BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/7/2023 11:14:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:15:52 PM EDT
[#1]
So what is prop HH as I do not want to open your link.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
No CLICKY strange unknown link.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what is prop HH as I do not want to open your link.
View Quote

i could be way off but i believe it somewhat regulates gov spending.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Man who came up with the bright idea of naming a proposition "HH"
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
GOOD!

Shocking but good
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GOOD!

Shocking but good
View Quote
The Dems have tried this so many times and been told no by the taxpayer.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
As I recall it was incomprehensible written on the ballot. Very hard to understand what the vote was for if you didn't already know.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As I recall it was incomprehensible written on the ballot. Very hard to understand what the vote was for if you didn't already know.
View Quote

Without raising taxes, shall 87% of puppies and kittens be eligible for a reduction of their owners’ property tax by 1% every February 31st?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
This state will elect the most liberal politicians and policies in the country but when it comes to tax increases it always fails. It’s the oddest thing I’ve ever witnessed politically but it happens more often than not in Colorado.

They are persistent though so expect it to pass just through other means once the dust settles.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I was worried about this one.  It was written in a very sleazy and misleading way.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
And so no one is confused, this does not signal any sort of shift to the right or even away from the extreme left within the state. As I mentioned Colorado has a history of shooting down tax increases so this didn’t even surprise me. Their only chance was the confusing wording that was used.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This state will elect the most liberal politicians and policies in the country but when it comes to tax increases it always fails. It’s the oddest thing I’ve ever witnessed politically but it happens more often than not in Colorado.

They are persistent though so expect it to pass just through other means once the dust settles.
View Quote

It will be renamed “fee” and judges will agree wholeheartedly
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

From a paying 09 member?
Ooooookay
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Fantastic!  Proposition HH was a very clever trick by Polis, and I thought Coloradans might just be dumb enough to vote for it.  Seriously the gall of the bastard dems to trick Colorado voters into allowing property taxes to balloon, and then to put a ballot measure that would offer some property tax relief, but gut our TABOR protections that the commies can't stand. Honestly it was a genius ploy on the part of the commies, I'm shocked Colorado voters actually saw through it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Good.

It was worded so boomers would think they're getting lower taxes and more benefits.

“SHALL THE STATE REDUCE PROPERTY TAXES FOR HOMES AND BUSINESSES, INCLUDING EXPANDING PROPERTY TAX RELIEF FOR SENIORS, AND BACKFILL COUNTIES, WATER DISTRICTS, FIRE DISTRICTS, AMBULANCE AND HOSPITAL DISTRICTS, AND OTHER LOCAL GOVERNMENTS AND FUND SCHOOL DISTRICTS BY USING A PORTION OF THE STATE SURPLUS UP TO THE PROPOSITION HH CAP AS DEFINED IN THIS MEASURE?”
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Those cunts have been trying everything to jack our taxes.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good.

It was worded so boomers would think they're getting lower taxes and more benefits.
View Quote

Hey prick, I knew what it said and I’ll boomer ur ass to Raton.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Good, eye went nyet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:01:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Why were the Dems and the Gov hoping for less restrictions on spending? They have some pet projects or business they want to incentivize?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Link
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:20:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And so no one is confused, this does not signal any sort of shift to the right or even away from the extreme left within the state. As I mentioned Colorado has a history of shooting down tax increases so this didn’t even surprise me. Their only chance was the confusing wording that was used.
View Quote

When I was reading it that is what it sounded like but only read part of it....I am not in CO so had no clue what HH meant or heard of it before this thread.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why were the Dems and the Gov hoping for less restrictions on spending? They have some pet projects or business they want to incentivize?
View Quote
It's Polis.......Yes
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

TABOR requires excess funds from taxes be returned. The democrats have been trying to reverse this since they took over the state 10 years ago and we keep voting their BS down. They can't fully californicate us until they kill TABOR.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#30]
The Republicans are trying for a special session to rein in huge property tax increases.  I am trying to reach a state Senator to enact some changes:

1)  Roll back assessments to circa 2019/2020 values.

2)  Ensure that school mill levies on capital projects (loans) are reduced so that they only the original amount planned/approved and not a windfall.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#31]
So now that HH failed, will they just jack up property taxes as punishment?  They already get around TABOR by calling everything "fees" instead of "taxes".
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Turns out CO voters don't like being told that they should vote for a shit sandwich despite Polis swearing it will be delicious.

Voters hate being misled. The proposition should have never made it to ballot as written. Politicians and the ballot language claims HH to be a tax cut, but it is a tax raise. Voters actually understood it was a bait and switch, then soundly rejected it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So now that HH failed, will they just jack up property taxes as punishment?  They already get around TABOR by calling everything "fees" instead of "taxes".
View Quote

My property assessment went up about 75% this year.  Assuming the same mill levy across all taxing entities that is a 75% increase for them from me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:36:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Around ten years ago we had a ballot referendum for whether or not restaurants should be allowed to sell alcohol on Sundays.  Pretty simple and easy to understand concept, right?  This is how it was actually worded on the ballot:

Shall the South Carolina Department of Revenue be authorized to issue temporary permits in this county for a period not to exceed twenty-four hours to allow the possession, sale, and consumption of alcoholic liquors by the drink to bona fide nonprofit organizations and business establishments otherwise authorized to be licensed for consumption-on-premises sales?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Herbert Hoover? Hubert Humphrey? Horatio Hornblower?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#36]
I’m pleasantly surprised.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fantastic!  Proposition HH was a very clever trick by Polis, and I thought Coloradans might just be dumb enough to vote for it.  Seriously the gall of the bastard dems to trick Colorado voters into allowing property taxes to balloon, and then to put a ballot measure that would offer some property tax relief, but gut our TABOR protections that the commies can't stand. Honestly it was a genius ploy on the part of the commies, I'm shocked Colorado voters actually saw through it.
View Quote

Loved the one add that stated, If HH lowered taxes, you wouldn't be voting on it.  We only vote on tax increases.  2 years ago, the increases were voted for as the dems went full fraud on the election.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Turns out CO voters don't like being told that they should vote for a shit sandwich despite Polis swearing it will be delicious.

Voters hate being misled. The proposition should have never made it to ballot as written. Politicians and the ballot language claims HH to be a tax cut, but it is a tax raise. Voters actually understood it was a bait and switch, then soundly rejected it.
View Quote

Of course Denver & Boulder are showing yes on HH with vote counts as of midnight

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Of course Denver & Boulder are showing yes on HH with vote counts as of midnight
https://distortion.io/i/nd3lJn.png
https://distortion.io/i/0tHdpc.png
View Quote

Thar's a lower yes percentage than I expected for BoCo.  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow so much detail.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#41]
I guess they thought with everyone smoking dope they would vote yes?
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

TABOR requires excess funds from taxes be returned. The democrats have been trying to reverse this since they took over the state 10 years ago and we keep voting their BS down. They can't fully californicate us until they kill TABOR.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

That is there top priority for Taxes, to repeal the TABOR.  Reading through the Colorado Dem platform is sickening.  Full Retard  They make 1995 Bill Clinton look like Grover Norquist.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It will be renamed “fee” and judges will agree wholeheartedly
View Quote

Thats the Colorado way!
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're named in order.

2019 had CC and DD
2020 had EE
2022 had FF and GG
2023 HH and II

They use combinations of numbers, letters, double letters, depending on the particular item and the source that proposed it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:43:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You’re lucky, the idiots here vote overwhelmingly for every new expenditure and then bitch that their taxes went up….they’re that stupid.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:51:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Colorado is doomed.  It's crying shame.  I moved here in 2016 and it's the nicest climate I've ever been in.  You can go skiing and play golf in January.  Summers are amazing where I open up every window in the house at night.  We have great schools and plenty to do.   I'm a bit insulated in Colorado Springs but even this city has changed immensely in eight years and not for the better.  Doomed, I say.  

I'm very glad HH failed.  However, the wife and I are leaving this state as soon as our youngest graduates from HS.  Why?  'Cause fuck 'em, that's why.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#48]
I didn't even bother trying to understand the deliberately confusing wording.  I just looked at the list of people supporting it and that told me everything I needed to know.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

From a paying 09 member?
Ooooookay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From a paying 09 member?
Ooooookay
Don't mean jack who posts a strange unknown link DO NOT CLICK STRANGE UNKNOWK LINK is internet 101.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

In Colorado, if the .gov collects more than a certain amount of taxes, then the overage has to be returned.  The ballot write up focused on the property tax reduction part of it, but completely ignored the fact that it came at the cost of reducing the amount of tax overage the .gov would have to return.  The property tax reduction was minimal and wouldn't make up for the amount of money you would lose by not getting the tax overage back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top