User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It could have been better

So are there any " other scenes"  of Kristy Allen and  Hariss on the freighter?

I need to know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About as perfect as a movie can get.
It could have been better

So are there any " other scenes"  of Kristy Allen and  Hariss on the freighter?

I need to know
You mean Karen Allen and Harrison Ford?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Greg is right.  I just pulled up the scene where Jones first enters the map room holding the staff and the staff is clearly at least a foot taller than he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raiders is one of my favorite movies...one thing has bugged me though from the first time I’ve seen it.  When the translator is reading the length of the staff of Ra, he says it is 6 kadam long.  Sallah says “about 72 inches”.  The translator then says “take back 1 kadam to honor the Hewbrew god”.  That would make the staff about 60”, or 5 feet long.  When Indy is in the map room the staff is clearly about 7’ long, unless Indy was only 4’ tall.

Sorry, too much coffee this morning!
Isn't the staff inserted into a hole on a raised platform in the map room?
Greg is right.  I just pulled up the scene where Jones first enters the map room holding the staff and the staff is clearly at least a foot taller than he is.
Just watched that scene.  Damn, he's short...............

Hard to believe that movies is almost 40 years old.

ETA:  Watching it now and 2 questions I have always had:
How do they get that huge crate into the sub and where does Jones ride in that sub all the way to the base?
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How do they get that huge crate into the sub and where does Jones ride in that sub all the way to the base?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raiders is one of my favorite movies...one thing has bugged me though from the first time I’ve seen it.  When the translator is reading the length of the staff of Ra, he says it is 6 kadam long.  Sallah says “about 72 inches”.  The translator then says “take back 1 kadam to honor the Hewbrew god”.  That would make the staff about 60”, or 5 feet long.  When Indy is in the map room the staff is clearly about 7’ long, unless Indy was only 4’ tall.

Not sure about your first question but your second question I always assumed he rode in the conning tower and the sub never submerged.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure about your first question but your second question I always assumed he rode in the conning tower and the sub never submerged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the scene just before they got to the island, they were perusing the area using the periscope that indicates to me they were submerged.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I always wondered how it would been if Tom Selleck had taken them up on the offer to play Indiana Jones.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In the scene just before they got to the island, they were perusing the area using the periscope that indicates to me they were submerged.
View Quote
I just finished reading the book. In it, he strapped himself to the periscope with his whip. It apparently didn't submerge.

And 4 pages and nobody posted this yet?

Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When Karen Allen is standing on the deck of the submarine the wind is blowing the dress up against her.The outline of her bush is clearly visible.https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_naughty.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Indiana Jones is the shit!!! Except for that abortion of a movie with Shia Leboof.
View Quote
There are only three Indiana Jones movies, I don't know what the fuck is up with the fourth thing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
great movie

the sub had no reason to be submerged as it wasn't wartime, but if it wasn't submerged why wouldn't crew members come out for fresh air during transit.

I always imagine it's crocodile dundee he's beating up in the truck sequence.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone watched any of the Allan Quatermain movies?

Amazon has several that I ran across.  Haven't watched any yet though.  Look kinda Raidersish.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You mean Karen Allen and Harrison Ford?
View Quote
Sorry I have been lost in my moms basement for years and can't find a way out
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top