenna.  I lost the station once the trees outside of my 3rd floor apartment filled in after winter was over so I had to get a better antenna.  I got it back plus a bunch of other channels I lost.  One show I hadn't seen since it ended was "Enterprise" so it's been fun seeing it again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard TOS referred to as "Wagon Train in Space."  DS9 was "The Rifleman in Space."  Sisko was essentially Lucas McCain and his son assigned to tame down a frontier town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top