Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2020 11:01:46 PM EDT
Or anywhere else for that matter.

I had a T-Maxx back when they were all the rage.  I laid over a 50-gal drum in the backyard and added a sheet of plywood to make a ramp.  I tried to see how far I could fly the truck and flip it.  Hit the wife in the shin somehow.  She was done with RC right there.

One track I ran at had a guy running a Losi 8 converted over from gas back before the 8e came out.  He had some Chinesium LiPos in it and that thing was fast.  Too fast for the majority of the track.  On the back of the track was a double-double that he figured out he could fly.  During a heat, he came out of the turn a bit hot and pinned it.  That Losi had to have been 20 feet in the air and blew way past the landing.  He hit flat and HARD.  It popped the LiPo and filled the whole indoor track (in the winter, mind you) with nasty ass battery smoke.  Poor turn marshall had no gloves on and grabbed the car and tossed it out the door.  The battery was burning pretty bad but didn't really hurt the car all that bad.  He made it into the next heat.

A few weeks prior was my first race.  There were 4 of us, so enough for them to run a Novice class.  I had owned several RC stadium and monster trucks over the years so I fancied myself a pretty good driver.  I ran the table on those guys and got to feeling pretty good.  I'm ready for next week.  Lemme at 'em.  Well, the next week comes and I get the everloving crap kicked out of me.  I didn't finish last.  It wasn't because I was better than anyone else.  It was because 2 trucks went down for the count and the parts they broke were the ones no one had replacement parts for, including the on-site shop.   I was, on average, 7-10 seconds per lap slower than almost everyone else.  That day I had some humble pie.  And I don't mean a slice.  I ate the whole damned thing.

Let's hear some good stories.  There have to be plenty of good ones here.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Back in the mid-90s, a friend bought a nitro rc stockcar. We had a 80 x 100 ft building with a concrete floor and mostly open aisles. We ran that thing wide open for about 30 minutes inside. Suddenly we couldn't see without our eyes tearing up, and it was becoming hard to breath. Turns out those things are terribly noxious.

That's probably why Covid-19 will end up killing me. Probably ruined my lungs
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:23:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Turns out those things are terribly noxious.
View Quote
Nitromethane FTW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top