Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:11 AM EDT
Is it true that Masons are not permitted to testify against fellow Masons in court, or if on a jury, to judge against another Mason?

Further, I was curious as to whether with Masons it is true that a Mason will not report a known crime of a Brother Mason to the authorities?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
No

Also, we take obligations, not oaths. It may sound like semantics but there is a distinction. Oaths are a promise for future actions and behavior. An obligation makes one morally bound to the constraints of the obligation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No

Also, we take obligations, not oaths. It may sound like semantics but there is a distinction. Oaths are a promise for future actions and behavior. An obligation makes one morally bound to the constraints of the obligation.
View Quote

Thank you for the answer. I was merely curious based on something I heard from a Shriner, or former Shriner. I also meant no offense to any oaths, pledges, or other routines you partake in.

They seem like good fun, and I am sure your social clubs do much good for the communities they are a part of. Thanks again.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thank you for the answer. I was merely curious based on something I heard from a Shriner, or former Shriner. I also meant no offense to any oaths, pledges, or other routines you partake in.

They seem like good fun, and I am sure your social clubs do much good for the communities they are a part of. Thanks again.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No

No offense taken at all. If you have any questions ask away.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Top Top