Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 12:20:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have original hardware all the way back to 1977... so there's that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:18:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I just wanna play my Age ofvEmpires and MechWarrior.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:56:44 AM EDT
[#3]
GOG has aot of the old games and they work on modern computers. I finally beat one of my favorites from back in the day, Dungeon Keeper 2. Great concept for a strategy game.

I dont have a CD ROM anymore. So installing original games isn't possible for me. Plus, some of those CDs are not working. There is something fun about firing up an old computer to play though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:15:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont have a CD ROM anymore. So installing original games isn't possible for me. Plus, some of those CDs are not working.
View Quote
Convert the physical CDs into ISO files and mount them with emulator software (Windows 10 has that built-in actually).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GOG has aot of the old games and they work on modern computers. I finally beat one of my favorites from back in the day, Dungeon Keeper 2. Great concept for a strategy game.

I dont have a CD ROM anymore. So installing original games isn't possible for me. Plus, some of those CDs are not working. There is something fun about firing up an old computer to play though.
View Quote

I loved dungeon keeper 2. I have it somewhere but can’t find it. I found the box and manual but no cd. Do you have a copy?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
If you have RetroArch, download the DOSBox Pure core, play DOS games.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Convert the physical CDs into ISO files and mount them with emulator software (Windows 10 has that built-in actually).
View Quote

You'll need a cd drive for that conversion though.  But you can get a USB drive for under $30.  Then you can convert to ISO so you don't need a cd drive.  Which you now have...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:35:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You'll need a cd drive for that conversion though.
View Quote
Yeah, or just go see a friend who has a real computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top