Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 11:08:13 AM EDT
Just ordered an open comb razor, thanks to the maggard sale.
All of my other razors are TTO never had a multi part razor.

My question is when not using the razor do you unscrew partially to release tension on the blade
or do you leave the razor assembled until replacing the blade?

I don't know if it helps or not I've always loosened my TTO razors after using and cleaning them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I always leave the razor assembled until I change the blade out on it.  I've never had any problems with the blade or the razor by doing this.  I don't think there is much pressure on the blade or razor to affect anything.

My question is, what would be the reason to loosen the blade when not in use?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
When I'm done shaving I loosen and rinse it and leave it loose to dry.  No real reason other than I don't shave every day and it clogs
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I'm done shaving I loosen and rinse it and leave it loose to dry.  No real reason other than I don't shave every day and it clogs
View Quote
I've started doing the same so it dries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top