Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2021 12:40:33 PM EDT
Just down loaded it today. I have been using Simplify 3D for several years now. For 99.9% of stuff I do it works great. One thing It wasn’t great on was the files for a lack table enclosure. Because of this issue I’m going to give Prusaslicer a spin. Hopefully the learning curve isn’t bad. For those of you that use it, a question. How accurate is it’s print time estimate? S3D misses the mark by about 20% every time.

To get things rolling today I’ll do some little test cubes and maybe a benchy or three.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I like PrusaSlicer, just wish it had Cura's tree supports...
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fairly accurate.

You are going to love paint on supports
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Fairly accurate.

You are going to love paint on supports

Quoted:
I like PrusaSlicer, just wish it had Cura's tree supports...

We really need paint on tree supports.   So someone has to steal the others idea.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Test cube is cooking. One issue right off the bat. It set the hotend temp at 150. I double checked my settings and found no issues. Nothing in the start G-code either. Hmmm...
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Octoprint has a plugin which gives you to the second timing on your prints.  Takes about a day of printing to get i calibrated for your particular setup (All automatic, does it while you are otherwise printing), but from then on it is balls on accurate.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Test cube is cooking. One issue right off the bat. It set the hotend temp at 150. I double checked my settings and found no issues. Nothing in the start G-code either. Hmmm...
View Quote

Prusaslicer sets the nozzle temp initially to 150C while it's heating the bed and for auto-leveling.  Then it raises it to the target temp you've set before printing starts.

I was a long time Cura user and have switched to Prusaslicer.  I'm getting better quality without a ton of settings changes like I'd have to do in Cura.  The only thing I miss is tree supports.

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I also found my prints turned out better with less headache with PrusaSlicer.

I really like SuperSlicer as well which is a fork of PrusaSlicer.

SuperSlicer has some built in calibration prints that are just awesome to help tune your filament. I'm talking everything like first layer, flow calibration, temp calibration, flow settings for bridging, etc. I'm impressed. It can be a little daunting for the first time though in expert mode, but it works very similar to PrusaSlicer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top