Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2018 2:01:14 AM EDT
My mom wants to go shopping for a good bottle of Port Wine.

I know I can count on you all throwing some recommendations at me.

Thanks in advance.

John
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to a distributor's showcase a few months ago, where they sampled out a lot of their wine, beer & spirits from their portfolio and tried 2 great (to me) Port wines.

Look for:
Dow's 2011 Late Bottled Vintage Porto
and
Dow's Quinta Senhora da Ribeira - Vintage Porto-

I really liked the 2011 bottle the best. Not sure on pricing. If these are not avail or too pricey for your mom, tell her to look for something at least 5-6 years old or older. The older it is, the more it cost. Just remember, a Port wine is more of a dessert wine, so you normally don't drink a lot. If you go to a nice restaurant and order a Port, it normally comes in a small wine glass, unlike a larger normal wine glass.

These 2 have been a decent drink also, which should be under $20 a bottle:
Fonseca Bin No. 27 Port Wine. ...
Graham's Six Grapes Reserve Port.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Kopke Colheita, pick a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top