Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2022 10:26:24 AM EDT
What is it? I see it being thrown-around a lot, most often (common here in GD) reflexively, often with out context. There are websites that opine about it but what is the general perception in this forum?

Can you be MGTOW and still in a relationship (not wife's bitch)?

Were explorers (Shackleton, etc.) that to expeditions and explorations being voluntary away from home MGTOW?

Is it politically sided?

Are you truly not a man if you don't give tirelessly and selflessly to fulfill the family unit?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the first 4 all apply
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
A label I would never use for myself.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of pussy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve been married, 15 years of it. I survived, barely when it was all said and done. Nowadays, you have woman with kids and a lot of emotional baggage….. fuck all that drama. I’ve got my 2 kids at home with me. I don’t need pussy telling me what I need to do.

I can get my dick wet when I want…. Why bother?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Max gross take off weight
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Inb4 the miserably married men full of regret who call everyone not like themselves “incels”
Attachment Attached File

Eta: dang nvm the poll says 7 were already here
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#9]
My perception is that while there are various individuals and personalities that run the gamut of possibilities, the term itself really refers to men who simply reject the female led shift in social culture and essentially just refuse to participate.  Men who recognize that while they may be happier with a healthy committed relationship with a woman, current conditions make that unlikely and they can be nearly as happy alone while avoiding all of the risk, pain and stress of affirming the lunacy that hypergamy/feminism allowed to run unchecked by social norms has created.

I think one could make an argument that you can't claim to be MGTOW if you're not desirable at some level.  It's not "going your own way" if no one wants you and you refuse to accept any ownership of your status and place all of that blame on the other sex.  That's incel.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Attachment Attached File

ETA: @JLPetsLemurs
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Waiting for the poll edit to add, "Men unable or incapable of having a relationship with a woman, so like a 3 year old, they take their ball and go home."
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I think if you're going your own way, it's because you have to.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Men
Getting
Triggered
Over
Women
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#14]
it just means they're big fleetwood mac fans
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My perception is that while there are various individuals and personalities that run the gamut of possibilities, the term itself really refers to men who simply reject the female led shift in social culture and essentially just refuse to participate.  Men who recognize that while they may be happier with a healthy committed relationship with a woman, current conditions make that unlikely and they can be nearly as happy alone while avoiding all of the risk, pain and stress of affirming the lunacy that hypergamy/feminism allowed to run unchecked by social norms has created.

I think one could make an argument that you can't claim to be MGTOW if you're not desirable at some level.  It's not "going your own way" if no one wants you and you refuse to accept any ownership of your status and place all of that blame on the other sex.  That's incel.
View Quote

THIS is a right thoughtful answer.  But can those that chose that way be not 'nearly' as happy but happier?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Waiting for the poll edit to add, "Men unable or incapable of having a relationship with a woman, so like a 3 year old, they take their ball and go home."
View Quote

So is that the epitome of manhood: being in a relationship, no matter what?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think if you're going your own way, it's because you have to.
View Quote
See that's where I disagree.  What's the most common advice given here to men having trouble finding a woman?  It's to stop looking and focus on themselves, their career, their finances, their hobby, whatever.  To go be good at something, and the side effect of doing that will be attracting a woman that suits their needs/personality/lifestyle.

That's basically saying "Go MGTOW, build it they will come."

So maybe you're right at a certain level.  Some need to do that to become more attractive, others need to do it just to put them into the social circles of the women they would want to commit to.  But I think the majority are guys in that 21-30 year old range, and they either have to compete with 1) 30-40 year old men for women in their cohort who want a committed relationship and are only going to commit to a man established in his life, or 2) the women in their cohort going full career-mode who've been led to believe being highly educated/highly compensated will make them more appealing to men in their 30s when they're ready to make some kids, or 3) they're competing with the top 10% of men in their age group for the women who have fully embraced the "20-30 is for fun and I can get with a different Chad every week just by swiping right."
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Undesirable males with an online presence. Every demographic, cult or small fringe group has Internet forums and social media presence.  Left handed basket weavers get on there and tout your value to society.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not that hard to be in a relationship with a woman.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

THIS is a right thoughtful answer.  But can those that chose that way be not 'nearly' as happy but happier?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's getting into the the weeds of individual personality and I think it's really hard to generalize.  I'm sure there are examples of those who can be happier.  It gets into the hypothetical, is the problem.  Likely a man that believes he's happier single and MGTOW than he could be in a healthy committed relationship, is because he's never had a healthy committed relationship to compare against.

But there are absolutely people who are, for whatever reason, not wired to be their happiest in an HCR with the opposite sex.  I'd imagine that some of those traits make having an HCR difficult to even have.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's some truth to what he said.  The conservative values female personalities on social media right now are telling their unhappy ran-through peers that they're alone because they've become unwilling or incapable of learning how to live with a man.  I'm sure that applies to men learning to live with a woman as well.  Even if 2 people are perfectly suited for each other, there's going to be some compromising by both.  

That doesn't mean "learning to live with a woman" means "just do whatever she wants/let her win."  Quite the opposite.  It might mean learning how to be the leader of the relationship, the one who draws and enforces boundaries because that's what the other needs/wants regardless of what they say or think, and doing it in a way that's positive and not negative.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's recognition that humans are wired to be in monogamous long-term relationships.  "No matter what" shouldn't even come into play if one treads carefully when choosing a mate.

Is something good for society?  What if everyone does it?  If all men become MGTOWs, society collapses.

How many mass shooters are/were married men?

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not that hard to be in a relationship with a woman.
View Quote

Correct.  MGTOWs are just lazy and selfish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#24]
MGTOWs avoid marriage and usually avoid cohabitation as well. It keeps the state out of your relationships, protects  your finances and your gun rights.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
THiS. Anything else is boy bun wearing bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#26]
It's what married guys say they are going to do if they are ever single again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:06:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's recognition that humans are wired to be in monogamous long-term relationships.  "No matter what" shouldn't even come into play if one treads carefully when choosing a mate.

Is something good for society?  What if everyone does it?  If all men become MGTOWs, society collapses.

View Quote

I agree with all of that. Except, after nasty divorce(s) I don't blame men for not wanting to jump back in to that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I've got an old friend that brought this movement to my attention a year ago. He's a mix of #1 and #4.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's getting into the the weeds of individual personality and I think it's really hard to generalize.  I'm sure there are examples of those who can be happier.  It gets into the hypothetical, is the problem.  Likely a man that believes he's happier single and MGTOW than he could be in a healthy committed relationship, is because he's never had a healthy committed relationship to compare against.

But there are absolutely people who are, for whatever reason, not wired to be their happiest in an HCR with the opposite sex.  I'd imagine that some of those traits make having an HCR difficult to even have.
View Quote

In this society there probably isn't a lot of statistic  data to compare being single to. Like a lot of things, concepts (of attractiveness/beauty, successfulness, ability, etc.) are fixed and hard-wired into our conscience. Some force themselves into a relationship to avoid the stigma of being branded a loner.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty damn good explanation.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#32]
MGTOW thread
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Incels trying to reframe the narrative?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#34]
For me it has always meant  Max Gross Take Off Weight.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have doubts about that. I tend to think humans are like any other advanced mammals and are 'pack society' driven. Somewhere along the way of the rise of government/religion did the benefit of marriage/monogamy come out.

Can you explain "if all men become MGTOWS, society collapses"?  Isn't that the aim of modern feminism? Or to at least rewrite the rules, as envisioned by them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's what married guys say they are going to do if they are ever single again.
View Quote

Hell naw. Imma have me a biscuit maker in the house.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Men are supposed to pursue women. If men generally stopped doing that than yes, society would collapse. That said, men that already went through the BS, maybe had kids, maybe had several relationships and maybe a marriage or two, might want to go their own way. That isn't incel.

An incel never had prospects and generally follows weird incel stuff. An incel never experienced intimacy with a woman.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Says who?

Have you had sex with 1 woman, and been in a relationship with 1 woman?

What's your point about mass shooters? That's happening because the entire world is telling young men they are evil, worthless pieces of shit. Not because they don't have a girlfriend.

The married dudes just shoot themselves.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#39]
From what I follow:

MGTOW came from guys looking at divorce/child support statistics coupled with women wanting to get their pussy stabbed until they hit the wall (or pop out some kids) and only rhen do they want to settle down.

Guys typically don't want that. Either find a woman that you want (hard to do) or go MGTOW and just hit and quit with no expectation of a serious relationship. A lot of MGTOW is not compromising to social pressures of "accept a woman for what she is. Who cares if she throws on 50lbs, decides to stay home, then bangs some dude without a career only to divorce and take half of your stuff".

I get it. If I divorce or lose my wife I'm definitely going to troll the waters of 30-35 year olds (or younger) who are trying desperately to settle down without any intention of forming more then a casual relationship.

Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What is it? I see it being thrown-around a lot, most often (common here in GD) reflexively, often with out context. There are websites that opine about it but what is the general perception in this forum?

Can you be MGTOW and still in a relationship (not wife's bitch)?

Were explorers (Shackleton, etc.) that to expeditions and explorations being voluntary away from home MGTOW?

Is it politically sided?

Are you truly not a man if you don't give tirelessly and selflessly to fulfill the family unit?
View Quote

Men Grabbing Their Own Weiners.

I get why people identify with the movement and where it comes from,  it most of them need a shower more than a gross to bear….
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Incels trying to reframe the narrative?
View Quote

INCEL = Elliot Rogers

MGTOW = Leonardo DiCaprio
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

INCEL = Elliot Rogers

MGTOW = Leonardo DiCaprio
View Quote

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
From what I follow:

MGTOW came from guys looking at divorce/child support statistics coupled with women wanting to get their pussy stabbed until they hit the wall (or pop out some kids) and only rhen do they want to settle down.

Guys typically don't want that. Either find a woman that you want (hard to do) or go MGTOW and just hit and quit with no expectation of a serious relationship. A lot of MGTOW is not compromising to social pressures of "accept a woman for what she is. Who cares if she throws on 50lbs, decides to stay home, then bangs some dude without a career only to divorce and take half of your stuff".

I get it. If I divorce or lose my wife I'm definitely going to troll the waters of 30-35 year olds (or younger) who are trying desperately to settle down without any intention of forming more then a casual relationship.

View Quote

Yes this is it. It's simply referring to the unjust legal aspects of marriage/divorce settlements. And doesn't refer to losers or undesirables, as it is way more relevant to successful men who have more to lose. For example, Bezos getting remarried would be objectively dumb. Absolutely nothing for him to gain and everything to lose, as he learned from his first marriage.

The incel shit is something completely different. I get why women try to group the two to shit on both, but it's weird when dudes on here do.

Make fun of incels all you want, but mgtow is just young men trying to be smart by listening to guys who are generally older and have been through divorce.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Men groping tits of women
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think the first 4 all apply
View Quote

Damn it. Sorta beat....I was gonna post that for it to apply to  ME....I can't vote for the first 4 together.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:46:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Guys who've caught on to the game being played and refusing to play the game if there's an 80% chance that the other side will bail out on the slightest pretense
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Many women are not worth the shit they pour forth.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#48]
People that aren’t willing to bet half their stuff that she’ll love you forever and their dick will be the last one she takes.

If they feel like busting a nut. Getting some from a random bar chick is much easier and safer than marriage.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is correct.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#50]
I may fit the definition
Married early 20's...divorced late 20's
Stayed single over the last 3 decades and love it, not a woman hater, but single life fits me best.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top