Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2021 1:57:28 PM EDT
What do you guys think? Always like getting the ARFCOM opinion on things. This song is pretty representative of their overall sound.

Danger Bird - The Way (live demo)
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I dig it, but I would say "better than average bar band". And, that's not pejorative really....I love a loud bluesy/rock bar band especially if they're writing their own stuff, but this is firmly in that genre/class to me...in terms of songwriting/production/ethos.

If I walked into a bar here in Austin, that'd be a solid night's entertainment based on what I heard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
[He's right you know...] Meme
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dig it, but I would say "better than average bar band". And, that's not pejorative really....I love a loud bluesy/rock bar band especially if they're writing their own stuff, but this is firmly in that genre/class to me...in terms of songwriting/production/ethos.

If I walked into a bar here in Austin, that'd be a solid night's entertainment based on what I heard.
View Quote

Pretty much what they’re going for. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked it.

I wish we had someone like that playing live around my area.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I like
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Remind me of Led Zeppelin
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The kind of band i would enjoy hearing at an icehouse. Bonus points for guitarist playing a hardtail Strat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Not my deal any more but they are good..... better than A LOT of the stuff I grew up with.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:35:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I liked it. To me it kind of had a black crowes type feel to it. I'd pay to see them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Tight rhythm section. Guitarist played some tasty licks. Drummer is great, and bonus points for the halter top.

The one thing I can't stand, though, is the boring, strictly pentatonic vocalizing. I need more of a melody. I want to hear a singer with some range, one who doesn't stick to the same five notes for the entire song.

Yes, he's singing over some very basic riffs, but a creative singer could still add some spice to that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tight rhythm section. Guitarist played some tasty licks. Drummer is great, and bonus points for the halter top.

The one thing I can't stand, though, is the boring, strictly pentatonic vocalizing. I need more of a melody. I want to hear a singer with some range, one who doesn't stick to the same five notes for the entire song.

Yes, he's singing over some very basic riffs, but a creative singer could still add some spice to that.
View Quote

Thanks! And I agree. They are getting better everyday, they have one real badass song that everyone is going to love. EP should be out in a month or so, will post here when it is.

South FL folks can catch them May 28th in Port Charlotte, they are opening for Apocalypse Blues Revival band.

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd listen to them. They have a website? I only found Danger Birds up north. Nothing on bandsintown.com.

I'm in Jax. They should play at 1904.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd listen to them. They have a website? I only found Danger Birds up north. Nothing on bandsintown.com.

I'm in Jax. They should play at 1904.
View Quote

They are on Instagram, will be a big social media push when their debut EP is released next month. Debut show is in Port Charlotte May 28th. Also playing the Seawalk music festival in Jax Beach June 12th. May do a 1904 show in June as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What do you guys think? Always like getting the ARFCOM opinion on things. This song is pretty representative of their overall sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yylHD-pQodw
View Quote

Got alot of that 70s sound... Aerosmith maybe... Southern...
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't think I'm going to drive almost 4.5 hours to see em, but I'll try to check out the Seawalk. Good excuse to hang out at my friend's condo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#17]
UPDATE: Debut in Port Charlotte was badass, and I hate to say it because I love Godsmack... but Danger Bird stole the show. Got to hang out quite a bit with Shannon Larkin, Tony Rombola, and the Godsmack road crew... was a fun night for both bands!

Excellent Strat solo Buddy Crump did mid set:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=162&v=fJdZ5I8zZk4&feature=emb_title
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool. Hope to see them at the Jax Beach Pavilion.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Cool. Hope to see them at the Jax Beach Pavilion.
View Quote

Here’s what you can expect

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I liked it. To me it kind of had a black crowes type feel to it. I'd pay to see them.
View Quote

Definitely Black Crowes influenced.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s exactly what Shannon Larkin told us on Friday night after the show. Pretty cool to hear that from him.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Dagnabit. Completely for the show was this weekend. How'd it go?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Dagnabit. Completely for the show was this weekend. How'd it go?
View Quote

Went very well, nice big crowd with great sound. Will be at 1904 July 2nd that should be an even better show.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad to hear. I took that week off and I love 1904. I'll do my best to be there!

Didn't see anything listed on 1904's site so I'll check back.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Glad to hear. I took that week off and I love 1904. I'll do my best to be there!

Didn't see anything listed on 1904's site so I'll check back.
View Quote

@JaxShooter here's a decent vid from Sunday, brand new song called "Tie the Line." May be the best one so far. Cowford Town Band is opening for us at 1904, flyer was designed yesterday so I'm guessing it will be on 1904 website by end of week.

Fortune Child - Tie The Line (Live)
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the video! I keep checking back to see if it's been added to the site.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I hear rock but no blues.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hear rock but no blues.
View Quote

No blues you say?

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Enjoyed the show last night. Three good bands. Never heard of Alchematic or the Cowford Town Band.

Dangerbird put on a good show. Pretty strong guitarist. I guess I didn't realize how new they were. Singer said only 3.5 months. Should be fun to watch them grow. Pretty small crowd for a Friday night.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#32]
I enjoyed it.  Still like Mofro for Jax Area.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#33]
But that's comparing a band that's been around since the 90s to a new act.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad to see you came out! It was a fun show but small crowd. Had a much bigger crowd this afternoon in St. Augustine at Colonial Oaks, maybe 150-200 by end of set. I think the weather last night kept a lot of folks at home.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow.  I like how they are technically very good but it still feels like music.  That solo was pretty incredible but it still felt like there was heart in it and not just some dude showing off.  It fit the song well.  

The drummer and bass player are really good and the singer can sing.  I mean...  They sound like a lot of stuff, but yet it sounds good.  They're doing a great job, IMHO. It's not really the type of music I seek out and listen to but if I saw them in a bar I'd be like, holy crap they're good.  I might be swayed after listening a while.  LOL.

ETA:  in that 2nd to last pic posted it looks like the bass player has a cut down K frame in his front pocket.  LOL.  2.5"er or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top