Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 7:14:19 PM EDT
This is my favorite Gregorian chant;

"Puer natus est nobis is the introit for the Mass of Christmas Day and, in the Extraordinary Form, its Octave. It is drawn from Isaiah 9:6; the verse is from Psalm 98 (97) and the antiphon is repeated after the Gloria Patri."

Puer Natus Est Nobis (Christmas Day, Introit)

Puer natus est nobis
Et filius datus est nobis
Cuius imperium super humerum eius
Et vocabitur nomen eius
Magni consilii Angelus

Cantate Domino canticum novum
Quia mirabilia fecit

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper,
in secula seculorum. Amen.

(In English)
A boy is born to us,
And a son is given to us,
upon whose shoulders authority rests,
and His name will be called
"The Angel of Great Counsel".

Sing to the Lord a new song,
because he has done the miraculous.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, and is now, and always will be,
in every human generation. Amen.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:54:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you!

This is an attempt to re-post.... seems a few of my posts are not making it..

To Jesus Christ be all the Glory!  Forever!  Amen
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I was raised Roman Catholic however by the time of high school I no longer believed in god or the RC church. I married a RC girl who is my best friend, lover, and my reason for living.After 40 years this July were still like newly weds. I have a conundrum now. I don't believe in any other religion
but if I did it would be Catholicism. How does one take another look without being a hypocrite, which I abhor. The Gregorian chant you played reminded
me how much I appreciated that music when I was young.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was raised Roman Catholic however by the time of high school I no longer believed in god or the RC church. I married a RC girl who is my best friend, lover, and my reason for living.After 40 years this July were still like newly weds. I have a conundrum now. I don't believe in any other religion
but if I did it would be Catholicism. How does one take another look without being a hypocrite, which I abhor. The Gregorian chant you played reminded
View Quote

Youtube Apologetic videos are a good place to start. I like this guy. He's a bit sarcastic as a schtick, but his logic is sound.

Padre Peregrino is also great. There is a thread on his CPX series here. Good luck!!! We're here for anything you need. I would add that looking at the threads here will hash out a lot of questions also. I would read the ones already here.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I second VG's recommendation for Father Nix's catechism series.  I would also recommend looking for a parish that offers the Traditional Latin Mass, preferably one that offers it exclusively but I'd take a diocesan parish that offers TLM or an Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter parish (Anglican reverts to Catholicism with a liturgy that is very close to TLM, but in the vernacular - celebrated ad orientum with communion kneeling on the tongue only).  

IMO you are more likely to be surrounded by fellow parishoners who adhere to or at least aspire to adhere to all Catholic teaching.  You are also far more likely to be at a parish whose priest considers the salvation of souls as his preeminent duty, not social justice.

FSSP has parishes in Ocala (Our Lady Queen of Peace), Sarasota (Christ the King), Fort Myers (Resurrection of Our Lord), and Naples (St. Agnes).

The Ordinariate has parishes in Jacksonville (St. James) and Orlando (Incarnation Catholic Church and St. John Fisher)

A Google search for TLM in Florida:  Well that didn't work.  Just search "traditional latin mass in florida" and check to be sure that any you choose are actually in communion with Rome - some may not be.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Whether you go Latin or N.O., make sure you pick a conservative parish. If your parish doesn't advocate novenas, the catechism, the rosary, frequent communion, and frequent CONFESSION you may be at too liberal a parish.

If there isn't a strong message on the need for strong faith and practice, along with an emphasis on the difficulty for maintaining a state of Grace, move on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top