Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Punji pits maybe?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We were dealing with break-ins at our business. We had old school barbed wire on the fences.

Pushed down and covered with cardboard.

We complained to the City. They told us to reinforce with razor wire.

We did. The next week the fence was dug under.

Called the City, they said get fucked.

We laid razor wire at the base of the fence. Apparently, that isn't cool?

Code enforcement was there at 0700 the next morning.

San Jose, CA.

View Quote

That's profoundly fast.  So fast, I wonder if code enforcement and the cops have friendly relatives that are doing the break-ins?

God, we're turning into such a shithole.  By design.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a company here is the southeast that leases a  7000 volt electric fence . It installs on the perimeter inside of the existing fence . It 100% works and stops criminals .
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clearing out the sleeping areas caused problems. I am surprised the building wasn't set on fire in retaliation.

They, code enforcement, said, children can get caught in that razor wire.

Fuck CA
View Quote
Yes, that's the point.  

Did you put the razor wire inside the fence, so it was only a problem once the person was already trespassing?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Get some night watchdogs

Post beware of dogs signs on all perimeter fences
View Quote

There is a junky who lives within walking distance to my construction office/yard.  He cuts the cyclone fence to steal aluminum, tools, whatever he can scrounge.  We've had him dead to rights a number of times but the police just didn't give a shit.  He's on camera at the local pawn shop pawning tools with my company name on them. . . police do nothing.  

Motion detectors linked to lights and sirens did nothing to dissuade him and just pissed off people living nearby because it was going off all the time.  

I looked into the following:
Trained guard dog = Getting sued.
Razor wire = against code.
better cameras = lots of money and he'd likely just hide his face from them.
security = learned that most of the overnight security people are just scouting for their thief cohorts.
leghold traps = getting sued.

The system is setup for thieves to prosper at the expense of good people.  Should be able to just shoot the fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
OP, do you have room inside the fence to line it with those big concrete blocks? I don't expect tunneling under those would work out well.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The system is setup for thieves to prosper at the expense of good people.  Should be able to just shoot the fuckers.
View Quote

You are.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get some night watchdogs

Post beware of dogs signs on all perimeter fences
View Quote

Then the post will be....came the next day and dogs were dead from poison. If it were my personal business. I'd stake it out at night and deal with it.  But that said our laws are different than commie states. We actually prosecute criminals instead of the victims.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Could you hammer stakes into the ground in 1-foot intervals, all along the bottom of the chainlink fence? That should keep them from digging under. And the stakes would be, what, maybe a couple grand?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Dear OP.

We had a similar problem years back.

We did double fences.

Outter was 6ft block wall with 3 feet of chain link above it and barbed wire on top of it.

Inner fence was 6ft chain link with barbed wire on top

Neither was 100% effective.

What did start to stop the crossing was planting Pyrocantha bushes all allong the inner "no mans land".

Pyrocantha "fire bush" is an asshole plant with long spikes that makes it a bitch to deal with.

Also, smearing grease and dog shit on every spot that a person may reach up to grab hold of seemed to help.

20+ years experience dealing with it and that was where we finalized many many years ago.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Razor wire on top, razor wire inside your fence two feet back.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Pungee pit, moat, endangered species all around the perimeter
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:28:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Moat full of piranhas around the inner perimeter of the fence.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Move your business out of the ghetto.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Clearing out the sleeping areas caused problems. I am surprised the building wasn't set on fire in retaliation.

They, code enforcement, said, children can get caught in that razor wire.

Fuck CA
View Quote

I do see their point a little bit with kids and animals. I wonder if you could get away with putting the razor wire on the ground but on the inside of the fence.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Paint the top bar of the fence with anti seize and you'll be able to track the thief and their next 2 generations of descendants.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Put the ground level razor wire on the inside of the fence so they gotta deal with it if they dig under, or force them to 'go Gaza' and dig a huge tunnel.  Stake it down good.

Or do what a sensible person does and close down and move the fuck out of that communist shithole state.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Caltrops?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]
It is only an obstacle when it is covered with direct or indirect fires.  You can defeat any unobserved barbed wire with some empty cardboard boxes.  You can cut thru any fence or lock hasp with bolt cutters.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pull some home alone stunts and make it look like people are there working?
View Quote

Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree at the Christmas party hop!”

I think of that scene every time I hear that song.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dear OP.

We had a similar problem years back.

We did double fences.

Outter was 6ft block wall with 3 feet of chain link above it and barbed wire on top of it.

Inner fence was 6ft chain link with barbed wire on top

Neither was 100% effective.

What did start to stop the crossing was planting Pyrocantha bushes all allong the inner "no mans land".

Pyrocantha "fire bush" is an asshole plant with long spikes that makes it a bitch to deal with.

Also, smearing grease and dog shit on every spot that a person may reach up to grab hold of seemed to help.

20+ years experience dealing with it and that was where we finalized many many years ago.
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are.

Considering we have caught the guy red handed 3 times in the last couple of years and the prosecutor basically ignored it I think my chances of getting royally F'd would be high after plugging that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#23]
THE GREEN BERETS - Green Beret B-Q
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#24]
OP, I see you are in Arizona.  Time to plant some nice decorative teddy bear cholla and other cacti along the perimeter of your fence.  It’s not razor wire, it’s 10 times worse.  But it’s a plant you see.  And you are xeri-scraping so it’s environmentally friendly.  Be sure to put up cameras to enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Did your trespassers file the code compliant?
I assume that's how the city found out about it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did your trespassers file the code compliant?
I assume that's how the city found out about it.
View Quote
We are pretty certain it was the neighboring business.

When we complained about the squatters on our property, the city sent some faith sort of group that interacts with the homeless encampment nearby. The counselors were pretty cool and explained that you cannot just throw them/ squatters off of the property without some sort of retaliation. They apparently talked the squatters down. They were upset with us, apparently.

Fuck the squatters. Fuck CA. I hope that the new property owners have better luck.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
OP, I see you are in Arizona.  Time to plant some nice decorative teddy bear cholla and other cacti along the perimeter of your fence.  It’s not razor wire, it’s 10 times worse.  But it’s a plant you see.  And you are xeri-scraping so it’s environmentally friendly.  Be sure to put up cameras to enjoy the show.
View Quote

I like how you think! Having met cholla too many times in my youth, I cringe at the end result.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I like how you think! Having met cholla too many times in my youth, I cringe at the end result.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, I see you are in Arizona.  Time to plant some nice decorative teddy bear cholla and other cacti along the perimeter of your fence.  It's not razor wire, it's 10 times worse.  But it's a plant you see.  And you are xeri-scraping so it's environmentally friendly.  Be sure to put up cameras to enjoy the show.

There are a few types of cholla.

They all look cute. Until you touch them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Government, won't help, won't let you solve the problem.

Government is a HUGE part of the problem.  Just gotta make it hard enough of the government to do the wrong thing for them to learn.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Seen it plenty mostly in warehouse districts.

One place an hour away has it, double row fence, with a crash barrier in between. Never seen that beyond .gov places. No not taking pictures.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top