Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2020 11:24:15 PM EDT
I dropped my S10 and shattered the screen today. I've decided to give the Iphone 11 a try. With the screen gone, I won't be able to download to the move to ios app. What's the best way to transfer everything over? I can get everything off the phone to my pc. What's the best way to get the info from the pc to the new phone? Do i just add my google account to the iphone?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There are android to ios apps but youre right,  not having access to the screen is going to be a challenge.  Most of your stuff will be saved to google though.  Curious to see how this works out, wish i had more to add OP.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Without the screen you should still be able to plug it into a computer and see it as a usb drive.  You can copy any file that way.  If you’ve backed up to google it will be available there and can be copied to the phone   There’s a google photos app for iOS if you want to continue to use that or you can import google photos to apples iOS photos app. I’m not sure what else on the phone you want to get.  You will lose text history switching OS’s I believe. If you use what’s app or similar I hope you’ve backed that up within the app and then that history will be available.  If you have random document files they can also be copied from the phone or a google backup.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wireless guys did it via cable once; that might still be an option.

Once you go iOS/cloud it will no longer be a concern.

When I upgraded from my first to second iPhone (X->11) I unknowingly made a list of apps, content, etc. thinking I would have to redownload everything.

Nope.  When I activated the new phone it knew what was on the old phone and DLed everything automatically.

New phone exactly like old phone including music, screensaver, photos, etc.

I was previously a hardcore Android user and I’m sure some Android user will be along to tell you Androids will do that...well, mine (from the S4-S8) never did.
View Quote

My S6 to S9 did that.... OP can transfer files to the computer and load them into icloud (I think).

Or just replace the screen......
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Read this thread first
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The only question is why?
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I dropped my S10 and shattered the screen today. I've decided to give the Iphone 11 a try. With the screen gone, I won't be able to download to the move to ios app. What's the best way to transfer everything over? I can get everything off the phone to my pc. What's the best way to get the info from the pc to the new phone? Do i just add my google account to the iphone?
View Quote
It's probably not too late for you to return your iPhone for a full refund.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I completely overthought the whole thing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pull everything  onto the computer. I needed to be able to get in and "enable usb debugging" to be able to do that and I obviously couldn't do that. I was able to just add my google account and download most things to the phone and then delete the google account. The only thing that I couldn't get were my google notes, but I guess I'll just retype those from the web. Oh, I obviously had to manually download all my apps. Yes, I know Apple sucks. Yes, I know Google sucks. Until someone builds another phone company, here we are.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Isn't a screen replacement on the Samsung much cheaper and easier?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't think so
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

UbreakIFix near me quotes $280 ish for a broken screen, depending on model.

Yes, cheaper than an Iphone, but that ship has sailed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top