Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2023 9:59:23 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Map key:

RED - Communist state that doesn't recognize any other state's permit, and doesn't issue permits to Texans.  Oregon (issues permits to neighboring states), California, New York, & Hawaii (hate the rest of America).
Dark GREEN - Non-resident permit necessary to pick up carry in a state that doesn't recognize Texas (Utah>Washington) or in a state that doesn't recognize anyone else (Illinois, NJ, DC, etc)  Maine & NH are green even though they have CC, would show red otherwise on this map.
Blue - recognize Texas, Utah (Washington), or Illinois (Minnessssoooota) permits.
Bright GREEN - your resident permit state. (Texas in my case)

From https://www.usacarry.com/concealed-carry-permit-reciprocity-maps/

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ has some interesting info - Puerto Rico is issuing non-resident licenses.

As a Texan, w/o buying or renting property that I don't need, it looks as if I might can secure enough non-resident permits to carry in 46 states, DC, & Puerto Rico.

Looks as if there used to be a ferry direct from New Jersey to Martha's Vineyard, but doesn't look as if that route is running anymore.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought I read that Puerto Rico now recognizes CCW licenses from all states. I might have to go for a visit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I thought I read that Puerto Rico now recognizes CCW licenses from all states. I might have to go for a visit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:  I thought I read that Puerto Rico now recognizes CCW licenses from all states. I might have to go for a visit.

That doesn't appear to be the case given one of the links above.  PR can choose to recognize other LTCs - but hasn't done so yet.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/pr-gun-laws/

Traveling with Handguns to Puerto Rico Not Quite Yet!

In terms of reciprocity, although the PRAA indicates that there is reciprocity with any valid U.S. state permit, there is a caveat that states that reciprocity will be allowed for each state, “once the NPPR Commissioner establishes a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the state.” As of November 2021, it appears that no MOUs have been established.

Like the communist north east, you can get THEIR license to carry.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought I read that Puerto Rico now recognizes CCW licenses from all states. I might have to go for a visit.
View Quote

You're likely to need your CCW if you do...
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Just travel the St. Lawrence Seaway and stay on the Canadian side.
No don’t do that.   They view a boat flare gun as an illegal handgun.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/Screenshot_at_2023-11-06_19-47-01_png-3018363.JPG

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ has some interesting info - Puerto Rico is issuing non-resident licenses.

As a Texan, w/o buying or renting property that I don't need, it looks as if I might can secure enough non-resident permits to carry in 46 states, DC, & Puerto Rico.

Looks as if there used to be a ferry direct from New Jersey to Martha's Vineyard, but doesn't look as if that route is running anymore.
View Quote

What state did you put in there to get NJ as reciprocity?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I am confused by Illinois being green.

"Only residents of states or territories of the United States that have laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act (of Illinois) are eligible."

"Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina and Virginia."

So you're a resident of Texas, but you're not? Genuinely curious if there's an angle here that others may be able to explore.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/Screenshot_at_2023-11-06_19-47-01_png-3018363.JPG

They're communist, but it appears they issue permits to non-residents.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nj-gun-laws/

Concealed carry is only legal with a NJ PCH. PCH are issued to residents and non-residents.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  I am confused by Illinois being green.

"Only residents of states or territories of the United States that have laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying, that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act (of Illinois) are eligible."

"Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina and Virginia."

So you're a resident of Texas, but you're not? Genuinely curious if there's an angle here that others may be able to explore.
View All Quotes

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/il-gun-laws/

Non-resident licenses are only available for residents of Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Texas and Virginia.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Added a map key to the OP.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Interesting...they have changed what they consider "similar". One would have to wonder what would happen if they have a non-res permit based on the "similar" rule, then later, that state was dropped from the "similar" list.

(direct from the ISP)
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are not a prohibited person you may carry in ME, VT, and NH.
No permit or license required.
Your map only related to permits?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Did Wisconsin in the USCCA map for you.  Doesn't look like you can get Illinois, or oddly, South Carolina.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/

Attachment Attached File

Grey are your resident & non-resident carry permits.

Yellow & Green are your states where you can carry on your permits, or Constitutional Carry.

Red are Communist states & South Carolina that doesn't recognize Wisconsin, or non-resident permits.

Here's a question.  NY will give part-time residents carry permits.  Timeshare?  Seemingly would also work for South Carolina for states that SC doesn't recognize, like Wisconsin.  Lot of money for a state far away, but if you vacation there often (SC?) or travel through there often (NY?), then maybe a timeshare becomes worth it.  Hawaii?  California?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  If you are not a prohibited person you may carry in ME, VT, and NH.
No permit or license required.
Your map only related to permits?
View Quote

Primarily.  See the map key in the OP.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  You don't need a permit to carry in Utah
View Quote

But a Utah permit picks up Washington state, and is easy to get.  There are Utah CC instructors all over the country b/c their permit is so useful & easy to get.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Take 84 from port jervis pa to Danbury ct

75 miles

GO THE SPEED LIMIT

Safest way
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  Take 84 from port jervis pa to Danbury ct

75 miles

GO THE SPEED LIMIT

Safest way
View Quote

I'd rather bypass NY altogether on a ferry or ship, and it looks as though there might be a faster route further south?  From Oakland PA to Rye Brook, CT?  Sorry, Park Ridge NJ to Glenville, CT.  29 miles, 36 minutes.

You have any ideas for our Wisconsin fella here?  Want to rent him a room so he can get a resident SC permit?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Your Texas plates like mine will get notice by NY cops. Not saying they will pull you over just because, but the plates do say something other than "Hi Ya'll" . I would find a plastic trim piece or other such dead space built into your vehicle that can snap in and out of place without trouble, and leave your pistol hidden in there. Before you enter Democrat commie lands, you pull over, put the gun away, and forget about it until you're back in the safe zone. If you look enough, just about every auto has a small plastic panel that will pop into place. If need be, you can use magnets or velcro to hold the trim piece firmly in place if the locking tabs get broken or weak. Unless you've got a really nervous demeanor about you, there is no reason why a cop would call in for dogs to sniff your car for ammo.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  Your Texas plates like mine will get notice by NY cops. Not saying they will pull you over just because, but the plates do say something other than "Hi Ya'll" . I would find a plastic trim piece or other such dead space built into your vehicle that can snap in and out of place without trouble, and leave your pistol hidden in there. Before you enter Democrat commie lands, you pull over, put the gun away, and forget about it until you're back in the safe zone. If you look enough, just about every auto has a small plastic panel that will pop into place. You can use magnets or velcro to hold it in place. Unless
you've got a really nervous demeanor about you, there is no reason why a cop would call in for dogs to sniff your car.
View Quote

Rent a car in NJ or Pennsylvania w/ local plates.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Looks as if I could possibly hold 1 resident & 21 non-resident carry permits:

Attachment Attached File

Key:  Grey are resident & non-resident permits

Yellow & Green recognize those permits

Red are communist states
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:50:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like West Virginia is in play now for non-residents.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#23]
If you enter via the  GWB you will be in CT in no time  ( or three hours ) but either way they ain’t backing up traffic stopping anyone on that stretch.
_
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#24]
A NY permit is now useless with the new laws they swept through following the scotus decision.

"Sensitive places..." The list is endless and includes any place other than your own property that doesn't post a "guns welcome sign."

With that said most don't give a fuck anymore.

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'd rather bypass NY altogether on a ferry or ship, and it looks as though there might be a faster route further south?  From Oakland PA to Rye Brook, CT?  Sorry, Park Ridge NJ to Glenville, CT.  29 miles, 36 minutes.

You have any ideas for our Wisconsin fella here?  Want to rent him a room so he can get a resident SC permit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Take 84 from port jervis pa to Danbury ct

75 miles

GO THE SPEED LIMIT

Safest way

Ahh, I always avoid NJ too

That restriction by SC is stupid is all I got
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:  If you enter via the  GWB you will be in CT in no time  ( or three hours ) but either way they ain’t backing up traffic stopping anyone on that stretch.
_
View Quote

Northvale NJ to the Bryam River Bridge is just shy of 24 miles:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Northvale,+New+Jersey+07647,+USA/Byram+River+Bridge/
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:  The real question is, why the heck would you want to go to the north east anyway?  I mean, NH and ME are ok. But they are rapidly going blue.  Why do you think I escaped?
View Quote

The only real reason?  To get carry permits.  

I grew up in a time & place when you couldn't even carry a pistol in your car, and I resorted to carrying an 870 Youth in 20 ga w/ a full choke, a Choate extension, Pachmayr 12 ga pistol grip I trimmed to fit the 20 ga frame, & #3 buckshot.  Now, if I jump through enough hoops, and pay enough fees, submit enough passport photos & fingerprints, I can conceal carry a pistol in 46 states, DC, & Puerto Rico.  It's been a sea change for concealed carry in half a century, and most of the change has happened in the last 30 years.

Would I like nationwide Constiutional Carry?  Of course I would  Should all states recognize my Texas LTC through the full faith & credit clause?  Of course they should.  But it's nice to know that I can protect myself almost anywhere I choose to travel in the US.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a Oregon, and Idaho enhanced and with those I get 41 states.  Ironically almost none of them I want to visit.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  I have a Oregon, and Idaho enhanced and with those I get 41 states.  Ironically almost none of them I want to visit.  
View Quote

Idaho Enhanced Resident gets the most, b/c you can pick up Oregon and Illinois.  If you jumped through all the hoops on the East coast & Puerto Rico, you could carry in 49 jurisdictions on 10 permits.

Attachment Attached File

Bright green is Resident permit

Dark green are non-resident permits

Blue recognize above permits

Red are Communist states

Puerto Rico not shown
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Did Wisconsin in the USCCA map for you.  Doesn't look like you can get Illinois, or oddly, South Carolina.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/Wisconsin_png-3019018.JPG

Yellow & Green are your states where you can carry on your permits, or Constitutional Carry.

Red are Communist states & South Carolina that doesn't recognize Wisconsin, or non-resident permits.

Here's a question.  NY will give part-time residents carry permits.  Timeshare?  Seemingly would also work for South Carolina for states that SC doesn't recognize, like Wisconsin.  Lot of money for a state far away, but if you vacation there often (SC?) or travel through there often (NY?), then maybe a timeshare becomes worth it.  Hawaii?  California?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/84655/Wisconsin_png-3019018.JPG

NAM, I reran your map and added Utah & Virginia, easy non-resident permits to get, along w/ the East coast & Puerto Rico.  Still don't get South Carolina, but pick up New Mexico & Washington state:

Attachment Attached File

Key:  Maine & New Hampshire are CC, so despite showing red, you can carry there.
Bright Green - resident permit
Dark Green - non-resident permits
Blue - recognize above permits
Red, other than Maine & NH, are Communist states
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
IL has a "leave it in your car" type carry. Encased and unloaded everywhere else. Has not been tested in court yet though IIRC.\

EDIT: Also, the map posted with MN accepting WI permits needs to be inspected very carefully. Other places are saying they do not recognize WI permits at all.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IL has a "leave it in your car" type carry. Encased and unloaded everywhere else. Has not been tested in court yet though IIRC.
EDIT: Also, the map posted with MN accepting WI permits needs to be inspected very carefully. Other places are saying they do not recognize WI permits at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IL has a "leave it in your car" type carry. Encased and unloaded everywhere else. Has not been tested in court yet though IIRC.

Minnesota doesn't recognize Wisconsin permits.  Minnesota recognizes New Jersey permits, oddly.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/wi-gun-laws/

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nj-gun-laws/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top