Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2024 4:36:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#1]
I got a Ninja toaster oven / air fryer for Xmas...it's amazing.  

The toaster oven function is fantastic, but this is the first time I've had an air fryer.  

Air Fried Chicken strips and wings; cook 10-12 minutes @ 400F, flip half way.  McCormick seasonings makes some great Air Fryer Season packets; Frank's Red Hot Buffalo, Garlic Parmesan, and Loaded.  I've only tried the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo, and it was excellent.  I have Garlic Parmesan that I haven't tried yet.

Calzones; I just tried this last night, and they were incredible.  Store bought pre-made pizza dough...I used a Kroeger brand, but Pillsbury makes some too (don't get 'thin crust', its too difficult to work with).  400F on Air Fry.  Cut whatever size Calzone you want from the dough, fill with sauce, cheese, and fillings (pre-cooked). I coated the top of the raw dough with melted garlic butter.  Cooked until it was golden brown (to your liking), then flipped them over and coated with more garlic butter.  Maybe 7-9 minutes per side.  And, of course, more pizza sauce for dipping.

You can air fry steak, hamburgers, etc...just be careful with the amount of cooking time...steak and burgers can get easily overdone if you don't watch them.  I air fried a 3/4" thick flat iron @ 400F, 5 min per side, and it was overdone...like 160F internal temp.  Still good, but not medium rare like I prefer.

Honestly, just Google "Easy Air Fryer Recipes" and you will find TONS of websites with a lot of amazing recipes.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My daughter says it shines for reheating leftovers, especially french fries.

Bone in pork chops at 400 degrees for about 16 minutes turned out well. Check often with a temp thermometer after 10 minutes or so.  Season as you normally would.
I did a sirloin steak one rainy night and it was......ok.....not like it was grilled properly.
I also did a rack of ribs. Season using your normal method and cooking in the fryer was surprising. If you have ever eaten at Tony Romas back in the day, it was pretty close. Again, not like on the smoker all day but a passable meal.  They make a great cheese toast or grilled cheese and are great for toasting a sandwich.

For those who have done biscuits in one, how do you keep the tops from getting too brown and the center of it cooked?
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, yeah...forgot about french fries.  I haven't made any from scratch, but the Checker's/Rally's Seasoned Fries from the frozen food aisle turn out amazingly crispy....takes less than 10 minutes.  

Cheese crisps and quesadillas are excellent, also.

Basically, Air Fry mode just works twice as fast as Bake mode...that extra heat convection circulation really does the trick.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#4]
Wings:  Smoke wings however you like.  Put them in the air fryer to crisp up.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top