Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 4:24:16 AM EDT
This has been an issue for about two years now. I back-burnered it because the only thing that this account it used for is to pay my motorcycle note, and it is scheduled to be paid off in another two years-ish.

Whenever I try to log in to the credit union website to check my balance, I get redirected to an error page that states: "We are temporarily experiencing technical difficulties; try again later. If the problem persists contact us at 757-928-8850. Reference Code: 21090" When I called the CU about it last year, their IT guy could not figure out why I could not log in. When I run the "test your browser" link on that page, I get the following:

Your Online Banking Browser Compatibility Test Results

This current system configuration may not be compatible with Online Banking.

Details
Browser & Version:
Chrome 88.0.4324.152

Operating System:
Windows 10

JavaScript Enabled:
Yes

Cookies Enabled:
No

Cookies must be enabled. More info

Pop-ups Allowed:
Yes

SSL Key Size:

Display Size:
1920x1080

PDF Viewer Compatible:

Now, I have gone through all the settings and put in specific exceptions to allow cookies from the website, as well as set to accept all cookies. I have tried this with Edge, IE, Brave, and Firefox, with my VPN on and off. Every browser returns the same result: that I must enable cookies, this despite the fact that I HAVE enabled cookies for this website.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Find out the cause by the process of elimination.
Can you try another computer? Maybe your phone?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not an IT guy but I work in technology as an analyst. Best I can tell you is push the CU IT guy to figure it out. Ultimately it's his problem to fix and don't fall for the "restart your computer BS". Typically it's a cookie or port selection setting. If the CU IT guy can't figure it out, force the issue w/ ur CU and make them find someone who can. A lot of banks are cheap when it comes to IT so this guy is probably not an MCSE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top