Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2017 8:03:11 PM EDT
My ex-wife works in membership at the NRA hq in Fairfax VA.
She called me tonight to ask if I had heard about the statement released by Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre today.
I had not at that point, but I have now, and I called her back.
What she hold me is that they started to recieve calls abou this statement around 3PM Eastern. About 30 minutes after the calls started, she saw senior membership folks coming back from some meeting looking ill, and saying they had been not informed of the statement by Cox and LaPierre until AFTER the statement was released.
She does not know if the statement was approved by the Board, or if the members of the Board were consulted.

What she DID say was that if you want to contact the NRA, which many of you have, the best way to do it is by e-mail.
The e-mail address is membershipATnrahq.org.
When you send your email, include your membership number, as they will be tracking the number of verifiable memebers who are upset over this statement.
She said feel free to express your displeasure, and if you so desire, demand that Cox and LaPierre be fired, which is what I will be doing.
If you have family members who are members, and you include their member numbers, the will all be counted individually as members who are displeased with this stance.

If you choose to call the membership number, they will also be tracking the number of displeased members, but please remember that they didn't issue the statement, and the vast majority of them disagree with this statement, so please don't take your frustration out on them. Be curtious.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
 I wish to  plainly call for the  immediate resignation of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox form the NRA.
 These  grovelling leftist surrender-cunts do not, and cannot represent my interests.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 I wish to  plainly call for the  immediate resignation of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox form the NRA.
 These  grovelling leftist surrender-cunts do not, and cannot represent my interests.
View Quote
Bingo
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Then send in an e-mail, with your member number, and express that!

Much better ways to do this than stomping our feed and just dropping our memberships
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My ex-wife works in membership at the NRA hq in Fairfax VA.
She called me tonight to ask if I had heard about the statement released by Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre today.
I had not at that point, but I have now, and I called her back.
What she hold me is that they started to recieve calls abou this statement around 3PM Eastern. About 30 minutes after the calls started, she saw senior membership folks coming back from some meeting looking ill, and saying they had been not informed of the statement by Cox and LaPierre until AFTER the statement was released.
She does not know if the statement was approved by the Board, or if the members of the Board were consulted.

What she DID say was that if you want to contact the NRA, which many of you have, the best way to do it is by e-mail.
The e-mail address is membershipATnrahq.org.
When you send your email, include your membership number, as they will be tracking the number of verifiable memebers who are upset over this statement.
She said feel free to express your displeasure, and if you so desire, demand that Cox and LaPierre be fired, which is what I will be doing.
If you have family members who are members, and you include their member numbers, the will all be counted individually as members who are displeased with this stance.

If you choose to call the membership number, they will also be tracking the number of displeased members, but please remember that they didn't issue the statement, and the vast majority of them disagree with this statement, so please don't take your frustration out on them. Be curtious.
View Quote

Well you can tell her so she can tell her boss and his/her bosses that we are all pissed about those two cuks statements. We have given them money to protect the Second Amendment and this is how they use our money by caving it and bring restrictions that defeat the purpose of the NRA. If I was not a life member I would not give them any more money.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Email sent.
I did send extra to the GOA today. Everyone should belong to both.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be e-mailing them shortly, just got off the phone with membership. They seem to
be in the dark about any of the statements.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#7]
What I just sent to the '[email protected]' address.  

My name is ________________.  I am a life member of the NRA.  My membership number is ___________________.

I was shocked to discover that the NRA, an organization that I belong to for the sole purpose of representing my interest and protecting my constitutional rights, has taken it upon itself to decide I no longer need those rights and has decided to speak on my behalf (!!!) for more gun control.  Looking at what has happened in the best possible light; I am appalled by the NRA’s lack of judgment and its lack of understanding of its membership base.  The worse-case is that the NRA is a fraud that is more interested in fund-raising and protecting its own place in the Washington swamp.

In any event, I cannot condone the actions of the NRA leaders today.  I ask that they be fired tomorrow, and that a retraction of their statement be issued by the entire NRA board of directors.  If my request is not honored, than I want a full refund of my lifetime membership dues, because such monies were obtained by the NRA under fraudulent pretenses.

I await your response.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't believe for a minute the board didn't know.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I will be e-mailing them shortly, just got off the phone with membership. They seem to
View Quote
they are probably subcontractors.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Oops. Too late.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't believe for a minute the board didn't know.
View Quote
Yea...seem to remember a similar situation with Springfield Armory..
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
In
Bump..

Email set
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#13]
sent them a email with my member number
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What I just sent to the '[email protected]' address.  

My name is ________________.  I am a life member of the NRA.  My membership number is ___________________.

I was shocked to discover that the NRA, an organization that I belong to for the sole purpose of representing my interest and protecting my constitutional rights, has taken it upon itself to decide I no longer need those rights and has decided to speak on my behalf (!!!) for more gun control.  Looking at what has happened in the best possible light; I am appalled by the NRA’s lack of judgment and its lack of understanding of its membership base.  The worse-case is that the NRA is a fraud that is more interested in fund-raising and protecting its own place in the Washington swamp.

In any event, I cannot condone the actions of the NRA leaders today.  I ask that they be fired tomorrow, and that a retraction of their statement be issued by the entire NRA board of directors.  If my request is not honored, than I want a full refund of my lifetime membership dues, because such monies were obtained by the NRA under fraudulent pretenses.

I await your response.

Sincerely,
View Quote
Ditto
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Do both. Nothing wrong with flooding the phone lines and Inboxes.

Also as stated simply call and express your opinion and remember the ones answering the phones/emails are far from top no sense in getting upset/attacking them
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Email sent.

Not one more inch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I just sent an email also, a bit longer than your example.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Just sent this:

The statements made by Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox in connection with the horror committed in Las Vegas sicken me.

I am a life member of NRA and a certified instructor; with LaPierre and Cox’ statements, I am beginning to regret renewing my credentials.

If these two fools made their statements without NRA Board approval, they should be immediately be removed from positions of leadership within NRA.

As of this moment, I am truly ashamed to identify as a member of NRA.

FB
Life Member XXXXXXX
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I just fired off an email. They disgust me.

The NRA is dead to me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will get more info about the use of subs at the main number from my ex tomorrow, and I will let you know if they use any subs at the number.

I know that she was hearing about the statement before her bosses came down and hold them about it.

And all the NRA members who are whining and saying the are giving up their memberships, keep in mind that there is an election coming up, and you have a chance to try and get people in there that can make changes and change the direction they are going in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Pissed off, disappointed and wanting answers (but polite) email sent today.  Friends and family notified to do same.

Pissed off and you are not getting that 100K insurance policy and 50% of my retirement money when I die goes out tomorrow if this shit is not fixed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I will get more info about the use of subs at the main number from my ex tomorrow, and I will let you know if they use any subs at the number.

I know that she was hearing about the statement before her bosses came down and hold them about it.

And all the NRA members who are whining and saying the are giving up their memberships, keep in mind that there is an election coming up, and you have a chance to try and get people in there that can make changes and change the direction they are going in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

on one hand, yes elections are important.

On the other hand if they are going to pull shit like this, elections and their impact on them are either irrelevant or disasterous.  Because now EVERY fucking politician who votes for a ban can say but the NRA is cool with it as an excuse.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:31:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
It used to be (I don't know if it still is, but I strongly suspect so) that the subcontractors were who you got if you chose the first membership option on the voice mail, to change an address, or update a magazine subscription, or something along those lines. If you waited for "for Life members, or for information on becoming a Life Member, press X" that option actually got you to the membership services division in Fairfax. That was who I called today, and it sounded like they were physically at HQ.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:33:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The board knew. 

And they don't care what we think. They are running a business, and are doing what they can to protect their jobs and paychecks. 

Now lets see how they do without the funding stream that is membership dues. 
View Quote
I strongly suspect that they did not--at least not all of them. The one I contacted earlier didn't seem especially pleased with the statement.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
If they do not agree with the statement then have them say so to the public and not some he said she said BS.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#27]
I've been a member here for a number of years but never had occasion to post.  

As everyone is jumping on the band wagon to eviscerate the NRA and support other organizations can I recommend a little more reading?

http://www.thegunmag.com/nra-calls-review-bump-stocks-saf-ccrkba-support-dialogue/

The section I found most interesting is this:

The Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms – which just sponsored the 32nd annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Dallas, Texas – issued a joint statement that reflects the NRA sentiment.

“The Second Amendment Foundation and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms support a productive dialogue concerning ‘bump stocks,’ National Concealed Carry Reciprocity and the Hearing Protection Act.

“We recognize that banning firearms accessories is not a solution to violent crime.”

What all three gun rights organizations have done may put Congressional anti-gunners and gun prohibition lobbying groups on the spot. In order to get something, they may have to offer serious concessions to the firearms community in return. For all of their rhetoric about having a “dialogue” about guns and the Second Amendment, anti-gunners have never really offered anything of substance in return for their demands. Now, however, with national reciprocity and the proposed Hearing Protection Act on the table, the situation, and the playing field, has shifted dramatically.
View Quote
The plot thickens...

I've been an NRA Life member for many years now.  I am upset with their official statement and I've made that clear to them.  I am now going to wait and get clarification as to what they are suggesting.  It would seem that other organizations are taking the same tack so maybe I'm missing the big picture here. (Oh, and I think the bump-fire things are silly toys. )

-Ron
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've been a member here for a number of years but never had occasion to post.  

As everyone is jumping on the band wagon to eviscerate the NRA and support other organizations can I recommend a little more reading?

http://www.thegunmag.com/nra-calls-review-bump-stocks-saf-ccrkba-support-dialogue/

The section I found most interesting is this:

The plot thickens...

I've been an NRA Life member for many years now.  I am upset with their official statement and I've made that clear to them.  I am now going to wait and get clarification as to what they are suggesting.  It would seem that other organizations are taking the same tack so maybe I'm missing the big picture here. (Oh, and I think the bump-fire things are silly toys. )

-Ron
View Quote
The problem is those two statements say opposite things. The SAF/CCRKBA statement says "yeah, we get it, we're gonna have to talk about it. But banning stuff isn't going to solve any problems." The NRA says "Fuck it, ban stuff".
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:30:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Contact the board of directors too!

The email address is [email protected]. Address the email to all board members and include your member number. If you don't include your member number, it will not be forwarded.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Email sent to both membership and the BoD.

I am a Benefactor Life member, #xxxxxxxx.  Approximately 6 months ago, I purchased Life memberships for my son, daughter, and daughter-in-law.

Now, to the business at hand:

I am shocked by the press release put out By Wayne and Chris yesterday regarding bump fire stocks.  Disgusted would be a better description.

I fully expect that they be asked to resign.  If they will not, I expect that they be fired.  Their actions are inexcusable.  Oh, and a 'golden parachute' IS NOT acceptable.  They truly should be ashamed of themselves, and the NRA as a whole should be divested of their heinous action.

If I find out that the board of directors had any part, or prior knowledge, of this, I will be very diligent in seeing to their removal.

'Freedoms Safest Place, Americas 1st Freedom, Stand and Fight,...  Wayne and Chris have shown their true colors.

Aside from a response, I also expect action.  And I expect it immediately!!  This cannot be allowed to stand!!

Lastly, I have made a habit of making quarterly donations to the ILA.  As a matter of fact, I had just mailed in an extra donation on Wednesday, Oct. 4th.  I have put a stop to that payment, and the NRA, ILA, and PVF will never see another nickel from me, or any of my family members if these despicable actions are not publicly disavowed, along with Wayne and Chris being publicly admonished.

Sincerely,

mi650
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#31]
My email to the NRA............

I am writing to express my visceral disgust with the backstabbing NRA leadership has perpetrated upon its members.

I could not possibly be angrier with the NRA's stance on "bump fire" or "slide fire" stocks after the tragedy in Vegas.

I am not willing to cede an inch to the gun grabbing left.  If the NRA is, I no longer want to be associated with the NRA.

The NRA's anti 2A position on this topic needs to be explained and quickly.  Your members are not ok with this.

Name

Membership #
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Contacted NRA. No love or money for NRA until LaPierre and Cox are gone and NRA has recognized their failure and corrected those problems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone for a moment considered waiting until the fallout is over before throwing a temper tantrum?

I don't know who hates the NRA more.  GD or Bloomberg, Feinstein, Schumer et al.

Its neck and neck at this point
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Has anyone for a moment considered waiting until the fallout is over before throwing a temper tantrum?

I don't know who hates the NRA more.  GD or Bloomberg, Feinstein, Schumer et al.

Its neck and neck at this point
View Quote
Wouldn’t that be neckbeard and neck?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Well this thread seemed to die off.

wonder why?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well this thread seemed to die off.

wonder why?
View Quote
Tantrum wore everyone out so it’s nap time?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Naps are good. Anyway just went and joined the GOA.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:54:34 PM EDT
[#38]
I've got a new idea for an NRA Activism thread... let's all discuss the maximum gun control we will accept without a single goddamn pro-gun law being passed and an NRA-endorsed majority in the House and Senate and the NRA-endorsed candidate in the White House.  Maybe that will revive this thread?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Get mad ? Get even.

Work from within to re institute the Cincinnati reforms of 1977.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top