Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 9:59:22 AM EDT
Been checking gauges on Amozon and there are plenty of electronic gauges to choose from. One I was interested in said it was not to be in the direct sun for long periods of time. WTF

What can you recommend without breaking the bank. $100 would be alright. I live where we have hurricanes and 100 degree weather.  

What do you use?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
$30 max

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Glass Mason jar, anchored down and with labelled graduations of OP's choice.  

Might set ya back a dollar or two though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm currently using a large one with a red float so that I can read it from a distance.

I used to always use the small glass ones but I would forget to empty them in the winter and the would freeze and crack.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies but I guess I didn't make myself clear in my original post. I am only interested in electronic gauge so I don't have to walk out in the rain to read the measurement.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glass Mason jar, anchored down and with labelled graduations of OP's choice.  

Might set ya back a dollar or two though.
View Quote
I like you.  No homo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies but I guess I didn't make myself clear in my original post. I am only interested in electronic gauge so I don't have to walk out in the rain to read the measurement.
View Quote

That's why I got a big one with a float, I can read it fairly accurately without going out in the rain.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Many years ago my grandfather had a tipping bucket rain gauge.  It was electric, not electronic, and when the internal bucket tipped it advanced a wheel in the base.  The wheel drove an odometer type reading which measured rain in tenths of an inch and had a mechanical reset button.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top