User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Snort Snodgrass and Jive Kirby tried quite hard to market that jet a decade ago and nobody was interested.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Paul Allen had a MIG29, I know it was sold but not sure where it ended up?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I used to see Serbian G-2 Galebs for sale.  Pretty simple single engine design.

But best bet is the L-39.  Lots of support for those and a good, cheap all around jet trainer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: But best bet is the L-39.  Lots of support for those and a good, cheap all around jet trainer.
View Quote
No question about that! Give these guys $1M, or even a little less, and you'll get back the L39 of your dreams: modern engine, wet wings, increased performance, glass panels front and rear. Even going all in like that on an L39 it's still got to be the absolute cheapest way to get to 400KN there is.

If someone took a couple of L39 drop tanks and modified them to be luggage bays you'd have the ultimate personal sports jet transport. And your excuse for continuing to wear the cool-guy helmet and mask is that it's only pressurized up to 20,000 feet
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I used to see Serbian G-2 Galebs for sale.  Pretty simple single engine design.

But best bet is the L-39.  Lots of support for those and a good, cheap all around jet trainer.
View Quote

I saw two of them at a little air show back in October. It was a pretty impressive demonstration.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Owned by a husband and wife and stored at an airport local to me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
There's an L39 based at KMLB- I can never catch the owner to beg a ride- I'd even pay for the fuel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Privately owned Harrier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PHcdn8R4d4
View Quote

@djohn

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Paul Allen had a MIG29, I know it was sold but not sure where it ended up?
View Quote

I thought a Draken founder bought it for his private jet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Company in Anchorage had some Chezch L39 jets and rocket pods for them... BUT no DD license so he got in trouble. Security aviation, the guy was arrested in 2006 with the whole kit and caboodle , unpapered suppressors, stolen jets, mail order bride, fake passport, fake id's, 20k in a briefcase/bug out bag, fake FBI and CIA creds, fake war medals(US and foreign)...

https://www.alaskajournal.com/community/2006-02-12/despite-federal-raid-security-aviation-still-flying
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Russia would sell Thier decommission fighters and fly you to Russia for flight school. A guy at the local airport purchased a fulcrum from Russia. They gave him an authentic helmet and 2 weeks of training. He's not filthy rich but flys it regularly out of Columbia SC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd want one I could put on blocks and just fire up and rev the engine every now and then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I vaguely remember seeing Czech MiG-21's on Trade-A-Plane for under $50K, back in the mid 2000's. I wanted one just for my back yard.

I think a few were around the $29K mark. They were extra work needed Fixer Uppers.

I'd want one I could put on blocks and just fire up and rev the engine every now and then.

Some old woman in CT did exactly that, would fire up the MiG-17 just to rile up the neighborhood and local cops.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Some old woman in CT did exactly that, would fire up the MiG-17 just to rile up the neighborhood and local cops.
View Quote

That would be hilarious to see.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Company in Anchorage had some Chezch L39 jets and rocket pods for them... BUT no DD license so he got in trouble. Security aviation, the guy was arrested in 2006 with the whole kit and caboodle , unpapered suppressors, stolen jets, mail order bride, fake passport, fake id's, 20k in a briefcase/bug out bag, fake FBI and CIA creds, fake war medals(US and foreign)...

https://www.alaskajournal.com/community/2006-02-12/despite-federal-raid-security-aviation-still-flying
View Quote

I remember when that story broke, he had pictures of himself in uniforms with medals and insignia from around the globe. Searching google, articles say he wasn’t convicted on the weapons charges. The TV show American Greed did an episode on him, dude stole like $50 million from someone’s  trust fund. What a scum bag.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#18]

There was (may still be) a Magister based in Heber, Utah, that I occasionally saw and heard fly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Joe Gano has a couple of MiGs that he flies out of New Castle (Wilmington), Delaware.  Haven't seen it in a few years, but he used to blast off every Sunday morning in his MiG-23.  He's got a 21 and some older ones.  Warbirds of Delaware.
View Quote

He usually would put it in full afterburner right at 8:00 am and piss off the poeple in the Burger King at Hare's Corner for his take off run.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top