Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
REST IN PEACE (Page 3 of 208)
Page / 208
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I admire you brother. How you have lived your life, what you've done for and with your son, has taught him things that he will carry his entire life.  I'll pray tonight.  May God give you strength.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:32:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glockfan45] [#2]
Jeez I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I could offer up some words of advice or comfort but I won't pretend to know or understand your situation. I'll just check back here for updates and see what if anything I can do. In the meantime don't give up hope and accept the outcome as inevitable yet. Cancer is a strange bastard and can always remiss unexpectedly with treatment.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Incoming prayers
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, God Speed in any which direction you may go. Many prayers for you and your family.

Got a Facebook?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Bless you brother, and don't be afraid. Prayers incoming.

Don't give up, we want to hear of you slinging brass, eating venison, and kickin' it with the fam again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dsteelman:
Prayers sent brother, fellow vet here as well.

Tell me a funny story from the military.
View Quote

Funny story?

I'm driving down East Range Road at Fort Hood....Summer of 94 I think

My sgt is front of my in a Humvee....I'm in a Duece and 1/2. I'm in the TXARNG now.......

So these old trucks you know top speed mabye 45 mph..........

I have the hammer down and there are three cows up ahead. I see the humvee brake lights as two cows jump across the road.....

They make it the third jumps back into the ditch. I put the hammer back down and start getting the old POS back up to speed........4th gear....

45.........the cow jumps out of the damn ditch right into the front bumper of this big ass Duece and 1/2 truck....bounces off the front bumper.....

Ass swings around and hits the drivers side door and smears cow shit every where.......

I look in the mirror and cow is skipping like a stone over water down the road keep pace with the truck.........like a race.....

finally skids to a stop...........I was busting out loud. I'm like WTF??

I get out and get over to the cow.......it's deader than shit........

somebody did take a picture of it and I would love to find it.

SGT Deltoro I think.....he's a fireman now in Dallas.......

I had my foot on the cow with my hands on my hips in the picture.......

Stupid thing.....didn't even bend the bumper.

Somebody wrote "cow killer" in white chalk on the door later on as well......

I was in the 372nd Fwd Supprt Btln
We supported 5th tank at Fort Hood.

My MOS is 45 Golf. Fire control system repair. I worked on the M1 Abarams tanks......all the electronics in them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Godspeed brother
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I give you Tecumseh

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion, respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.

When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Thank you for posting this.

You're helping some of us. That's a good thing to do, and you're providing the opportunity. readjust their outlooks and be a bit more appreciative of what we taken for granted

You and your family are in my prayers to get through this difficult time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#12]
My prayers are with you and your family.  I'm too far away to be there with you, but know that I'm praying for all of you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Fuck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:

I'm Apos

you can go to this link on my blog to donate bone marrow

It may save my life or somebody elses

My Blog

Or just go to Be the match.org
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:If it does shrink the tumor, then I have to have a bone marrow transfusion immediately to help fight the cancer. There will be a small window of opportunity and we have to find a donor match.
What kind of match/blood type?

Tagged, I will donate if I can.

I'm Apos

My Blog

so am I and I'm on the list.  Prayers to you, your family, and for a match.  I like the idea of a letter to your son.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#15]
How is the kid taking things?

It makes my heart hurt to think a out his feeling. I wouldn't lie to him or sugarcoat things too much. At 8 kids are keenly aware of what's going on and get frustrated when adults won't tell them. Answer his questions and ease his mind if you haven't had a chance. Talk to him until he can't stand you anymore, give him as many memories as you can.

Make sure whatever time you have together is full of love.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Prayers sent.  Godbless you and your family.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:50:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fatalwishes] [#17]
Originally Posted By kc215:

so am I and I'm on the list.  Prayers to you, your family, and for a match.  I like the idea of a letter to your son.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kc215:
Originally Posted By GSL:
Originally Posted By Fatalwishes:If it does shrink the tumor, then I have to have a bone marrow transfusion immediately to help fight the cancer. There will be a small window of opportunity and we have to find a donor match.
What kind of match/blood type?

Tagged, I will donate if I can.

I'm Apos

My Blog

I think I'll start that letter today.

I'm pretty emotional right now. I would love to have a buddy up here to talk shop to.

Problem is my job, I work with all women. No guys to talk to.120 women lol. Lucky me?

I work at Texaspulmonary and Crtical Care consultants.

www.texaspulmonary.com

I can talk to the Doctors at times but they are really busy.

If anybody can come by I'd love to chat. Cars, guns, trucks....army.......

i need to focus so can write that letter to my son. I think that is a good idea.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#18]
A good life won't get you into heaven: only the blood of Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Jeff, have they considered proton beam radiation? There is a facility at MD Anderson, but I don't know if it works on lymphoma. It is high dose radiation, shaped to the tumor so it doesn't cook everything around it, such as the intestines. It works well for prostate cancer, which is in the same area, and I had it for a tumor in my head. I was told by my Dr. that the amount I needed would have left me blind and deaf, if not killed me, had they only been able to use normal radiation. It's a long shot, as I think they would have considered it since you were there already, but who knows.

Write letters to your son, you can still help him grow into a man, even if you can't be there every step of the way. Let him know of your history, how you overcame obstacles, and how to become a self-sufficient man. Any lessons you can think of, but I hope that you are able to read over them with him years from now over a beer and laugh. It sounds like you've had a great life so far, take pride in that and hold your head high, no matter what happens. You are in my thoughts, and I too would come visit with you if I could. It seems like it would be a good time sir.

Chris

This link is to a thread from earlier this year about bone marrow donations and will answer some of the questions people have about it.

Link
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:52:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By GATITO:
A good life won't get you into heaven: only the blood of Jesus Christ.
View Quote

I've accepted him into my heart. I'm ready.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for sharing what's on your mind.   Dusty in the room thinking about the fragility of life.   Puts a lot of things in perspective.  
I wish you the best of luck, and hope you get as much time as you can, and need!  
Godspeed Brother!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#22]
prayers inbound

don't know what to say

peace be with you and the family and friends
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad to hear the Scottish rite helped out

Don't give up brother.  Fight this damned thing.  Stay strong.  You have a lot to live for.  Prayers sent.

If you ever just need to vent, PM me for my phone #
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PhilChordoma:
Jeff, have they considered proton beam radiation? There is a facility at MD Anderson, but I don't know if it works on lymphoma. It is high dose radiation, shaped to the tumor so it doesn't cook everything around it, such as the intestines. It works well for prostate cancer, which is in the same area, and I had it for a tumor in my head. I was told by my Dr. that the amount I needed would have left me blind and deaf, if not killed me, had they only been able to use normal radiation. It's a long shot, as I think they would have considered it since you were there already, but who knows.

Write letters to your son, you can still help him grow into a man, even if you can't be there every step of the way. Let him know of your history, how you overcame obstacles, and how to become a self-sufficient man. Any lessons you can think of, but I hope that you are able to read over them with him years from now over a beer and laugh. It sounds like you've had a great life so far, take pride in that and hold your head high, no matter what happens. You are in my thoughts, and I too would come visit with you if I could. It seems like it would be a good time sir.

Chris

This link is to a thread from earlier this year about bone marrow donations and will answer some of the questions people have about it.

Link
View Quote

Radiation is a last ditch effort for me because of where my tumor is. It's wrapped all around my small intestines and pancreas. We'll see what happens. I have a few months to go........

hopefully.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:56:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vespid_Wasp] [#25]
I'm a positive and just joined the donor registry.  praying for you op.  stay strong.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Sorry to hear, prayers sent, stay positive.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I wish I could offer some advice or words of wisdom, but I'm not the guy people come to for those things. You and your family are in my prayers, though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I lost my father at 45. That letter, that letter will mean the world to that boy someday.

Godspeed, friend.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn... getting dusty in here.  What the hell am I saying, this thread brought a tear to my eye.  Damn right it did.  Write, write write.  Everything you want to tell your son, everything you want to tell your wife, friends, neighbor.  Get it all out.  Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, just put it on paper and whomever reads it will understand where you are coming from.

Keep your head up.

Invictus
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Brother, keep your chin up. Fight the fight for your son, for your wife. I'll be moving to DFW in a few months. We're GOING to grab a beer because you're going to be there. I don't know what else to say then don't surrender. Good luck brother, you have my prayers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:04:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Jeff, if I could, I would shake your hand and wish you well. Your family will be in my thoughts, and don't bother thinking of the regrets. Be proud of your accomplishments and share everything you can about yourself. As someone who lost my mom earlier than most, I wish more than anything that I had gotten the chance to know more about her past instead of just as a mom. Some day your boy will likely wonder that as well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:14 AM EDT
[#32]

Yes I'm prepared. I've accepted Jesus in my heart as my savior.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By a-bare:
I'll pray for you.
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior?

It's not hard to do...........Ask to see a Christian minister of any denomination.

But you can do it by yourself if you choose.

Glad to hear that.  Prayers sent.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By army_eod:

prayers inbound

don't know what to say

peace be with you and the family and friends
View Quote
So sorry to hear of the news.

Prayers inbound as well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jaster:
Brother, keep your chin up. Fight the fight for your son, for your wife. I'll be moving to DFW in a few months. We're GOING to grab a beer because you're going to be there. I don't know what else to say then don't surrender. Good luck brother, you have my prayers.
View Quote

Absolutely- don't ever give up. This is good advice!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
I lost my father at 45. That letter, that letter will mean the world to that boy someday.

Godspeed, friend.
View Quote

Would a hand written be better than typed?

I think it would be. I'm going to need a notebook and pen.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Were you stationed at Hood? We are there now, prolly another2-3 years.

How you feeling this AM?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:

I can't come see you in the hospital (Charleston, SC is a tad far), but one day I'll stand next to you in God's throne room.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brohawk:
Originally Posted By a-bare:
I'll pray for you.
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your savior?

It's not hard to do...........Ask to see a Christian minister of any denomination.

But you can do it by yourself if you choose.

I can't come see you in the hospital (Charleston, SC is a tad far), but one day I'll stand next to you in God's throne room.

If you need a pastor or priest, most churches will send someone to your room to talk.  They also have folks that will help you and your family.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:10:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Stay strong.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Let me add though, a couple years ago we had a woman I work with come so close to death we all just knew we would never see her again. Really. Lower bowel cancer, they ended up putting her into a coma because she was so fucked up. She was dead. Really. Not so much. Tough old broad, ex-DI, 20 year veteran lived!

Unbelievable. I see her every day. Never give up hope. Never. Wish I could come by, South Dakota is a ways off.

Maybe I could take a picture of something for you?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#40]
My prayers for you and your family.

I look forward to seeing you before God's throne, in time.

But for now, fight for your life.  No for you, but for your son.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Jeff,
You are in our Prayers.  Don't give up the fight Brother.  I know your heart is sealed, and you are ready, but God may just be testing you and refining you.  One day you will be able to marvel at the monster buck, your son's drops.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By satcong:

How you feeling this AM?
View Quote

I'm still a little emotional.

Still needing that shoulder.......

Arfcom has really helped. I was able to share some good stories......it helped.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
Let me add though, a couple years ago we had a woman I work with come so close to death we all just knew we would never see her again. Really. Lower bowel cancer, they ended up putting her into a coma because she was so fucked up. She was dead. Really. Not so much. Tough old broad, ex-DI, 20 year veteran lived!

Unbelievable. I see her every day. Never give up hope. Never. Wish I could come by, South Dakota is a ways off.

Maybe I could take a picture of something for you?
View Quote

Mountains, wldlife? Fish?

Man I love to fish.......I know there are tons of lakes up there.

I know I'm not dead yet. Just facing it.

I want to fight. They just have me scared right now. It looks really bad. They can't hide their faces....damn doctors.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By satcong:

How you feeling this AM?

Tell us a good embarrassing story! Something to make ya smile and us laugh.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#45]
I am not good enough with words to say much of anything, but your in my thoughts.

Only thing I can offer is the story of a good friend of mine, diagnosed with blood cancer (I forget the actual name) he was told he had months to live and simply refused to accept it, he fought hard and told himself that it was not his time. He has been 100% clear for 7 years now. Keep a good thought
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Jeff, my family will be praying for you and yours.  We just lost my brother in law to Burkitt's Lymphoma he was 26.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Mate, I'm so sorry to read of your situation. I have said a prayer for you and yours, may God be with you and take away your fear.

If I wasn't in New Zealand, if I were there, I would come and see you and we would laugh our balls off, we would have as good a time as could be had in a hospital.

Best wishes
Jason.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pointman12] [#48]
Stay strong! I have a friend that was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma a little over a year ago. It had spread throughout his back, spine, and head. In less than a year, with a church standing behind him in prayer, he was in remission (and is still clear today). Don't underestimate the power of prayer, and definitely don't give up hope!

Read this: Isaiah 41:10-13
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#49]
How long are you gonna be in room 700 on the 7th floor?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:20:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tekpc007] [#50]
Christ be with you sir.

I think we need to buy this mans son a rifle , what say the hive?
Page / 208
REST IN PEACE (Page 3 of 208)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top