Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 11:44:38 PM EDT
Let’s say a fellow no longer wants to be tracked around the web but has been for years. The “digital profile” of that person is well know and has been sold countless times.

How would that fellow:

1) Vanish

2) prevent future profiles from being created

What’s the step by step process that a regular person could follow?  

Is such a thing even possible?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:48:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Your digital habits would still match, everyone is unique and your digital fingerprint is as unique as someone elses.

Going digitally cold turkey would be required.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
How long would one have to cold turkey to reset their patterns.  A year?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Cash only.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How long would one have to cold turkey to reset their patterns.  A year?
View Quote

Forever.

You are you.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok. Apologize for being a noob here, but what value is there in proton mail, VPNs, duck duck go, etc. ?

What are people who use these tools trying to accomplish?

What would be the #1 reason we should all be using them but aren’t?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Nvmd
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The 1st rule of faking your death is don't post about faking your death.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Shaun fo'd
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shaun fo'd
View Quote

He fent.

JustinWB actually faked his own death.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#10]
First off, you have to die.  A valid death cert would be a huge help in hiding your existence.  It gets you removed from all kinds of government lists, but you will be voting Democrat in many places.

Then you need a birth certificate for a child under one year old who never had an ssn.

From there it's a piece of cake.

Or you could find someone who just died and step into their life.

There are many published books on getting off the grid.  Don't buy them with a credit card.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Go live in a shack in Montana with no electricity, running water or internet and write incomprehensible conspiracy theories and send out packages twice a year with bombs in them when your mom sends you money for your birthday and Christmas.

Of course the FBI will eventually figure it out. Eventually.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He fent.

View Quote

That kid wasn't right.  Wound up getting another member that I really liked banned along with him for that stunt.  I forget what his name was.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That kid wasn't right.  Wound up getting another member that I really liked banned along with him for that stunt.  I forget what his name was.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He fent.

I was rolling as I read the thread in which he dressed up like a cardboard box transformer in order to hitch a ride in the recycling truck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Renounce your citizenship
Cross over in one of the caravans crossing the border.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw on forensic files where a guy picked up a homeless guy, shot him, then took his SSN and used it to get a new ID printed (with his face), then was able to take his identity.

He had no online presence because he was a druggie/homeless guy.

I do not recommend doing that, he ultimately got caught and zapped in the lightening chair.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Sell all your shit
Move to the woods/mountains
Start living off the land

No phone
No TV
No internet
No satellite

Power from wind/water/geothermal
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was rolling as I read the thread in which he dressed up like a cardboard box transformer in order to hitch a ride in the recycling truck.
View Quote

"Damn shame people throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that".
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:50:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Learn Spanish and pretend to be from South America and blend in with the millions that Biden will let in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:56:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Go live in a shack in Montana with no electricity, running water or internet and write incomprehensible conspiracy theories and send out packages twice a year with bombs in them when your mom sends you money for your birthday and Christmas.

View Quote

Would you believe I’m watching that show right now?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Minus this website, and a burner email, I have zero internet foot print, and even then Im behind like 12 proxies... I honestly don't even exist in real life.. Im like 10% lower with only a hammer, chisel, and a flat head screw driver..
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#21]
I2P
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:12:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Giant meteor will fix everything.  

Please come, giant meteor.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Easy:

Log out of everything and never log back in. Cut the cords and don’t renew phone/internet.

Problem solved.

Your welcome.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Just completely change your habits online.
Only buy things you dont like, only go to websites/forums you had nothing to do with in any way, shit post all over with another poersonality, like all kinds of things you know nothing about, etc...
become a new you.

This is what I have done over the past decade, I never liked or owned firearms, I know nothing of any of the things I reference in posts, even the music related threads.. wtf was that stuff? lol ... hell I dont even speak english.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That shit was hilarious. I remember it well. Cardboard ghillie to sneak into the recycling center.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pro-tip:

If you put registered democrat in your manifesto the FBI will help hide the facts.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Absolutely!  The first step is to publicly state your intent on a public forum.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
First off, you have to die.  A valid death cert would be a huge help in hiding your existence.  It gets you removed from all kinds of government lists, but you will be voting Democrat in many places.

Then you need a birth certificate for a child under one year old who never had an ssn.

From there it's a piece of cake.

Or you could find someone who just died and step into their life.

There are many published books on getting off the grid.  Don't buy them with a credit card.
View Quote

I heard that that it really hard to do now.  I know one trick that illegal immigrants do to get a real job. They pay someone for their SSN and ID. They let them use their ID and get all the tax return money from the Illegals job
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Engage in a massive disinformation campaign. Start with LinkedIn and change all your work history to be completely false. The web crawlers will pick it up and spread it like gospel. Do the same for Facebook and whatever other platforms you are on.

If you can’t deny the world your data, feed it a load of shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Become amish
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I heard that that it really hard to do now.  I know one trick that illegal immigrants do to get a real job. They pay someone for their SSN and ID. They let them use their ID and get all the tax return money from the Illegals job
View Quote
After my father died, I found a complete set of ID that he had used this trick for back in the 1970s in his effects. Now when someone dies, the death jurisdiction contacts the birth jurisdiction and they stamp DECEASED on the BCs.

He had a dead baby's birth certificate, then he got a SSN, California driver's license, the whole shebang. Wish I'd kept it to investigate further. We parted on very bad terms, and after he died I burned up most everything associated with him in the fireplace.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your digital habits would still match, everyone is unique and your digital fingerprint is as unique as someone elses.

Going digitally cold turkey would be required.
View Quote

what does it take to feed the digital fingerprint bad data ?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top